2020 Rift Zone Details and Hawk Hill 3 Color - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Super fast and easy. The bleeding on these calipers is awesome. I will ride them tomorrow evening.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeno View Post
    I really like the feel of my SLX levers on my Pine Mountain and when I had my Mount Vision. I wanted to get a set of the M7120 SLX four pistion brakes, but they were almost $400 for the set.

Funny, I had the same idea. I really dislike the long flimsy 401 levers. I prefer a short lever optimized for 1 finger. I was first looking at a complete set of zees for 240. Then I read the same article and decided just to order SLX levers. I'm waiting for mine to come on a slow boat from china. Paid $64 for the set.

As for the 420 brakes themselves, I was super unimpressed with them initially, but they were much better after a bleed and resurface of the pads. According to Shimano's website they are 10% less powerful compared to the 520. If I had to guess, I would assume the difference is the stiffness of the caliper body. The pistons themselves have the same surface area as all the 4 piston Shimano brakes. Moving up from the resin pads should also make a noticeable difference.
    Last edited by Desertride; 05-03-2020 at 07:47 AM.

mtbr member
    I really like the feel of my SLX levers on my Pine Mountain and when I had my Mount Vision. I wanted to get a set of the M7120 SLX four pistion brakes, but they were almost $400 for the set.

I read this article and found that the Deore M6000 and MT501 levers were the same, and that the guy in the article had swapped out the levers to different Shimano brakes. https://www.bikemag.com/gear/tested-...145-per-brake/

It got me to thinking that maybe I could just get levers, so I started looking. On WWC, I found SLX levers for $42/ea and MT501 for $40/ea. I found M6000 levers $27/ea at Universal Cycles. https://www.universalcycles.com/shop...s.php?id=94565

Deore/SLX/XT levers are pretty much identical with SLX adding tool-free reach and XT adding Free Stroke. I've never felt the need to adjust free stroke and once the reach is adjusted they are pretty much set. I figured the 501/6000 levers would be ideal.

So, for about $60 vs $400 I can have SLX feeling levers with Four Piston power, well that's the plan anyways. We'll see how they do once I get them installed and test them out.

Side note, it's interesting that the DEORE lever is less expensive than the no series 501 levers even though they are identical minus the labeling on the reservoir.
    Any update on the SLX lever experiment?

mtbr member
    Super fast and easy. The bleeding on these calipers is awesome. I will ride them tomorrow evening.

How is the braking with these new levers? My rear brake line is already too short so if I went with new levers Iíd definitely need at least one new brake hose.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by noosa2 View Post
    Any update on the SLX lever experiment?
    They are working great. The power is still there. I don't know if it's the lever or if it's my familiarity with the Deore/SLX/XT levers, but the modulation seems way better. The old levers seemed very on/off. With the new levers I almost forget about them and am able just flow and nonhave to constantly think about how I'm going to engage my brakes all the time. I'm loving the switch.

mtbr member
    They are working great. The power is still there. I don't know if it's the lever or if it's my familiarity with the Deore/SLX/XT levers, but the modulation seems way better. The old levers seemed very on/off. With the new levers I almost forget about them and am able just flow and nonhave to constantly think about how I'm going to engage my brakes all the time. I'm loving the switch.

Awesome Thanks for the update.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by willmbrk View Post
    The Z2 was rattling when I bounced the front end. I thought it might have been a brake cable bouncing off the fork. Turns out the seals were the issue.
    Just got my Z2 back from fox due to the same issue. They said the bushings were bad and their solution was to replaced the lowers, axle and, seals. I put the fork back on my RZ3 and went for a quick spin around the neighborhood. Most of the vibration and rattle is gone. Unfortunately the rebound no longer seems to work. Before I sent the Z2 to Fox rebound could be set anywhere from super slow to very fast. Now I cannot tell the difference no matter what setting the rebound is in...

mtbr member

I had a right hand (rear for me) XT lever from an old bike so I installed it today. Iím interested to see how it feels out on the trail. If it is an improvement Iíll order a matching lever for the front.

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    sorry i'm coming in here. can someone guide me to find the manufacturer's manual for marin 2008 full suspension . I will change the back suspension .how strong the screws are? "Nm"
    my English is mediocre

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    What percentage of sag are any of you running on the rift zone? Enduro mag just reviewed the HH3 and commented on the shock running better at 25% sag rather than the 30 suggested by Marin. I plan on trying it later this week

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by vicjoe View Post
    Anybody experiment with increasing the front fork to 140mm travel? I have the Marzocchi Z2 on the RZ3.
    This ^^^

agu
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveHead View Post
    This ^^^
    I put a 140mm Fox Rhythm 34, with 44mm offset. Way better then the Recon it replaced. Front end is more composed and actually a better match for the basic X-Fusion rear shock.

My bike is a Rift Zone 1 but I transferred a lot of parts over.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020 Rift Zone Details and Hawk Hill 3 Color-img_20200308_094418-edited.jpg  

mtbr member
    The Bomber Z2 uses the same airspring as the Fox34. You can get a 140mm for pretty cheap and quickly and easily to the swap.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/review...mpressive.html

https://www.jensonusa.com/Fox-34-Flo...-Assembly-2019

mtbr member
    Just got my Z2 back from fox due to the same issue. They said the bushings were bad and their solution was to replaced the lowers, axle and, seals. I put the fork back on my RZ3 and went for a quick spin around the neighborhood. Most of the vibration and rattle is gone. Unfortunately the rebound no longer seems to work. Before I sent the Z2 to Fox rebound could be set anywhere from super slow to very fast. Now I cannot tell the difference no matter what setting the rebound is in...
    Well, after 3 rides on the fixed Z2 the slop/rattle/vibration was back. So back to Fox it went. Fox called on Monday and said that the bad bushings had caused the CSU to be damaged. They said that since they were having lots of bushing problems with the Z2s they would replace the fork with a Fox 34. The Fox 34 arrived yesterday.

mtbr member
    Well, after 3 rides on the fixed Z2 the slop/rattle/vibration was back. So back to Fox it went. Fox called on Monday and said that the bad bushings had caused the CSU to be damaged. They said that since they were having lots of bushing problems with the Z2s they would replace the fork with a Fox 34. The Fox 34 arrived yesterday.
    Did you get the 34 Performance or Performance Elite?

mtbr member
    Did you get the 34 Performance or Performance Elite?
    They sent the performance elite. Got it mounted up Sunday and had a quick ride before work yesterday. Seems like a decent fork and Iíll play around with the settings and volume spacers after I hit a few different trails.

mtbr member
    They sent the performance elite. Got it mounted up Sunday and had a quick ride before work yesterday. Seems like a decent fork and Iíll play around with the settings and volume spacers after I hit a few different trails.
    Nice, I was figuring they would send the lower end model but you got a nice upgrade!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Sunrace cassette PSA

Has anyone else been offered a free cassette replacement? I brought my RZ3 in for shifting issues and the tech told me they were doing free replacements of the original sunrace 11-50T cassette with a newer 11-51T design.

In fact, if you look on the sunrace website, the CSMZ80 is no longer there and the CSMZ90 (same design with alloy carrier and upper sprockets) now explicitly states "not compatible with Shimanoģ 12spd Derailleurs"!

Well, that would explain things... I'm glad they finally noticed. It hasn't come in yet, but I assume the replacement will be the CSMZ600 - Listed at 689g.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertride View Post
    Has anyone else been offered a free cassette replacement? I brought my RZ3 in for shifting issues and the tech told me they were doing free replacements of the original sunrace 11-50T cassette with a newer 11-51T design.

In fact, if you look on the sunrace website, the CSMZ80 is no longer there and the CSMZ90 (same design with alloy carrier and upper sprockets) now explicitly states "not compatible with Shimanoģ 12spd Derailleurs"!

Well, that would explain things... I'm glad they finally noticed. It hasn't come in yet, but I assume the replacement will be the CSMZ600 - Listed at 689g.
    Thatís interesting. Iíve had great experiences with the 11 speed sunrace cassettes Iíve used but this drivetrain has been tough to setup. I figured it was just 12 speeds were a bit trickier than 11 speeds.

mtbr member
    Thatís interesting. Iíve had great experiences with the 11 speed sunrace cassettes Iíve used but this drivetrain has been tough to setup. I figured it was just 12 speeds were a bit trickier than 11 speeds.
    I reached out to Marin and they said ď Unfortunately, this compatibility issue is something we found out about just a couple of weeks ago: Essentially there was an assembly spec error at our factory and we have replacements currently in transit that have the correct cog spacing for Shimano 12-speed drivetrains.ĒThey directed me to contact the shop where I purchased the RZ3 to let them start the process of getting a replacement for me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    by correct cog spacing it sounds like the distance between cogs rather than the jump in the number of teeth. It is quite surprising that this differs between Sram and Shimano. In the past cog spacing had been consistent between brands.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Also noticing a quick search of the KMC X12 chain that comes on the RZ3 and up is clearly stated as only being compatible with SRAM, which these bikes are not specced with.

Crashes with Trees
    Jun 2020

Purchased an RZ3 yesterday from GovVelo.com. Concerned about getting the correct cassette after reading your post. Any recommendations about contacting GovVelo to make sure the bike gets the correct for Shimano 11-51T, or do I need to wait to receive and then file a claim.. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Also noticing a quick search of the KMC X12 chain that comes on the RZ3 and up is clearly stated as only being compatible with SRAM, which these bikes are not specced with.
    I have the stock chain with an XT 10-51 cassette and SLX 12 speed derailleur. It runs buttery smooth with zero shifting issues.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Shifting is much improved with the new cassette, and it does appear to be the CMZ600 which is all steel cogs with an alloy carrier. A bit lighter than the original. Kudos to Marin for taking care of this oversight.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I have the stock chain with an XT 10-51 cassette and SLX 12 speed derailleur. It runs buttery smooth with zero shifting issues.

this is interesting, i swapped to an xt cassette as well and had to go to an xt chain to get everything to work. with the stock kmc chain my bike would not backpedal at all without throwing the chain, going to an xt chain took care of this issue and improved shifting as well.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lolaralph View Post
    this is interesting, i swapped to an xt cassette as well and had to go to an xt chain to get everything to work. with the stock kmc chain my bike would not backpedal at all without throwing the chain, going to an xt chain took care of this issue and improved shifting as well.
    My bike backpedals fine, except for the 51 gear.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    My bike backpedals fine, except for the 51 gear.

I tried everything, readjusting the chainline, fiddling with the derailleur, it took an XT chain in my case. Glad it worked out for you, I hated tossing a basically new KMC chain into the parts bin

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    On the old cassette it would drop the chain down instantly with any backpedal on 50. On the replacement I can backpedal slowly on 51 without it dropping but more quickly it will be begin to drop it down. Still using a KMC chain, but the the new Deore 6100 out I picked up a chain for about $20. Maybe I'll try it at some point, but will probably wait till I upgrade the cassette and hub to shimano.

Correction that the new Cassette is the CSMZ800 - 648g.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The cassette issue seems to have been known for some time. Shimano uses a narrower spacing, which would also point to the KMC chain not being ideal. https://forums.mtbr.com/drivetrain-s...t-1121039.html

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Well I got lucky and snagged a 2020 Rift Zone 3. I put together a first impressions video if anyone is interested in watching. I'll be doing a long term review also......Taking it to Downieville and see how it does.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by meSSican View Post
    Well I got lucky and snagged a 2020 Rift Zone 3. I put together a first impressions video if anyone is interested in watching. I'll be doing a long term review also......Taking it to Downieville and see how it does.

That downhill looks like fun.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    We have some great trails locally for sure. Unfortunately the ride in the video was cut short due to my flat (and not being prepared lol) so my favorite black diamond trail missed the cut. This bike is pretty awesome especially at the price.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Thought fellow/prospective owners might be interested in some updates and thoughts after owning this bike for a few months.

-I really think the stock drivetrain is a weak spot on this bike. Unlike Sram which will only sell complete drivetrains to oem, Shimano allows them to mix and match. However, the heart of the new Shimano 12 speed system is the cassette and chain, so just having a shifter and derailleur is a bad idea. The problem is that Shimano stupidly was very stingy on licensing the micro spline freehub body. Since that has loosened I'm guessing that in 2021 we'll see the RZ 3 with a shimano M6100 cassette.

- Maxxis DHF/Dissector - working as expected. Very good combo for loose and dusty conditions. I never really considered staying with the stock tires and my LBS was nice enough to upgrade them from the get go for half price.

- I'm very particular on cockpit feel and the stock levers didn't work well for one finger braking. SLX M7100 Brake levers are a huge improvement for me. You can get the band clampp shifter in a decent position but I've ordered an i-spec xt to go with them.

-The replacement 11-51 cassette that Marin provided works better but I was hoping to change to a shimano chain for some incremental benefit before a new cassette and hub arrive and I have time to relace the wheel. Unfortunately I discovered that the fifty-fifty n/w chainring I'm running with my old carbon cranks is not compatible. I've already ordered an XT hub and SLX cassette, so I'm going to wait until those come in and swap out everything together.

Finally, the paint is a bit delicate on this bike, so I finally made a downtube protector from kydex.

2020 Rift Zone Details and Hawk Hill 3 Color-img_20200624_204045.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    Thought fellow/prospective owners might be interested in some updates and thoughts after owning this bike for a few months.

-I really think the stock drivetrain is a weak spot on this bike. Unlike Sram which will only sell complete drivetrains to oem, Shimano allows them to mix and match. However, the heart of the new Shimano 12 speed system is the cassette and chain, so just having a shifter and derailleur is a bad idea. The problem is that Shimano stupidly was very stingy on licensing the micro spline freehub body. Since that has loosened I'm guessing that in 2021 we'll see the RZ 3 with a shimano M6100 cassette.

- Maxxis DHF/Dissector - working as expected. Very good combo for loose and dusty conditions. I never really considered staying with the stock tires and my LBS was nice enough to upgrade them from the get go for half price.

- I'm very particular on cockpit feel and the stock levers didn't work well for one finger braking. SLX M7100 Brake levers are a huge improvement for me. You can get the band clampp shifter in a decent position but I've ordered an i-spec xt to go with them.

-The replacement 11-51 cassette that Marin provided works better but I was hoping to change to a shimano chain for some incremental benefit before a new cassette and hub arrive and I have time to relace the wheel. Unfortunately I discovered that the fifty-fifty n/w chainring I'm running with my old carbon cranks is not compatible. I've already ordered an XT hub and SLX cassette, so I'm going to wait until those come in and swap out everything together.

Finally, the paint is a bit delicate on this bike, so I finally made a downtube protector from kydex.

My experience mirrors a lot of what you've said. I used the stock rear wheel and cassette on my Wahoo Kickr for training and the drivetrain was louder than it should have been while being very finicky, especially with the slightest backpedal. I've since been riding on an XT hub, XT Cassette and XTR chain. The difference is night and day!

Similar issues with brake lever feel as well. I have SLX M7120 brakes on my hardtail and I much prefer the single finger pull. Using two fingers to brake for an extended period of time really put a hurting on my wrists and forearms.

I decided that I'm going to put the bike back to the stock configuration and sell. I'm moving to a bike with more travel and a spec level I don't have to mess with.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    Hi Guys.
    I have a HH2 that came with the Sram SX eagle drivetrain. But the SX derailleur was giving me so many problems that I ended up getting a SLX derailleur and XT shifter. It works alright on my sram cassette, but not as smooth as it should. Still better than the SX.

What would be my best option?
    I'm thinking of getting the Sunrace CSMZ903 and a Wolf tooth direct mount chain ring that is compatible with the Shimano chain and Sram cranks.

I also see some deals for Shimano crankset, but then I would need a new bottom bracket. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by phatcheeks View Post
    Hi Guys.
    I have a HH2 that came with the Sram SX eagle drivetrain. But the SX derailleur was giving me so many problems that I ended up getting a SLX derailleur and XT shifter. It works alright on my sram cassette, but not as smooth as it should. Still better than the SX.

What would be my best option?
    I'm thinking of getting the Sunrace CSMZ903 and a Wolf tooth direct mount chain ring that is compatible with the Shimano chain and Sram cranks.

I also see some deals for Shimano crankset, but then I would need a new bottom bracket. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    I think that's a reasonable way to go at this point. No need to replace the cranks. However, I'm wondering why you didn't just get a GX derailleur and try to get the sram stuff sorted.
    Last edited by Desertride; 06-28-2020 at 01:18 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2020
    I think that's a reasonable way to go at this point. No need to replace the cracks. However, I'm wondering why you didn't just get a GX derailleur and try to get the sram stuff sorted.
    Looking back I probably should of gone that route. But I thought the Derailleur would be compatible with Sram cassettes. But after further research that seems not to be the case.
    Plus the Shimano is cheaper and I think I prefer Shimano over Sram now because of mine and others experience with the SX drivetrain.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Local trails are great with a mix of just about everything. Great testing area for bikes. the RZ is proving to be very capable for it's travel.

Crashes with Trees
    Jun 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmaster1029 View Post
    You're right, and I did end up figuring that out, fortunately. And the good thing is that the stock spokes were within spec to reuse. So I finally got it all together today and now I've got full SLX.

DSC_3863 by Willie D, on Flickr

DSC_3865 by Willie D, on Flickr
    How has this been working for you? I received my RZ3 last week, and have been struggling setting up the shifting. Mostly have issues through the center cogs, like most others on here. Also have what sounds like bearing "growl" from freewheel. Not exactly what I was hoping for when I chose to go with Marin...

I am frustrated enough that I'm willing to purchase the remaining SLX components to go all in with SLX, too.

Thank you for any insight!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    MB action update review of the RZ3:

https://mbaction.com/mountain-bike-a...om-trail-bike/

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quick question: does everyone with a RZ3 have the same tuning code (DY2P) or was the tune changed at some point?

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    My December '19 bike is DY2P as well. Size Large

Crashes with Trees
    Jun 2020
    May 2020 RZ3, same shock code = DY2P

Columbus, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by dcrossphoto View Post
    How has this been working for you? I received my RZ3 last week, and have been struggling setting up the shifting. Mostly have issues through the center cogs, like most others on here. Also have what sounds like bearing "growl" from freewheel. Not exactly what I was hoping for when I chose to go with Marin...

I am frustrated enough that I'm willing to purchase the remaining SLX components to go all in with SLX, too.

It's definitely improved things. I think my derailleur cage (not the hanger) may actually be bent a little so I think it's probably not shifting quite as well as it could, but it's shifting fine. The chain also doesn't fall down the cassette nearly as easily when backing up. And the hub has better engagement than the stock one so that's nice.

mtbr member

Check the B screw. Make sure the derailleur is close to the cassette without touching. Adjusting mine in closer helped crisp up the shifting.

Crashes with Trees
    Jun 2020
    Thank you guys for the replies. I adjusted the b screw based on this and another thread. Took it down to where the Shimano line on gauge is 1/3 of the way covering the 50T teeth. Still hunts a bit for next cog, up and down. It's better, but I guess I assumed a new bike would shift fairly smooth. I believ the spec from Marin is incorrect. Based on some other threads and the Sunrace website, the 11-50 is designed for SRAM, and I need to have the 11-51T for my Shimano SLX derailleur/shifter.

Not sure if I should ask for the correct Sunrace cassette (warranty) from GovVelo/Marin, or just buy the components I want; SLX cassette, hub, and chain (and I guess cranks, too...)

Thanks again for the responses!

mtbr member
    Thank you guys for the replies. I adjusted the b screw based on this and another thread. Took it down to where the Shimano line on gauge is 1/3 of the way covering the 50T teeth. Still hunts a bit for next cog, up and down. It's better, but I guess I assumed a new bike would shift fairly smooth. I believ the spec from Marin is incorrect. Based on some other threads and the Sunrace website, the 11-50 is designed for SRAM, and I need to have the 11-51T for my Shimano SLX derailleur/shifter.

Not sure if I should ask for the correct Sunrace cassette (warranty) from GovVelo/Marin, or just buy the components I want; SLX cassette, hub, and chain (and I guess cranks, too...)

Thanks again for the responses!
    I'd start with Marin to see if they can get you the new 11-51 Sunrace cassette. If they don't, then I'd just bite the bullet and get a new hub and slx cassette of the shifting is really driving you crazy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2020
    2021 Hawk Hill Colors and Specs are on the website. Nothing else new at this point. I was really hoping for an updated Alpine Trail.

Columbus, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by areeves08 View Post
    2021 Hawk Hill Colors and Specs are on the website. Nothing else new at this point. I was really hoping for an updated Alpine Trail.
    I'm glad and not surprised to see they now have it with an SLX cassette, though for some reason they still have a KMC chain. The tire choice is an odd one, though. Once again they went with rather aggressive, slow rolling tires (Maxxis Assegais). The color scheme on the HH3 is kinda boring even if it does look nice. Nice spec for the price, though.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I was pretty certain as well that the 2021 '3' build bikes have shimano cassettes now. Even better is at the '2' level where they switched to Deore 12 speed. That makes it a really attractive bike for under 2k.

Crashes with Trees
    Jun 2020

2021 Rift Zone colors

Some links in this thread showing RZ1 and RZ2 colors/spec. RZ3 and carbon models haven't been updated.

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listc...0888&pagenum=3

Columbus, GA
    Although maybe not as fun looking I'm liking the paint scheme on the RZ2.

Crashes with Trees
    Jun 2020
    I agree, the RZ2 looks good. I do prefer it to the red. 2020 RZ1 looks better, and I'm interested to see what they do with the 3...
    2020 Marin Rift Zone 3
    2002 Ellsworth Truth

Crashes with Trees
    Jun 2020
    I'd start with Marin to see if they can get you the new 11-51 Sunrace cassette. If they don't, then I'd just bite the bullet and get a new hub and slx cassette of the shifting is really driving you crazy.

Contacted Marin and GovVelo this morning. GovVelo will submit the claim and try to get the correct 11-51T cassette ASAP. They have done a great job so far with assistance.

I need to find a different LBS as the one I normally use isn't a fan of Marin... The reason I ordered online.

Thanks again for the recommendations!
    2020 Marin Rift Zone 3
    2002 Ellsworth Truth

mtbr member
    On the old cassette it would drop the chain down instantly with any backpedal on 50. On the replacement I can backpedal slowly on 51 without it dropping but more quickly it will be begin to drop it down. Still using a KMC chain, but the the new Deore 6100 out I picked up a chain for about $20. Maybe I'll try it at some point, but will probably wait till I upgrade the cassette and hub to shimano.

Correction that the new Cassette is the CSMZ800 - 648g.
    The new warranty cassette (sunrace 11-51) arrived yesterday and I went for a ride today. The RZ3 now shifts flawlessly. I can also backpedal in granny (51t) without dropping a chain.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Yes go for the larger spacer. I'm 225lbs on a size large with the .95 spacer and it rides great. Just be sure to measure your rear sag especially as air charts provided by Marin and Fox didn't get me to correct sag. I ended up needing about 260 psi to achieve 30% not the 240 they recommended.
    Are you using the DPS or DPX2?
    Looking at this chart it claims that the .8 and .95 won't fit into a 50/210 LV DPS

https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=568

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Are you using the DPS or DPX2?
    Looking at this chart it claims that the .8 and .95 won't fit into a 50/210 LV DPS

https://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=568
    I'm seeing that it won't fit on the SV but will fit on the LV. Maybe I'm missing something. But mine definitely fits. You're looking at the column that starts with the length of 185(T)210? If so you were looking at the SV not the LV. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I'm seeing that it won't fit on the SV but will fit on the LV. Maybe I'm missing something. But mine definitely fits. You're looking at the column that starts with the length of 185(T)210? If so you were looking at the SV not the LV. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong
    No, you're right, I was reading across on a small screen and messed it up. Thanks for the correction.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    2020 Rift Zone Details and Hawk Hill 3 Color-img_5284.jpg
    2020 Rift Zone Details and Hawk Hill 3 Color-img_5286.jpg

Crashes with Trees
    Jun 2020
    The new warranty cassette (sunrace 11-51) arrived yesterday and I went for a ride today. The RZ3 now shifts flawlessly. I can also backpedal in granny (51t) without dropping a chain.

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear the new cassette is working well. Hoping to have similar luck. My online shop still thinks the CSMZ80 11-50T is the correct one.... Waiting on decision from Marin.
    2020 Marin Rift Zone 3
    2002 Ellsworth Truth

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I just noticed that the 2021 range have a nice ribbed chainstay protector. I wonder if they will sell them separately.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12