Printable View

• 11-12-2007
    fat_weasel
    1 Attachment(s)
    This about sums it up...
    My East Coast experience so far:
  • 11-12-2007
    G-VegasMTBiker
    heh, yea thats a fact of life round these parts....if you can time your turn just right you might not hit.
  • 11-13-2007
    woodsguy
    Those are called pinch points that keep the atvs out.
  • 11-13-2007
    rkj__
    time to bust out the hack saw!
  • 11-13-2007
    aixelsyd
    That picture reminds of that old commercial "cut off the bark and the tree could die"
  • 11-14-2007
    Evil Chocula
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rkj__
    time to bust out the hack saw!

Should I plan on cutting down my wide @ss bars when I move back?
  • 11-14-2007
    Circusjunk
    Yep that can be a Problem in these parts

• 11-14-2007
    mdc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Circusjunk
    Yep that can be a Problem in these parts

Some asshat actually cut down one of the trees in that photo last week......
  • 11-14-2007
    fat_weasel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by woodsguy
    Those are called pinch points that keep the atvs out.

Hey, I never thought of that. Good idea. The trees don't really bug me that much, even with my ridiculous 28" DH bars...only place that's really tough is Earle's.
  • 11-15-2007
    woodsguy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mdc
    Some asshat actually cut down one of the trees in that photo last week......

No way! That sux. I liked flying over those planks and weaving through those trees. You couldn't go straight through but a slight angle and a quick manuver you could get through without losing any speed. What a freaking loser.
  • 11-15-2007
    LIV2RYD
    Are those trees located at Plumbers Landing in Whitinsville? I have rattled thru those many times.
  • 11-16-2007
    mdc
    Quote:

Originally Posted by LIV2RYD
    Are those trees located at Plumbers Landing in Whitinsville? I have rattled thru those many times.

Same trees :-( Not only was that tree cut, but a few of the trickier roots along the TT course were surgically removed as well.
  • 11-16-2007
    smelly
    I dunno, I have a 27" bar and only hit a tree once a year, if that. It's just a matter of angling yourself through them correctly.
    Then again, I've only been to (g)earl's trails twice.
  • 11-16-2007
    SuperbMan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by smelly
    I dunno, I have a 27" bar and only hit a tree once a year, if that. It's just a matter of angling yourself through them correctly.

That's funny btw, smelly--an east side of the Notch throw down.

I will say that while demoing a sinister for a few weeks, it had very wide bars and I hit a few trees-but, after a ride or two-it's nt hard to adjust.
  • 11-16-2007
    fat_weasel
    Quote:

Originally Posted by smelly

Yeah, it's not usually a big issue for me, I just feel bad for the people behind me who have to wait while I wiggle my big-ass bike through the trees. I have more of a problem with catching my elbows and shoulders. Yesterday I clocked an elbow on a tree at B Street and when the bars flipped around, my nuts went straight into the stem. Bad news.
  • 11-19-2007
    JUNGLEKID5
    you think those are tight try raburn in millbury
  • 11-20-2007
    Circusjunk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JUNGLEKID5
    you think those are tight try raburn in millbury

Unfortunately Rayburn isn't as tight as it was 3 -4 years ago either
  • 11-20-2007
    JUNGLEKID5
    true