2011 mass mtb races- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009

2011 mass mtb races

i have been looking around for races in the mass area for mtn biking. i found the three route 66 events that will be in mass and i found one duathalon event that is in mass. i want to hit more races but i just don't enjoy driving 2+ hours to race. do any of you guys know of any other races i may have missed that i could hit up. i thought borderland state park had a race but couldn't find it anywhere. any help/info on any mass area races would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    adam

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Adam,
    There was a race series in greenfeild on monday nights last, not sure about this year should ckeck with the local shops.
    There is a race at U-Mass every year also.
    I race the Root 66 series, you should think about a few of the CT. races also.
    David

mtbr member
    May 2004
    EFTA has a couple.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Also Adam,
    There is a group of mountain bikers in western mass called Western Mass Mountain bikers who get together and just ride all over. You can join the group thru facebook.
    David

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    thanks for the links.... the necs has a one in mass that i might hit up. gotta check out if they do a one day membership kind of thing...

bicycletech, hitting up some ct races might happen i am just really burnt out from driving forever to race mx for 8 years that i really don't want to get my self elbow deep into another commitment like that, i would like to get up at a reasonable time and drive to the race the day of.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    adam,
    at all of the root 66 races you can buy a one day racing licence. it is usual 3-5 bucks. any race that has a USA cycling permit # you can buy a day licence.
    David

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    what about the borderland race. i could have sworn one of my buddies said he had a race there last year but i can't find any info on a past race or one for this year..

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Hey not sure about that race, root 66 has not raced there that i know of. the first race this year is april 2 in hop brook ct. a fun race to start the season.

mtbr member
    There was a race at Massasoit State Park last April, the owner of the LBS who sponsored it told me it's happening again this year. I'll post the info once I find out for sure.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    The Massasoit race is april 23 this year,2nd race in the root 66 series, that is fun race i have done the past 2 years.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Could you be thinking of Wompatuck not Borderland? Landmine classic is in Sept. Root66.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    landmine is the final race this year. massasoit is 2nd it is in east taunton ma.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycletech
    the first race this year is april 2 in hop brook ct. a fun race to start the season.
    FYI to all reading this, Hop Brook Dam is not being held this year; the Army Corps. (manage the land that the race is held on) is scheduled to conduct a 10yr review of the dam on the site and therefore the race will not be held. The Root 66 site has been updated to reflect this.

First Root 66 race will be Winding Trails on 04/17. First EFTA race will be Burlingame TT on 04/03.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    anybody got a map of one of the past races at massasoit. not looking for the trail map but maybe one of those gps maps of someone who did the race in the past couple years. makes it a little funnier when you have a set course you wanna hit up.

thanks,
    adam

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    road at massasoit today and ended up riding with three other guys who did the race last year and we road the loop from last year and they seem to think since it is the same mileage it will be the exact same loop. i used the gps on my iphone to track it not sure how to post it but if someone wants it pm me and i will try my best to get it to you.

Members who have read this thread: 0