What's the best light for me?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014

What's the best light for me?

What I'm mainly looking for in a light is value for money, convenience and a good battery pack. I would be willing to pay up to $100, but would be much happier spending about half that. I would much rather purchase a complete kit than having to order the head and battery pack from two different sites and absolutely don't want to have to do any DIY work to get the most out of the light. It would also be nice if the site offered free and reasonably fast shipping to Europe. The light should last 2-3 hours on the highest setting or even better be bright enough on the medium setting for light trail riding and last 4-5 hours.

I want to use the light on my bar, so I'm looking for a wide and even beam pattern that's not too spotty. It does not need to be super bright, I'm not planning to do very fast AND technical descends on a nightride. When I go fast it's on easy terrain and I go slowly on technical descends.

The cheap chinese lights like Yinding and Solarstorm always seem to have really crappy battery packs and Magicshine is already out of my price range. What is there inbetween? The Nitefighter lamps seem interesting, but frankly, I have not been able to gather much information on them outside of this forum, so I'm not really sure what to make of them.

Does anyone from Europe have any experience with this light? I know it's a little overpriced, but it seems to come with a good battery pack and would be very convenient for me to order:

Radon High Power 2 LED Light | Helmet-/ Headlights Shop

mtbr member
    I'd go with the NiteFighter BT40S. It fits all of the criteria that you mentioned. I have one and have had no problems with it.

RAKC
    The one you linked is nothing more than an older Chinese light rebranded.

The best your going to do (and honestly you don't find alot about any bike lights besides brand names outside of this forum) is going to be nitefighter.

The DIY stuff we do isn't because its needed, its simply because we can. No light is going to get the "most out of it" without modding unless its high end.

As for output and run time, what you think is bright enough may be more or less than the next person.

Nitefighter bt40s or the bt21 is the only ones I know of that will honestly fit what you want. There is alot of cheap lights out there and many are ok with them and their batteries (which are the same or worse than what comes with yinding or solarstorm) but with nitefighter using brand name batteries and only being a few dollars more than the cheap stuff....you can't go wrong.