2014 Marin Bolinas Ridge 29er- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2014

2014 Marin Bolinas Ridge 29er

Hey guys,

I tried searching around for some reviews about this bike and could hardly find anything about user reviews so I figured I would go ahead and give you guys my take on it so far.

I'm pretty new to mountain biking and my previous bike is from the early '90s so it is a night and day difference.

Took it out for about a 2 hour ride on some easy trails around my town and was surprised how easy it was to handle. Shifts smoothly and climbs hills effortlessly. I had to make myself slow down at certain points because it made me feel more confident in my riding skills than I should in certain areas haha.
    This is my first bicycle with a front suspension so I can't really say one way or the other whether or not it is a good fork but for me, it soaked up quite a lot. Never have had rotor brakes either so I definitely enjoyed the extra stopping power.
    I love the matte black with red styling that it has. The 26 version comes in orange and black which I think looks a little better but that's just my opinion.

Only complaint that I have so far is that the front derailer needs a tune up as it doesn't want to move to the smallest cog but that's just a matter of assembly that will be fixed. Everything else has worked flawlessly.

If anyone has any questions that I may assist with answering, feel free to ask.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Thank you for the reviews , i also tried searching for reviews about this bike but couldn't find anything , so that was helpful.

and i also searched for the bike weight and nothing was found , so please if you can tell me what is the bike weight.

thank you.

I ride bikes
    Marin Bolinas Ridge 29er 29er Hardtail Reviews - Mtbr.com
    Here are a bunch of reviews. Not the 2014 model, but not much has changed.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Email Marin on their website, they will tell you the spec. Weight for size.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
    2017 Scott Spark 930
    2016 Fuji Grand Fondo Classico 1.3
    2016 Felt F4X