Abram's Rock - Swansea- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2016

Abram's Rock - Swansea

I took a trip down there today for my first time...place is an absolute blast. It has a whole lot going on that I haven't been able to find in many other trails locally.

I found a teeter-totter, several skinny networks, a few drops, some mild jumps and some really fun single lines.

Many of the trails I've rode in Ma have been a bit lack luster (mostly South Shore), but I had a pretty awesome time here.

Thanks to anyone that has been a part of building and maintaining those lines- I will definitely be a returning customer!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Helmetface View Post
    I took a trip down there today for my first time...place is an absolute blast. It has a whole lot going on that I haven't been able to find in many other trails locally.

I found a teeter-totter, several skinny networks, a few drops, some mild jumps and some really fun single lines.

Many of the trails I've rode in Ma have been a bit lack luster (mostly South Shore), but I had a pretty awesome time here.

Thanks to anyone that has been a part of building and maintaining those lines- I will definitely be a returning customer!
    Definitely sort of a hidden gem. I grew up in Somerset in the late 60s - 70s. Spent a lot of time romping through those woods, fishing in the summer, ice fishing in the winter, finding lines where I could launch my sled off big root drops onto the frozen ponds. Great memories. I've lived in Southern California for the last 28 years or so. I've done a lot of mountain biking in all the New England states during trips back over the years. However, I've never had a chance to ride this trail system that is literally minutes from the neighborhood I grew up in. My wife and I hiked it about a year ago, and all we could do was wish we had our bikes. Like you said, lots of neat stuff out there. Enjoy it! And yes, thanks to the diggers/builders!