Another Batchelor St Group Ride!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Another Batchelor St Group Ride!

Hey Everybody,

We have yet another intrepid local stepping up to lead an intermediate level group ride at batchelor St in Grandby, MA.

Kris Wyman will be meeting folks at the Batchelor St Parking lot at 9:00am on Saturday Sept 15-he has a good route picked out to showcase soe of the classic trails there-nice opportunity for thosse looking for folks to ride with or looking to learn the trails better.

Thaanks kris-Saturday morning at the Batch'-what could be better!

mtbr member
    Can a Jersey boy come along? I'll be in Northampton this weekend and was hoping to ride Holyoke Range Saturday and Sunday. 2 or 3 hours of guided riding would be just fantastic.

achiever
    Hey NJ-XC_Justin,

I'm the dude leading the ride and you're more than welcome. It's going to be a pretty mellow paced ride on some fairly technical terrain but not the toughest of what's there. I've got a 7.5 mile loop that should take a couple hours depending on group pace, tire kicking, etc. I'd ride longer and show you some stuff on the other side of the range Sunday but I'm on call for work starting at about noon on Saturday.

Here's a link to a Motionbased page of the ride we'll do: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3894652

And check out this map: http://www.hampshire.edu/cms_html/Holyoke_Range.htm

If you have any questions or need some directions, let me know.

Red

mtbr member
    Looks great! Gotta love the motion-based. Hopefully the weather will be good.

Coming from downtown Northampton, looks like the best route is Bridge St over the river, Bay Rd east a couple miles, south on 116/West St through the Park, bear right on Amherst St and right onto Batchelor.

Psyched for some new trails!

Justin

achiever
    Yep, take Bay to 116 then go through the "Notch", down the hill, bang a left onto Amherst St. then left onto Batch, go past some powerlines and there is a dirt parking lot on your left. You'll see a bunch of cars (hopefully) and I'll be there on an orange Mongoose.

Red

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by redwarrior
    Yep, take Bay to 116 then go through the "Notch", down the hill, bang a left onto Amherst St. then left onto Batch, go past some powerlines and there is a dirt parking lot on your left. You'll see a bunch of cars (hopefully) and I'll be there on an orange Mongoose.

Red
    Fantastic. Justin on a yellow Iron Horse. Hopefully we'll get a good-sized group.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Ahh man, I'd love to go. I'm picking up my new bike on saturday, too bad its not later in the day when I'll have it. Maybe I'll show up on my old hunk, than I'll really apreciate my new ride later in the day.

achiever
    JGlaze,

give your old ride a proper send off and come ride with us!

Red

achiever

Rain

Looks like there is a pretty good chance of rain for Saturday morning. If it's just showery, I'll ride. If it's more of a sustained event, I'll cancel and move the ride to next Saturday 9/22.

If you need to contact me about whether the ride is on or not, I can be reached at 413 454 8423.

Kris

mtbr member
    Dammit dammit dammit dammit. We're leaving for Northampton in a few minutes. I hope the rain passes us by -- I was looking forward to this.

achiever
    Well, it is New England so it may well end up sunny and dry.

Red

achiever
    Rain is real spotty and light and the band of showers should be moving out around the time we start...

Ride on.

Kris

mtbr member
    Kris - Were you there this morning? I got there 10 minutes late and saw a VW with an empty bike rack. I rode for around a half hour but without knowing where I was going (and possessing a pretty lousy sense of direction) I turned around and kept it short. But the park looks like it would be fun. Are you up for tomorrow morning? Maybe 8 or 830am? Let me know, I've got computer access at the hotel - Justin

achiever
    Sorry I missed you Justin... We took off about 5 minutes before you showed. I didn't think anyone else was coming and didn't want to stand around in the rain any longer.

See this thread about tomorrow... http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=338898

Members who have read this thread: 0