Attack Trail XT9 or XT8- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Attack Trail XT9 or XT8

So looking at getting one of these for enduro
    But I cannot see anyone who has had real life time with one only magazine tests
    Anyone on here got some time on one preferable own on and can shed some light?
    Cheers
    mike

I ride bikes
    I have a lot of time one a mount vision with quad link 3 and I can say that it is pretty fantastic. It has one of the best pedaling efficiency if you run a 32t single ring setup out of any bike I have seen. It also has a great leverage ratio that allows you to run a higher sag to soak up hits without worrying about blowing through the travel.
    Marin Attack Trail 2014 - Linkage Design

mtbr member
    Thanks for that
    I had seen those reviews was really looking for someone with some real life time experience with the bike

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by I Like Dirt View Post
    Thanks for that
    I had seen those reviews was really looking for someone with some real life time experience with the bike
    If you do not mind a noob sharing here's my 5cents with just 1 ride.
    Previous bike history (Heckler,Bottle Rocket, DH)
    If you have sufficient funds go all the way up the XT chart. Unless you are a heavy bloke like me who still worries about carbon beneath an elephant.. then alloy.

Again, I did have a budget constraint. (XT8 was my choice)

Here's how I would break it down model across the range.
    Top end value for money considering full carbon + Parts + Fox with piggyback
    Low end bang for buck, rear carbon, upgradable options which makes it fun to plan your upgrades.

Current cons-
    I need to upgrade the rear shock soon as its really a tad too firm due to high psi per weight range for me. I would agree with the reviewer on bikemag. Im looking for a CCDB air soon..

QUOTE:
    However, right off the bat, Id suggest going with either the Float X rear shock or a Monarch Plus. Im running between 30 and 35 percent sag in this stock Monarch shock (paired with low tire pressures) and Im still not entirely pleased with the suspension while riding root sections and baby heads. Well see, Ill keep fiddling with the rear shock.

The bars are awkwardly small for me and I would need to plan for a bigger bar...

Do let me know more about what are you looking at and how I can help share my thoughts.

I love how this bike handles. We have no massive DH tracks here and this makes it ideal for our technical trails. I've so far not managed to bottom out the bike as per reviews by others. Then again that could be due to the type of tracks we have here.

Hell it climbs comparing to my DH, so its a plus point for me now.

Please tell me more what comments are you looking for?

Ohh! here's a quick pic!
    Attack Trail XT9 or XT8-img_2598-copy.jpg

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info mate
    I'm actually looking at it for my son to start some enduro racing events here in Australia
    He's 6'1" and weighs 65kg got some great skills
    So really just wanting to know how it would go for enduro racing as well as any other general issues.
    I'm pretty sure we will swap out the bars
    The spec on the xt9 looks awesome to me although I don't know much about the crankset
    The wheel set on the xt8 does not look too good as well as the shock which you have already mentioned

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hey bud, yeah with a budget to fit and owning another 2 bikes, its not really something I want to commit double price on for top range.

The wheelset is good though. Although not a highend brand. its stiff and have not given me any play. Hubs engagement is good, not irritatingly loud like hope. (i pray i do not offend hope fans)

Im sorry! In the anxiety to ride i did not remove the ugly reflectors! They have since been removed! (i swear!)
    The XT9 is unfortunately not available here. We have the top end which is double the price!

the E13 crankset on the XT9 is quite a popular model. I wont worry about that. The SRAM on XT8 wont even bend with my weight

The front end of the bike pops really easy. Im gaining confidence in the bike after about 30mins and believe that i can push it more...

mtbr member
    Thanks for your input
    Enjoy your bike
    Cheers