Aug 2004

Andover Epic, 11/10 @ 9am

Rain Cancels.

Date: 11/10
    Start: 9am
    123 Old River Rd
    Andover, Ma 01810

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...UTF8&z=16&om=1

Parking: Go past the hotel and park in lot on the north side of the hotel. You will see a sign for the Merrimack River Trail at the far north end of the parking lot.

Description: This ride will follow the BCT starting at Wyndam Hotel (Deer Jump) and riding through Ward Reservation (highest point in the county, 500 or 600 ft) then on and thru Harold Parker State Forest. Just past HP we will turn around and ride back to the start. Lots of singletrack (probably 70%) the remainder is fireroad and a small amount of blacktop. The majority of the blacktop will be within the first ten miles, probably 2 miles of blacktop.

Approximate mileage: 40

Bail outs: The ride crosses various rds and there are plenty of options to either ride the trail back to the start or get on the road. Depending on time and motivation, options can be made to get back without riding the trail.

Pace: Endurance. Everyone will be waited on. If you are a sport rider, then this ride is very doable. Beginners will struggle as the trails have technical sections.

Don't let my MTBR name fool you. I have been called Sandbagger because of my moniker.

Dave Mc

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Right now I have 3 or 4 people going to the ride. Although it looks like its going to rain. We shall see.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    4 people, 36 miles, and a lot of fun. It was cold throughout the day but we had fun.

Members who have read this thread: 0