Attack Trail Bos setup- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Attack Trail Bos setup

Hey!

I am the proud new owner of an Attack Trail Pro with BOS front and rear.

Just curious to hear some set up tips. I followed the recommended set up for both front and rear, but found it bit harsh. I backed off the HSC settings on the rear, and adjusted sag on the front and it improved things, but still not totally satisfied.

Any tips? I understand the QUAD3 to be a bit more progressive design, with good antisquat, thus requiring less HSC.

Thanks for any feedback!
    -Mike

mtbr member
    To help you attempt the same, it’s equipped with the BOS Deville RaRe (Race Ready) fork, which gets that brand’s DH fork’s FCV (frequency control valve) that controls the forces coming from the ground versus the rider, letting it soak up the little stuff quickly while still resisting the weight of the rider when pushing it into the corners.
    It also gets a different air spring that gets a very different spring curve to put more support early in the stroke, but the compression damping circuit has a different hydraulic piston and shims for quicker response. All three of those features come together to make it a more race-oriented fork that likes hitting things at a higher speed.

The BOS rep said it’ll still work fine for normal riding, it just won’t be quite as plush as their standard Deville.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanks for the reply! I definitely notice a different feel to the fork over all than the Pike and 36 I've ridden in the last couple seasons. I am racing the bike, so appreciate the performance tune towards that.

I love the LSC support this fork has compared to the Pike and 36. I cant wait to get it into some really hairy situations.

Thanks again!
    -Mike