amazed with B-street- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

amazed with B-street

So I went out for a ride at B-street. I've only been there once before today, and didn't know any trails, so kinda just got lost and didn't have a good time. Well today in the parking lot, I met two guys (sorry i forgot your names ). They were in a maxima? with two cannondales, or maybe one cannondale and one giant? Well anyways, I asked them to point me in the direction of a fun, not too long ride. They told me to go onto IMBA, and then get onto Rollercoaster. I can't say whether that is exactly the trails I rode, but what I can say is whatever trails I did end up riding, were awesome. did some climbing as well as some awesome descents. I had a blast and will now be trying to ride there everyday!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Hard to find a better collection of trails anywhere.

mtbr member
    My favorite is to go u IMBA, then grab PT (pond trail) then go up Jacobs ladder. Then go backwards down Jacobs ladder then roller coaster for the way home... I do this a couple times a week. At some point hopefully I'll be able to do it cleaner than I do it now!
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    haha im sure youre cleaner than i am! haha but ya i try to go there everyday now. I dont know the place at all so im just going to be looping imba and rollercoaster. at least thats what i think im riding :P

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    My favorite is to go u IMBA, then grab PT (pond trail) then go up Jacobs ladder. Then go backwards down Jacobs ladder then roller coaster for the way home... I do this a couple times a week. At some point hopefully I'll be able to do it cleaner than I do it now!
    JL is one of my favs, ridden it many times. A couple of months ago I rode it in reverse heading towards RC for the first time. MUCH harder in that direction.

You guys should start to explore the other trails at B street. Lots of great stuff there. Next time head out of the right side of the parking lot. Start on Entrance Exam for some real uber tech. Its really short, but the hardest trail there. I love finishing a ride on that side bombing down Twister.

mtbr member
    Yeah, JL is REALLY hard the other way!! I did both ways today at 5:15 am!

I also like Far Out; really fun just kinda a pain to get out there. I've explored everything west of Lower Access and some stuff east of Upper Access but not really much in between... I think I will try Twister next time. I tried hitting once before but I got lost!
    “People fear death even more than pain. It's strange that they fear death. Life hurts a lot more than death." JM

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    The upper part of Twister is a bit confussing, to be honest I am not really sure where the trail actually begins.

I short loop I like is Far east ( the first of the 'far' trails, I always mix up the names) to missing persons to lost and found to Twister back to the lot. Then if you want some more IMBA to Pond Trail to Roller Coaster.

mtbr member
    Where is B-Street? I don't see it in the trail reviews section.

mtbr member
    Granby. Batchelor st lot @ mt holyoke state park.
    Quote Originally Posted by connolm View Post
    Where is B-Street? I don't see it in the trail reviews section.
    http://facebook.com/CharlemontTrails
    NEMBA Past President...

mtbr member
    Dude, just rode Twister on the way out tonight... WOOOOOOT!!! All I could do is laugh the whole way down... GREAT TRAIL man. I just gotta figure out a good way to get out there; Technical Trail backwards going up hill sucked.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    I'll share with you my all purpose 'show a new guy around B-street' loop. From the Parking lot, go up upper access to Imba trail. Get on the very beginning of serpentine and make the immediate left UP viper. make the quick left on technical trail and a quick right on Lizard King. From lizard king head over to Upper Access an make left on Twister from high point on upper access. Ride twister all the way to bottom (no lost and found-sorry). At bottom either make hard left to entrance exam or soft left on Better access and then hard left on Far east. Ride Fire East to Missing Persons. You can either ride the whole Missing Persons, Far out, way far out loop (awesome) or just Missing persons. If you just ride Missing Persons, when you exit cross the fire road and immediately climb Lost and Found and make right onto twister and back out to upper access. From there get on Technical trail and make left on Serpent God. Go right on Serpentine (back towards Beaver pond and rock crossings, get on Em's Gem to T-REx and make the left at the end of T-Rex towards Jacob's Ladder. Go Left on Jacob's Ladder (riding it in the Man's direction), at the end make a left and then a quick right on Roller Coaster. Ride roller coaster all the to end, get on Yellow Brick rd and ride back to your car.

Now, if that's not enough for you-your name is probably Adam Craig and you can ride the whole thing again in the reverse direction
    Last edited by SuperbMan; 07-15-2011 at 04:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    That route would put me into the hospital.....is that some sort of B street hazing ritual :-)

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperbMan View Post
    I'll share with you my all purpose 'show a new guy around B-street' loop. From the Parking lot, go up upper access to Imba trail. Get on the very beginning of serpentine and make the immediate left UP viper. make the quick left on technical trail and a quick right on Lizard King. From lizard king head over to Upper Access an make left on Twister from high point on upper access. Ride twister all the way to bottom (no lost and found-sorry). At bottom either make hard left to entrance exam or soft left on Better access and then hard left on Far east. Ride Fire East to Missing Persons. You can either ride the whole Missing Persons, Far out, way far out loop (awesome) or just Missing persons. If you just ride Missing Persons, when you exit cross the fire road and immediately climb Lost and Found and make right onto twister and back out to upper access. From there get on Technical trail and make left on Serpent God. Go right on Serpentine (back towards Beaver pond and rock crossings, get on Em's Gem to T-REx and make the left at the end of T-Rex towards Jacob's Ladder. Go Left on Jacob's Ladder (riding it in the Man's direction), at the end make a left and then a quick right on Roller Coaster. Ride roller coaster all the to end, get on Yellow Brick rd and ride back to your car.

Now, if that's not enough for you-your name is probably Adam Craig and you can ride the whole thing again in the reverse direction

Sounds like a typical Tuesday ride with Scooter, Chaz, Joe & Earl!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    You know, I have a tournament B-Bal game to coach in Belchertown tomorrow, should be over by 11-I think I'll shoot for a 11:30-12:00 ride at B-street tomorrow, anyone want to join me for a good 2 hour jaunt look for me: Blue Van, goatee, bald, distractingly handsome.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Hey Dan, that was me (Mike) on the Cannondale and my uncle Matt on the Giant. Glad you enjoyed the ride! My other personal favorites have been mentioned by others, but very worth trying to get your wheels on. The "Fars" are brutal but awesome on the way "up," and plain old awesomely awesome on the way "down" (Plenty of ups and downs on both, just referring to the general trend). Serpent God is pretty scary, many a flat has interrupted my progress on that beast, but it's super fun. Lizard King is probably my favorite, especially when I clean it once a season, although I've never climbed it. And Jacob's Ladder and Twister never get old. I'd be happy to show you a couple good loops some time, although after many years of occasional riding there, I still tend to get a little lost in a few spots . Good luck exploring!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I am looking to explore more trails there. all i ever do is MN, IA, PT, RC because that what Mike told me to try since i've never been there before. now, ive been riding it for two weeks haha. i wanna expand and learn more of b-street! I try to go riding between 4:30-6pm everyday

mtbr member
    Instead of taking a left while on PT onto RC, take a right and go on JL (Jakes Ladder). That must be the "introduction" loop because I was also stuck on it for 2 weeks!