2019 alpine trail- Mtbr.com
    No Reputation!

2019 alpine trail

Looks like a great bike! Anybody know when they will be available? Also...weight? And pedal-ability? Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    ETA to Canada is October'ish. Not sure about the US.

Not sure about weights yet, but pedal-ability should be good, based on my experiences with the Hawk Hill. On all but the smoothest climbs, you'll be able to leave it wide open.

Marin has done a great job with the kinematics on this design.

No Reputation!
    It sure looks like well thought out bike and a good value too. I'm hoping for sub 33#s!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Oh that'll be easy to achieve. A friend of mine built up a B17 2 with similar, marginally better specs, and it was just a smidge over 30lbs with pedals...

Marin builds their frames light, but strong.

mtbr member
    ARGH! When will it hit stores in the southeast? I sent Marin an email, but have not received a response yet. The local bike shop (Performance Bike) said they are not in stock yet and did not know when they would be in stores.
    “NICE ASS!”

-Sheriff Buford T. Justice

No Reputation!
    If they are going to have a lot of pre-release hype, they should put a hard date on when they're available. A date that they are sure to be able to hit. Then if they can move them out sooner, all the better. Customers are fired up and happy.

This "big tease over the summer" then an information blackout on when they'll ship is a bit irritating. Customers are like WTF?

Just a little customer service tip!

mtbr member
    Well, speak of the devil..........I got my response from Marin. EARLY 2019 they should be hitting stores.🤦*♂️. Thanks for the headsup fast! A tease indeed!
    “NICE ASS!”

mtbr member
    Ah, I was wondering why there wasn't more posts about this bike as the geometry numbers are spot on and this should be an AMAZING bike for the price! I predict this bike will put Marin back on the map of relevance!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

No Reputation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman086 View Post
    Ah, I was wondering why there wasn't more posts about this bike as the geometry numbers are spot on and this should be an AMAZING bike for the price! I predict this bike will put Marin back on the map of relevance!

Have FUN!

G MAN
    There sure is a demand for a bike like this for under $5000, I'm looking forward to it too!

mtbr member
    2019 alpine trail-f00534d6-f781-4843-8908-a5b3e2d6baca.jpg

I was concerned about the price increases coming to the bike industry because of the increased tariffs on bikes/bike parts, but apparently Marin moved their manufacturing operations to Indonesia about 5 years ago. I am assuming this will keep their prices the same. We will see, but man I hope this bike is worth the wait....there are others I am looking at, but the Alpine Trail seems like a killer deal.
    “NICE ASS!”

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I can't decide on how much travel I want on my next bike but this is on my short list for spring. Also looking at:
    Jeffsy is possibly getting an update.
    Liking the Commencal Mega TR 29er.
    Got a demo on the 19 Stumpjumper Comp carbon and loved it but at $4200 a bit much to swallow.

Want something to do it all well and for park days with Welch, Spirit mnt and now Giants Ridge with lift access riding, more travel is looking like a better option.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Current ETA is february according to the Marin guys at Interbike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Anybody currently on an Alpine 7 or 8?

Currently in the process of likely selling my Rift Zone 2 and looking at both bikes leaning towards the 8 for the better suspension package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk