do you know the company that makes Marin frames?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2017

do you know the company that makes Marin frames?

I have a Nail Trail. I like it. And may get a full suspension Marin. But before I jump to this price, I wanted to know who manufactures their frames. If I can't verify the quality of manufacturer then I will just go with a Giant even though I will pay more.

mtbr member
    I don't know who manufacturers their frames, but I've owned 6 Marin bikes and never had an issue with frame build quality.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Co Springs
    IMO, Marin is on a bit of streak with good reviews and press specifically in the fs market and bang for the buck. That may be focused more in the sub $3000 range but as always, compare and shop given budget to see what else.... I have a Marin h/t as my newer bike and I suspect it's the same for many mfgs..... They source the builds over seas and monitor QC with their own staff or oversight. Problems inherent with these big names would be news like blood in the water if the case.
    bachman must spread some Reputation around before giving it to himself again. :madman:

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by mr cheapy View Post
    I have a Nail Trail. I like it. And may get a full suspension Marin. But before I jump to this price, I wanted to know who manufactures their frames. If I can't verify the quality of manufacturer then I will just go with a Giant even though I will pay more.
    You didnt list your budget, which wouldve been helpfull...but if its ~$1500 it's hard to beat the Hawk Hill or Stance.
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

Cycologist
    Marin: * [Marin is] a California company with production from Asia, except for a handful of high*end models. Marin is a very small company similar in size to Kona. Key Asian suppliers are A*Pro, Fairly, and Sunrise.

from 2013

https://aushiker.com/where-was-my-bicycle-made/
    This post is a natural product. Variances in spelling & grammar should be appreciated as part of its character & beauty.

mtbr member
    My 2020 RZ3 says Made in Indonesia on it.

Co Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    Marin: * [Marin is] a California company with production from Asia, except for a handful of high*end models. Marin is a very small company similar in size to Kona. Key Asian suppliers are A*Pro, Fairly, and Sunrise.

from 2013

https://aushiker.com/where-was-my-bicycle-made/
    Great link, thanks for digging it up chaz !

I recall and funny video that was a few guys going to Taiwan with bags of money to start up a bike company. It started kind of tongue-in-cheek but turned into a short and descriptive video of how it all comes together. You meet with the prospective mfg/s and they demo frame styles, colors, logos, group-sets, their production facilities etc... You pick everything out and have your folks oversee the process and QC.
    Your name or what you choose is on the bike with colors and graphics to your design.
    bachman must spread some Reputation around before giving it to himself again. :madman:

NedwannaB
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
    I don't know who manufacturers their frames, but I've owned 6 Marin bikes and never had an issue with frame build quality.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    PT Insera Sena. They also make Polygon.
    Wait whuuut, who did he tell you that!?!?....

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Marin, Polygon, GT, are being manufacture in same factory.

In one of Polygon's video, there's a GT truck in the factory. Lolz..

But that's ok, they are good bikes. I own 2 Marin and will buy more in the future.

Sent from my ASUS_X00QD using Tapatalk