Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    87

    Lynskey customer service

    Hey all.
    I'm looking for people's experience with Lynskey after the purchase.
    I'm not getting much if any response to several issues including the Guide brake warranty on an unridden bike which has to go through the dealer (Lynskey) and this is after a nightmare of wrong/ misfitting parts on my Fatskey. The guy I spoke to acted like he never heard of the Guide issue and I had to press them to do anything about it and as of today I've still had no help.
    I was wanting to pick up a gravel bike from them and already have the Fatskey and recently bought a Pro 29, but I'm less than impressed with their post sale service lately.
    I'm not going to flame them yet, but does anyone else have input?
    Thanks.

    UPDATE: Don't expect your Lynskey to hold its value even with the factory. Paid $3000 for a Fatskey, never rode it once ( partly due to so many issues with it), was offered $1500 trade in on it. Starting to think screw Lynskey!

    ***Still nothing. No replies. No help with the Guide problem. No riding my broken from the factory bike!!!
    Last edited by gixxerflier; 03-31-2018 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Update

  2. #2
    Turns right to go left
    Reputation: 410sprint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    550
    1) Other than a few people sharing positive experiences, it's unlikely you will get much response here. Most people are really happy with Lynskey's service. Me? I have owned Lynskey built road bikes going back to the very early days of Litespeed. The Lynskey family and their employees have always been super people.

    2) The Lynskey employee you spoke with might not be up to speed on the Sram brake issues. One, he probably uses brakes that work (Shimano or Hope) . Two, regardless of where the brakes were purchased, most people just take their Guide warranty issues to a local LBS that is a Sram dealer. Local Sram dealers have become incredibly proficient at processing Guide warranty issues. At one point, my favorite LBS literally had a pile of Guide levers going back to Sram.

    3) How old was the Fatskey? Based on your posts, it seems like you might have purchased it in 2015 or 2016??

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    87
    I have 3 myself (1 Litespeed & 2 Lynskey) and I used to feel the same as you.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    87
    Still nothing from lynskey who took my money no problem!!!!!

    Want a ti bike? Cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rockadile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    239
    I have a Fatskey that I bought used with Guide Rs. The front brake seized the first warm day I went to ride it. I bought the rebuild kit for $20 and it took me like 30 minutes to fix it. I am not saying that you are wrong in expecting better service and I am sure it is frustrating. But ,seriously, offering to sell your bike cheap because of a brake issue that costs $20 to fix (or $40 for both)?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    87
    Still absolutely NOTHING from Lynskey.

    I know they're watching this.

  7. #7
    Stupid is, as stupid does
    Reputation: spunkmtb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerflier View Post
    Still absolutely NOTHING from Lynskey.

    I know they're watching this.
    If you are truly unhappy. I am pretty sure that you used a credit card for your purchase. They have very good buyer protection policies. Try contacting them and tell them your issues and how they are not being addressed and they may intervene for you. They have helped me in the past. Just a suggestion. Have you tried asking for the manager at Lynskey to speak with?

    All that being said Carver bikes offers incredible customer service and they can do custom builds. It's not American made Ti, but it's still a damn nice bike.

    Bikes Archive - Carver Bikes
    Yeti SB95C
    Carver Ti 420
    Ibis HD3

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerflier View Post
    Still absolutely NOTHING from Lynskey.

    I know they're watching this.
    Customer service is not really a big part of their ethos from what I understand and have experienced. The two frames I bought from them went fine, but the last time I tried to buy a bike it just ended up not being a great experience.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    210
    I ordered a new Pro 29 with DI2 XT in late February with a projected ship date of March 26. The frame was built and ready to go on time. Only issue was Fox backordering the fork. I was told by a very caring employee that Fox would ship the fork on the 4th. She then checked on the 6th to be sure it was shipped as Fox promised. Yep, Fox did their thing and I will get the bike late this coming week. Very easy communications from a wonderful employee. The ordering process was also very smooth and got a very fair deal. I contrast this with a big player that refused to ship the custom build without cutting the steerer tube. I was about to drop 7 large and they insisted they must cut the tube. Ooppps, lost sale big guy. Lynskey has done all they promised and my LBS is doing the build.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ramjm_2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,159
    Iíve had great experiences with each of my 5 frame/bike purchases. My latest was a new GR260. Right now I have a 29r hard tail along with my Gr260 and a couple of ibis in the stable, great bikes!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lynskey customer service-56f7ef56-88c5-4254-96dd-ddc27ed8ce28.jpg  


  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramjm_2000 View Post
    Iíve had great experiences with each of my 5 frame/bike purchases. My latest was a new GR260. Right now I have a 29r hard tail along with my Gr260 and a couple of ibis in the stable, great bikes!
    Very nice looker! Safe Travels!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    87

    Nada

    Another week has gone by and still nothing. I bought a bike that can't be ridden due to a well known brake issue and the company I bought it from has done NOTHING!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ramjm_2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,159
    Sorry to hear it bud. Itís just the brake thatís the issue? BTW if your considering selling your fatskey I might be interested.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    87
    Both Lynskeys for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LargeMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerflier View Post
    Another week has gone by and still nothing. I bought a bike that can't be ridden due to a well known brake issue and the company I bought it from has done NOTHING!
    Lynskey did not make the brake, just take it to any SRAM dealer and it would be warrantied by now. Super easy, why making this out to be such a big deal?

    Bike companies are not like car companies, they only warranty their stuff, each individual part is warrantied by each mfg, that is how it works in the biz.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LargeMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    480
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerflier View Post
    Both Lynskeys for sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Make sure you never use a SRAM product again and sell all of those parts cheap to. Since they are the one to make the defected product.

  17. #17
    Turns right to go left
    Reputation: 410sprint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by LargeMan View Post
    Lynskey did not make the brake, just take it to any SRAM dealer and it would be warrantied by now. Super easy, why making this out to be such a big deal?

    Bike companies are not like car companies, they only warranty their stuff, each individual part is warrantied by each mfg, that is how it works in the biz.
    Exactly....

    Two weeks ago I made the same recommendation but the OP seems to be more set on basing Lynskey here than getting a very simple and common issue fixed by his LBS.

    From the Lynskey warranty policy:

    "All parts of your bike made by other manufacturers will be covered by the warranty policy of that respective company (SRAM, Shimano, Rock Shox, Mavic, etc). Please address any warranty or repair issue directly with to them."

    This is a standard policy that all bike companies use.

    After a quick online chat with Lynskey, without getting into the details, lets just say I have a feeling there is much more to this story... I could be wrong about this, but the OP did not clarify when he purchased his Fatskey. Based on his past posts, it seems as of he bought the bike in 2015 or 2016...

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    210
    Lynskey builds frames. That is what they do and based on my experienced doing a great job of that. Just received yesterday a new 2018 Pro 29. Now because of the economics of bikes, it is about 40% less to buy a complete bike as opposed purchasing a frame and then buying each component separately. So to stay viable, they sell complete bikes to stay competitive. So yesterday my new build of Di2 XT arrived in pieces as I requested. It was missing one piece, the front derailuer clamp. While incoventient, I do not really care. The frame exceeds my expectations and that is what is important, not a missing inexpensive part. So if you want a Ti bike from Lynskey, expect great frames but understand they build frames, not brakes or component groups. As a side note, discussions of welds here in the past seem meaninless when I look at my frameís workmanship. Just as perfect as it gets. Just a gorgeous build up of Ti and properly set up for DI2. They done great. Oh, the frame was built on time as promised. A small delay did occur waiting for Fox to build some new 32 SC Factory forks. With warm weather coming next week, I will be ready to ride this new build. Comments about not needing a front derailuer will be falling on deaf ears. Safe Travels all!

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    87
    One month and Lynskey has done NOTHING!!!! They sold the brakes to me as part of the bike and SRAM will not deal directly with a customer- only with authorized dealers!!!
    I have not wanted to bother my local shop because it is NOT their problem and I did not buy the bike there, but instead gave my business (unfortunately) to Lynskey.
    Their freak show sales gimmicks are a joke and
    have turned many off in the past and I can only say that with people like 410sprint being able to get information about MY issues (thanks for letting me know) I have even less respect for Lynskey now and will be passing that on.
    Already I have informed my friend and his son to pass on Lynskeys as their next bikes. I would think that if someone puts their actual name on a product they would hire more responsible people to represent that product!
    I'm out.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Ramjm_2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,159
    Just FYI...I think you need to realize that SRAM has ďdealersĒ and certified service centers. Itís not a bother to take your SRAM product to a SRAM dealer even if thatís your lbs.

  21. #21
    Turns right to go left
    Reputation: 410sprint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerflier View Post
    One month and Lynskey has done NOTHING!!!! They sold the brakes to me as part of the bike and SRAM will not deal directly with a customer- only with authorized dealers!!!
    I have not wanted to bother my local shop because it is NOT their problem and I did not buy the bike there, but instead gave my business (unfortunately) to Lynskey.
    Their freak show sales gimmicks are a joke and
    have turned many off in the past and I can only say that with people like 410sprint being able to get information about MY issues (thanks for letting me know) I have even less respect for Lynskey now and will be passing that on.
    Already I have informed my friend and his son to pass on Lynskeys as their next bikes. I would think that if someone puts their actual name on a product they would hire more responsible people to represent that product!
    I'm out.
    Please review my post carefully. I never said Lynskey shared any of your information. Never.

    My online chat involved a general question about SRAM warranty coverge unrelated to your issue. The answer was exactly as stated here by several folks. -- Take it to a SRAM dealer/bike shop and the they will fix or replace the item. Let us know if you have any problems.--

    Thus my comment "I have a feeling there is much more to this story... "

    I don't have time for internet augments, so I am moving on here. I will close with this question again-

    When did you purchased your Fatskey? In other words, how old are the brakes? Based on your previous posts, it seems like you might have purchased it in 2015 or 2016

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerflier View Post
    One month and Lynskey has done NOTHING!!!! They sold the brakes to me as part of the bike and SRAM will not deal directly with a customer- only with authorized dealers!!!
    I have not wanted to bother my local shop because it is NOT their problem and I did not buy the bike there, but instead gave my business (unfortunately) to Lynskey.
    Their freak show sales gimmicks are a joke and
    have turned many off in the past and I can only say that with people like 410sprint being able to get information about MY issues (thanks for letting me know) I have even less respect for Lynskey now and will be passing that on.
    Already I have informed my friend and his son to pass on Lynskeys as their next bikes. I would think that if someone puts their actual name on a product they would hire more responsible people to represent that product!
    I'm out.
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result each time.

    You've been given good advice. But you've ignored every last word posted in this thread, repeatedly posting the same rant over a set of inexpensive brakes that would be resolved via warranty with SRAM at any local bike shop.

    Lynskey is not Specialized or Trek or Cannondale. They are a small frame builder.

    But by all means, continue to act like a child and sell off all your stuff, in the end, it's better for all of us.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rockadile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    239
    I have a 2016 Fatskey I purchased used. It also has Guide R brakes. Come the first warm day, my front brake was locked up. After doing some reading, I discovered the known problem and recommended solution. I spent less than $20 on a lever kit and about 1/2 hour of my time and the problem was fixed. This year, my back brake exhibited symptoms. $20 again and another half hour of my time. Hopefully the problem is fixed because I really like the feel of the SRAMs over my Shimanos but we shall see.

    It was my choice to fix it myself. I had the tools and figured it would be the quicker route. If you choose not to, what does it take to contact your bike shop and ask if they can assist?
    Last edited by Rockadile; 05-28-2018 at 09:51 AM.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by spunkmtb View Post
    If you are truly unhappy. I am pretty sure that you used a credit card for your purchase. They have very good buyer protection policies. Try contacting them and tell them your issues and how they are not being addressed and they may intervene for you. They have helped me in the past. Just a suggestion. Have you tried asking for the manager at Lynskey to speak with?


    All that being said Carver bikes offers incredible customer service and they can do custom builds. It's not American made Ti, but it's still a damn nice bike.
    Bikes Archive - Carver Bikes
    Deal with SRAM since it is a SRAM fault. I had the same problem and my dealer dealt with SRAM and got me a replacement. I just hope I donít have a problem with the other brake now.
    I have had to use my credit card people multiple times because of lying cheating businesses! I most often come out feeling ok with the end results.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pedalon2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikerva1 View Post
    Deal with SRAM since it is a SRAM fault. I had the same problem and my dealer dealt with SRAM and got me a replacement. I just hope I donít have a problem with the other brake now.
    I have had to use my credit card people multiple times because of lying cheating businesses! I most often come out feeling ok with the end results.
    I bought a new Lynskey 29 Pro just this late winter. If I had any issues with anything other than the frame, you deal with the manufacture of the defective part. It evens states that plainly in the warranty that Lynskey provides. I did contact them after the sale to buy a spare drop out. They said sure and only charged me 50% of retail. Came in three days. I am buying another bike for my wife so she can get off the Farley 9 for summer.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: slowrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,787
    I found the top tube of my 140mm fs ridgeline had cracked almost all the way from the top/down tube weld to the top of the top tube, called Lynskey, they asked for a built picture of the bike, issued an RA number and a few weeks later I had my new/re welded (not sure which) frame in my hands. now IF I COULD JUST REMEMBER WHAT I DID WITH MY REAR AXLE????

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Pedalon2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by slowrider View Post
    I found the top tube of my 140mm fs ridgeline had cracked almost all the way from the top/down tube weld to the top of the top tube, called Lynskey, they asked for a built picture of the bike, issued an RA number and a few weeks later I had my new/re welded (not sure which) frame in my hands. now IF I COULD JUST REMEMBER WHAT I DID WITH MY REAR AXLE????
    My experience with Lynskey could not be any better. And my latest Pro 29 Di2 XT is the coolest bike out of 24 in my lifetime. Fast and fun!

  28. #28
    KMA
    KMA is offline
    T U R T L E S P E E D
    Reputation: KMA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    119
    Nice GR260. Iím considering buying one of these. Is this the satin or brushed finish? What size frame? Thanks.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rockadile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    239
    Looks like brushed or industrial mill finish (both are similar) with etched logos. The satin finish is more matte.

Similar Threads

  1. Lynskey Got It Right This Time 2011 Lynskey PRO29 SS
    By Superlight2003 in forum Lynskey
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-30-2014, 07:42 PM
  2. Lynskey PRO29 frame warranty - Awesome service
    By poindexter21 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2013, 06:35 PM
  3. Broken Brain and Specialized Customer Service
    By AJ99 in forum Specialized
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 08:38 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 02:38 PM
  5. Best customer service
    By bank5 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-02-2011, 02:43 PM

Members who have read this thread: 74

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.