Yinding light with Magicshine battery problem- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Yinding light with Magicshine battery problem

Hi
    2 years ago I purchased a Yinding light kit from gearbest knowing that the battery would only last a coupe f years. I have just purchased a Magicshine battery pack MJ-6102 (
    6*18650 LG LI-ion battery cells,7.4V 7.8Ah) and Magicshine charger MJ-6012 (DC8.4V-1.8A) to give me good reliable run time.

I charged up the battery for the first time last night and plugged the Yinding in, the switch on the Yinding glowed red straight away I didnít keep it running for long as I didnít want to damage anything. The original Yinding battery is a 7.4V 4 cell unit.

Questions

1. Does the battery or head unit cense low voltage and turns the current off?
    2. What is the voltage that the Yinding will have the switch glow red?
    3. Does anyone know what output Magicshine runs on their battery kits?

4. If it is only because Magicshine runs a lower output voltage will I get the full run time out of a charged battery?

5. Has anyone got any ideas or experiences with a similar cross brand use?

Battery
    https://www.letour.com.au/magicshine...m-battery-pack
    Charger
    https://www.letour.com.au/magicshine-mj-6012-charger

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    7.4v and 8.4v are the exact same for the battery pack. 7.4 is nominal, 8.4v is fully charged voltage.

Check that the light works fine with another pack. If it does then there is a connection problem with the new pack or its simply no good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

mtbr member
    Did the light work when you plugged the Magicshine battery in? I usually find that lights' battery level indicators work best with their original battery. In my experience they are not at all accurate when you use different batteries, or those with more cells.

Tim

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    6 cell MS battery pack should be more than enough for running Yinding for few hours on full. Sometimes it happens having bad contact when plug things together resullting in red status led. Reconnecting usualy solves it.
    Please measure voltage of battery after full charge. It could be unbalanced or something regardless it's new. It might happen and voltage would indicate it.

mtbr member
    I have the sneaking suspicion that something is either wrong with the charger, the new battery or both. While the indicators on these types of lamps are somewhat fluky I doubt that a fully charged battery would ever cause the indicators to start off in the red. Could be the charger wasn't either plugged in all the way or for some other reason the battery is not charging. It would not be unusual for the indicator to read red if the battery was simply not charged all the way. Hopefully nothing is wrong with your new battery. Chargers are easy to replace and not real expensive. Where did you buy the new battery?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Thanks guys
    I plugged the light in again last night and went for a ride the switch was green from the start and the light ran seamlessly. I believe when I tried the light for the first time the battery had just finished charging for the first time and there was some heat build-up that created resistance.
    I got 2.5 hours of run time last night with the light on full for an hour, tomorrow night I will try with the light on full for the whole time.
    Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 156flash View Post
    .... I believe when I tried the light for the first time the battery had just finished charging for the first time and there was
    Nope, this can not be the case. I suspect there was a problem when connecting light to the pack. Anyway, I'm glad it works now.

mtbr member
    Yep, something just wasn't right the first time. If you are running a six cell I would think the lamp should run at least 3.5 hrs on full the whole time. Of course a lot depends on the actual Amp hour rating of the battery and what brand of cells are being used. Glad to hear you didn't get stiffed.