Where can I get a battery for this light?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. Where can I get a battery for this light?

Any help would be awesome guys!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where can I get a battery for this light?-p1050438.jpg  

Where can I get a battery for this light?-p1050439.jpg  

Where can I get a battery for this light?-p1050440.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dave, there are a couple ways you could go with this. You could buy a suitable NiMH battery from a battery store and use the old plug and cord from the old battery if you have some minor DIY skills ( the least expensive way to go )....OR....take the old battery to a local Battery Plus store and have them rebuild the battery with new cells...OR....contact Niterider to see what they have ( likely the most expensive route ).

The problem is the even if you get a new battery you will likely need a new bulb within a year and no telling how long the new NiMH battery will last anyway.

My suggestion is to just go ahead and buy a newer ( Li-ion powered LED ) replacement lamp system. Depending on how much money you want to spend you should be able to easily find something in your price range that will blow the socks off your old halogen Niterider.

Believe me, for the money spent to resurrect your old lamp the same money will get you a new LED lamp ~3X as bright that will weigh 20% less with almost twice the run time. This is why most people have forgotten about halogen lamps.

mtbr member
    I have an old light (2 lights, one head) similar to yours. After checking on some of the solutions CMD suggested I bought new lights. It sucked that I couldn't get it working cause I'd have rathered used the old light head. That being said the light output of these newer lights is pretty damn awesome.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Thanks guys, I know there are tons of threads but what do you guys personally use for lights?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

turtles make me hot
    I'm running Exposure Toro and Diablo and have nothing but good things to say about them.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Cheap ass, chinese made MagicShines. I've used them a ton in the past two years and have gotten more than my $'s worth out of them. Are there nicer lights out there? Yes. But I was in your situation a couple of years ago, thought I'd get back into night riding but wasn't sure how much I'd actually do it. Bought the MS and now have more night rides than day rides this spring/summer. Charging them now for a Friday night, beer night ride w/ the boys.

Check the forum, read up and do some research, there are a ton of options out there.

*I should add that I bought my MS from Geoman (who is unfortunately out of buisiness) who had killer custie support which was a huge reason for me going w/ MS.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

Members who have read this thread: 0