mfDB
    Oct 2008

Seat post opinions for Lynskey hardtails?

Does anyone have any advice/experience between a Ti or Carbon seat post specifically with a Lynskey hardtail frame? I have a 2016 Ridgeline with the stock aluminium FSA seatpost. I am wanting something that is a little less stiff. Considering the Lynskey Ti or maybe the FSA carbon.

thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I'm running a thompson post in my mt 29 with no concerns.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mfDB View Post
    Does anyone have any advice/experience between a Ti or Carbon seat post specifically with a Lynskey hardtail frame? I have a 2016 Ridgeline with the stock aluminium FSA seatpost. I am wanting something that is a little less stiff. Considering the Lynskey Ti or maybe the FSA carbon.

thanks
    I've never used a Ti post, but carbon is very noticeably better than alu. I just got my Lynskey and needed a new size post for it since my Niner post won't fit. Figured I'd try the Nashbar house brand carbon for cheap. It is the exact same design as the Niner and weighs exactly 2 grams more and rides the same for less than half cost. I recommend it.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Eriksen Sweetpost.
    Rolling on 29", 650b, 8.3" and 23mm

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Moots Cinch post.. Keep your eyes peeled on Ebay because they pop up now and then at reasonable $$...

None
    For aluminum, you can't get any better than a Thomson post. But I use them on FS bikes only. On my road bike and Ti hardtails I use a Ti post. It's the most comfortable I've found and no worries about breaking it like Carbon. While the boutique brands like Moots and Eriksen are certainly well made and beautifully finished, I prefer the Lynskey posts because the finishing is darn nice and get etched graphics and USA made. They sell them on ebay for $200 and can't beat the price/performance ratio in my humble opinion. On the road bike run an old AM Classic US made Ti post that is 20 years old and going strong. The other bonus is that the Ti posts can be easily made to look new by buffing out the scratches from time to time with a Scotch pad. You can't do that with carbon or machined aluminum.

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    I just ordered a build with the Ti post. Made the call just based on word of mouth. I was never happy with Al and carbon always had me thinking. After I put some miles on, I can advise first hand.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I switched from carbon to the Lynskey Ti post recently and they feel about the same which is to say very, very nice. The Lynskey posts come with free adapter for oval carbon seat rails. Watch the Envy video on how/where to grease the contraption and all is good.