Anyone live around the Lowell Ma Area- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2012

Anyone live around the Lowell Ma Area

Looking for a few people to ride with on the weekends ?? And where do you go in the area ?Thanks guys ..

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I don't live in the Lowell area, but NEMBA has group rides on Tuesday nights in the Lowell-Dracut-Tyngsboro town forest. There are also Friday night group rides in Russell Mill (Chelmsford). Both of those areas are quite close to Lowell and have online maps available. If you can make it to one of those rides you might meet some new people. Check out the NEMBA forums for more info: Massachusetts

One for all, all for ZERO
    May 2009
    I live in Lowell, and have ridden with the Tuesday night NEMBA gang at LDTF -- they are a really rad group! Go there!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by A1Zero View Post
    I live in Lowell, and have ridden with the Tuesday night NEMBA gang at LDTF -- they are a really rad group! Go there!
    Nice i will go down next Tuesday.Any good fast trails ? or is it easy going ?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Fairly technical single track. Quite a few obstacles. Couple of 4 foot drops. 40 ft log ride about 3 ft off the ground. Some big boulders to ride too.
    2011 stumpjumper fsr comp 29er

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Nice !! Thanks i will be there next Tuesday ....

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Russell Mill in Chelmsford is worth checking out if you liked the description of LDTTF. It also has a pump track and a nice little banked flowy downhill trail (Wild Turkey).

mtbr santa cruz member
    Nov 2005
    MV NEMBA is our core group. We host ride on Tuesday at Lowell and Fridays in Chelmsford. The weekend rides vary from place to place but are not posted. I would check out the pace of the Tuesday ride at Lowell Dracut to see if it is a good match. Most of the discussion are on the MV Nemba facebook site. It's a closed group so just ask to join.
    PM me with any questions.
    Barry

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut View Post
    Russell Mill in Chelmsford is worth checking out if you liked the description of LDTTF. It also has a pump track and a nice little banked flowy downhill trail (Wild Turkey).
    Just got back from Russell Mill .I didnt stay out to long had to be home. I followed the blue trail once round and then messed around in the pump track lol . I wouldnt mind going out for a few hours and riding all trails .I would love there to be a good Downhill place closer as i dont have much free time to travel. So i will be doing alot more free riding this year .All in all pretty decent trail and it is a plus for me cause i live like 5 minutes from Russell mill .Literally...

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Glad you enjoyed it. The blue trail is pretty tame compared to the rest. It's mostly a connector trail to get you out to the other trails. The white/red (Wild Turkey) and orange trails are my favorites.

http://www.nemba.org/ridingzone/docu...icTrailMap.pdf

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Russell Mill has a Friday night ride starting at 5:00 PM. Plan to get there at 4:45 and ask for Stuart. He runs the ride each week.

They do a warm up lap for 1 hour and come back to the parking lot at 6:00 to pick up others. On the second part of the ride, they typically ride to Great Brook in Carsile MA from RM. May want to bring your lights, they may get back after 9:00 if you stick around for the whole ride.

Last week there we 13 riders and it is a fairly quick pace.
    2011 stumpjumper fsr comp 29er

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it. The blue trail is pretty tame compared to the rest. It's mostly a connector trail to get you out to the other trails. The white/red (Wild Turkey) and orange trails are my favorites.

http://www.nemba.org/ridingzone/docu...icTrailMap.pdf
    I was checking out the map online definatly intersested in those trails .I will be out again a couple times after work this week. I have to get a few good rides in me i havent rode in a few years. Just riding the blue trail and pump track winded me lol. Use to be able to ride all day ...

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    No.

Members who have read this thread: 0