Any group rides at Borderland Sunday Morning?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Any group rides at Borderland Sunday Morning?

I've never been but have heard good things.

Anyone feel like showing a noob around? I've seen pics of the boulders and rocky trails there and would love to try them out.

Are the trails easy to find? Are they marked well or if I end up going it alone will I get hopelessly lost?

Thanks for any info. If anyone wants to show me around I can ride early Sunday, 9-2-07...say around 9 or 10 am?

mtbr member
    Possibly.

My group hasn't made and definitive plans yet but I'm sure it'll be a toss up between Borderland and Gilbert Hills in Foxboro. We generally head out between 8-9ish.

As far as finding your way around Borderland, it's not too bad. Most trails are pretty well posted at the heads and intersections and you can pick up a trail map at the visitor center before you head in or just print one up now. It's a fairly popular spot so I'm sure that on a Sunday morning there will be others there as well to point you in the right direction. Just one note, when you enter the parking lot be sure to stop at the yellow machine and get your $2 parking ticket.

I'll post where we're riding later tonight once I make plans with the group.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by romar
    Possibly.

My group hasn't made and definitive plans yet but I'm sure it'll be a toss up between Borderland and Gilbert Hills in Foxboro. We generally head out between 8-9ish.

As far as finding your way around Borderland, it's not too bad. Most trails are pretty well posted at the heads and intersections and you can pick up a trail map at the visitor center before you head in or just print one up now. It's a fairly popular spot so I'm sure that on a Sunday morning there will be others there as well to point you in the right direction. Just one note, when you enter the parking lot be sure to stop at the yellow machine and get your $2 parking ticket.

I'll post where we're riding later tonight once I make plans with the group.
    Thanks!! My friends and I were supposed to ride Otis today and Borderland tomorrow (Sunday). But my group of 5 riders got whittled down to just 2 so we decided to hit Borderland today (Saturday) instead. We rode for 3 hours. It was a BLAST. We hit up most of the trails that are on the map, French trail, Ridge, the Nemba trail and the Quarry Loop. Lots and lots of rocks.

I'm flexible for Sunday so post-up when you know where you're going. I'd be willing to go back to Borderland or Foxboro.

We were having too much fun to take many pics, but here's 2

Last edited by chqm8; 09-01-2007 at 01:15 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chqm8

We were having too much fun to take many pics,
    Ain't that always the way!

Glad to see you had fun out there. Borderland is a pretty challenging place to ride. A good place to get beat up.

Anyway, tomorrow we're riding Gilbert Hills in Foxboro @ 8am. We meet at the Megley trail head located a half mile east of Rt 1 on Thurston St.

Members who have read this thread: 0