Asnebumskit Hill Report- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2006

Asnebumskit Hill Report

Started at the radio towers and headed down one of the center trails. Dry for the most part. All the streams from the top are full, but not overflowing. Trails are dry, but heavily covered in leaves. Missed a few turns because I couldn't follow the trail anymore. On the trail with all the rock walls there are a couple downed trees that need removal. Overall conditions are good. We were going to head into Boyton Park, but the suspension linkage on my buddies Specialized M4 gave up before we got to Camp St.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    What's the difference between those two areas? I thought they were the same area and just referred to by different names. I've only riden what I would consider to be Boynton Park a couple of times and I've always started way at the bottom by Cascade Falls or whatever and worked my way up to the field where people are always letting their dogs run.

Where are the towers you mentioned? I haven't been to them yet. I'm definitely missing a good part of riding in that area. I'm only right down the road so I'd like to start riding that more. Hopefully with a few more rides up that way I'll be able to get my bearings and put a good loop together.

Thanks for any help.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Go through the gate at the end of Camp St and take the first trail on the left.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Thanks again. I'll try that.

I got out yesterday to Hodges Dam in Oxford and the trails were in good shape. The Army has taken down a lot of trees over there. I couldn't believe the difference.

Sucks about the rain this weekend.
    You think that's rideable?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    you can still get to the area thru camp st?? thats good to know--i used to park at that little mini lot was on camp and ride in where that old house was....where there is a newish house now and no more access---

Where'd I leave my beer?
    I'm getting all misty eyed reading this! I used to own the house directly across from Howe's Farm Stand in Paxton on 122. Many memories of rolling out the driveway to some prime riding in Asnebumskit. I'm way up in central NH now. I need to get my butt back down there one day!

Members who have read this thread: 0