Whats the best, brightest, spread right light for night riding paved pathway trails- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2013

Whats the best, brightest, spread right light for night riding paved pathway trails

...but still cheap!

Alibaba
    Aliexpress
    ebay

Oops I did not realize I posted in Lights DIY Forums.

Well my other question for Lights DIY forums is that I can possibly build my own. Through hole soldering is easy for me.
    Want something bright, will do an amazing job, but yet cheap!

What LED's and pattern to place them
    What drivers
    What light deflectors

My Duracell flashlight is doable for slow riding. But I past a half dozen with bright lights that blinded me, I am sure they dropped a hunny or two on their lights. I was thinking $40 max, maybe $50, but $30 is ideal, $20 is best.

Thanks!

OK will check out dx.com and
    LED Supply has kits and all sorts of parts and pieces.

mtbr member
    If you are riding with other riders/pedestrians, try to get something with a cutoff line so you can put light down without blinding others. I have my setup for $225 that's essentially a car headlight with a strong cutoff and wide field of vision. Won't be able to DIY something like that, but I know it's out of the price range you suggested.

https://www.outboundlighting.com/pro...-road-edition/

I did get this the other day to see what they were doing, it's a pretty decent cutoff, much much narrower beam angle and less brightness, but better than blinding everyone and sucking down too much power.

https://www.amazon.com/Front-bike-li.../dp/B000ZJML3U

Uses 4 AA batteries, has a pretty solid runtime, and in that price range you were looking at.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4x4 View Post
    ...but still cheap!

Alibaba
    Aliexpress
    ebay

Oops I did not realize I posted in Lights DIY Forums.

Well my other question for Lights DIY forums is that I can possibly build my own. Through hole soldering is easy for me.
    Want something bright, will do an amazing job, but yet cheap!

What LED's and pattern to place them
    What drivers
    What light deflectors

My Duracell flashlight is doable for slow riding. But I past a half dozen with bright lights that blinded me, I am sure they dropped a hunny or two on their lights. I was thinking $40 max, maybe $50, but $30 is ideal, $20 is best.

Thanks!

OK will check out dx.com and
    LED Supply has kits and all sorts of parts and pieces.
    thing is buy once cry once.

Buying cheap stuff you run Into things not lasting long.

kits you can buy you cant easily just put together and have them work, have to fully understand how modern LED electronics work and going to have more than $40 in it by far once you buy a batter pack.

If you want something that will do what you asking but is a nice, solid light in the price range. From the US as well avoiding long shipping times and all the other "joys" of ordering direct out of china.

https://www.rakclighting.com/collect...emen-cr-series

The $45 one is in th our price range, USB rechargeable, beam pattern you want, 10x brighter than what your currently using, has warranty and so on.

Also these that have close to the same lumen output, USB rechargeable and so on.
    https://www.rakclighting.com/collect...ycle-headlight

Dont have to play the Chinese lottery to get a solid light that's from a reputable company. At the very least use Amazon, pay a little bit more but at least your not out your money if it doesnt work, they dont ship it and so on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    I can vouch for RAKC, he sells solid kit.