Anyone ride MTB's in the Berkshires anymore?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Anyone ride MTB's in the Berkshires anymore?

Hey guys. I have been slowly getting back into the MTB scene, I havnt really ridden in about 3-4 years. I just finished building up a nice little all mountain/ light freeride bike. Unfortunately I have found there really isnt a big community around my area anymore. It seems like its BMX or nothing. So I guess im asking if anyone in the Berkshire ma area rides anymore? i'm looking to build a few new trails next season and looking to meet some new friends. So if any locals still ride hit me up, iv got some land to build on.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Yeah There's about 60 or 70 regular riders here in the Berks

Don't know where you live, but try your local shop, join BerskshireNEMBA and join NORULES MOUNTAIN BIKE CLUB. We are out riding all the time. building and maintaining the trails, too. Harry

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Where are you from? Im south of Boston but love the Berkshires and just go into MTbing after a long time of road ccyling.

Jack

mtbr member
    It's been way to long since I've been to Western Mass. I've wondered about riding the Pittsfield area. Anything rideable that's is just outside of town w/o needing a car?

Also just want to thank the locals in that area. They were the best people to deal with while I was traveling, super-friendly and very helpful.
    Good friction shifting is getting hard to find nowadays....

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    It seems like everyone in Western,Mass /Berkshires is that way! I love going out there no matter what season is there...

mtbr member
    I got that impression when I arrived in town after accidentally jumping a freight from Springfield. After half an hour shooting pics of the local rail action, I met a few locals. Practically everyone asked me if I needed assistance, and I never once asked.

So I stayed the night there, went to a local bar(Hotdogger?) that looked like a hot dog stand since it was so small. Stayed around the corner, and caught Amtrak back to Boston the next day. I would love to show my spouse the area, I'll gladly spend mony in Pittsfield again and I know she'll like there as well.
    Good friction shifting is getting hard to find nowadays....

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Whether I am skiing,Motorcycling or bicycling (road or MTB) I sometimes rather go to Western,Mass the people seem nicer than in NH.