Thread: Sequel?

mtbr member
    Oct 2018

Sequel?

Anybody have one of these yet? https://lynskeyperformance.com/seque...ountain-frame/. Or opinions on what Lynskey has brewing with this frame?

I ordered one and am going to be converting it to an XC/gravel burner with drop bars. Will update as it comes in.

Wanna ride bikes?
    There's no shortage of gravel bikes or even drop bar 29er frames out there. This one has a "longer top tube" which means you'll need a super short stem and a giant stack of spacers on the steer tube to try and get the handlebars up high enough.

Why do people always ask these questions after they buy it? Why not just buy a gravel frame that will allow a normal setup?
    Rigid SS 29er
    SS 29+
    Fat Lefty
    SS cyclocross
    Full Sus 29er (Yuck)

Stop asking how much it weighs and just go ride it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by *OneSpeed* View Post
    There's no shortage of gravel bikes or even drop bar 29er frames out there. This one has a "longer top tube" which means you'll need a super short stem and a giant stack of spacers on the steer tube to try and get the handlebars up high enough.

Why do people always ask these questions after they buy it? Why not just buy a gravel frame that will allow a normal setup?
    Respectfully, I didn't start this thread to solicit approval or criticism from you or anybody else. This isn't an impulse buy: I've done my homework and have a plan.

Rather, I thought, hey, there's a Lynskey forum with nothing on it about this frame yet. And why not start a discussion of that?

mtbr member
    With their recent sale on these, I almost pulled the trigger on a frame to build up for my wife. I ended up holding off to see if there are better holiday sales. I am interested in hearing your feedback once you get it.
    Last edited by Rockadile; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:30 PM.

Bicycles aren't motorized
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbotron View Post
    Respectfully, I didn't start this thread to solicit approval or criticism from you or anybody else. This isn't an impulse buy: I've done my homework and have a plan.

Rather, I thought, hey, there's a Lynskey forum with nothing on it about this frame yet. And why not start a discussion of that?

Okay, a discussion about an all mountain frame being turned into a gravel bike, go!
    Wanted, SRAM GX 2x11 rear derailleur

It ain't supposed to be easy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbotron View Post
    Anybody have one of these yet? https://lynskeyperformance.com/seque...ountain-frame/. Or opinions on what Lynskey has brewing with this frame?

I ordered one and am going to be converting it to an XC/gravel burner with drop bars. Will update as it comes in.
    I do not have this new frame but rather a 2018 Pro 29. I just want to say that after a remarkable first year of riding, the frame looks like it came out of the box last April. Just changed out the front rings from 26/36 and 11-40 to 28/38 and 11-42 so I got my first close up views since the bike first went into service. No issues discovered and I looked really hard. Finish is brushed and etched. Needed the change in gearing cause the bike is faster than I planned causing me to spin out so I added a couple mph of top speed. Best bike yet out of 24. Was built custom for Di2 XT.

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    My frame came in, and I can report that workmanship appears to be excellent and weight (3.9 lbs.) is identical to Lynskey's listing.