mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Anyone riding one of the new Ridgelines?

I'm looking at the 29er FS Ridgelines; can anyone give a review?

Thanks,
    Charlie

mtbr member
    I'm riding the 27.5 X 140 and it rides really nice, is not a noodle and the frame is lighter than most advertised Aluminum frames of similar intent.
    I have one issue that I haven't been able to resolve and that is chain line for lower gears. The greatest obstacle in acquiring a better chain line is that the main pivot is rather wide and that events me from finding a quiet alignment for steep climbs. I am still trying various options for solving this.
    Last edited by slowrider; 01-15-2018 at 12:08 PM. Reason: word omitted

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks.

mtbr member
    It says on the website that the new Ridgeline takes a 2.5” width tire, I’m wondering if anyone has tested this out. I’m wondering if a 2.6” Nobby Nic would fit on there, which typically measures a bit small, about 2.55” with a 30mm (internal) rim. Anyone tested the limits of this frame with 2.5” or wider tires?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    An old thread but that's never stopped anyone..
    I have the Ridgeline 140mm 29er. I built it up with i35 rims and Specialized Purg 2.6 tires, which measure a bit over 2.5. Tire clearance was fine but the flex in the rear wheel/rear triangle meant the side knobs rub on the inside of the chainstays while riding. I recommend a 2.4 max tire (actual measured width knob-knob). It's a cool bike, I like that it's MUSA and no paint to chip off. 7 pounds with a Fox Shock for my XL frame.

mtbr member
    I ended up getting a Ridgeline, the website said it fit up to 2.5 inch tires, I was able to fit a Maxxis 2.6” Rekon easily.

The odd part is that Lynskey discontinued the Ridgeline and introduced a new frame called the Sequel 29. The Sequel goes back to the 142mm rear axle standard, and has only 2.3” tire clearance. The so called Sequel is actually pretty old school in my opinion...

I would buy the Lynskey Pro hardtail if I were buying today. It is slightly slacker than the Ridgeline, a great bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    I ended up getting a Ridgeline, the website said it fit up to 2.5 inch tires, I was able to fit a Maxxis 2.6” Rekon easily.

The odd part is that Lynskey discontinued the Ridgeline and introduced a new frame called the Sequel 29. The Sequel goes back to the 142mm rear axle standard, and has only 2.3” tire clearance. The so called Sequel is actually pretty old school in my opinion...

I would buy the Lynskey Pro hardtail if I were buying today. It is slightly slacker than the Ridgeline, a great bike.
    Interesting...the 27.5 Sequel specs state it comes with a 148mm axle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

i have bought a few bikes that were really stinkers so just because I bought it does not make it great. That said, I bought a new Pro 29 in April 2018. Hands down my best bike yet. It still surprises me sometimes how quick it accelerates with a nice stiff frame to push against. The brushed and etched finish made the bike look brand new after 1,500 miles this past season. I wanted to ride the Ridgeline before I ordered but could not find one. So to be as sure as possible to get a stiff frame, I went with the 29. That was one of my better decision. As stated, a touch slacker. The bike was faster than I anticipated so I just changed out the gearing to permit a bit more speed without losing climbing ability. Front rings were 26/36 but are now 28/38. Rear cassette were 11-40 but now are 11-42, all Di2 XT Syncro shift. The whole deal weighs 21 pounds with tubeless and Fox’s Lightest fork. Egg Beater 11, Ti bars and Ti Lynskey seatpost. Only one shifter. At my age, owning a bike that makes me smile every time I make that first pedal stroke is a keeper. May be my last HT. Safe Travels All and Happy New Year! We are living in the golden age of cycling.