well well well I have 4500 lumens...- Mtbr.com
    ~ B A D A S S ~

well well well I have 4500 lumens...

Name:  well-well-well.jpg
Views: 36911
Size:  28.8 KB

Yeah and its no ****.

I just took delivery of 1 pc olympia 1500 lumen lighthead
    and one 2400 lumen gloworm xs kit. and 2 6800mah gloworm batteries, my oh my.
    AAAAAND I already had 1 xera flashlight (over 700 real lumens)

Im kinda drunk and/or high right now so I'm planning to take these badasses out maybe tomorrow and shoot some pics.

But already shooting these muddas inside at the roof tells me that the olympia is about twice as powerful as the xera, and the big surprise was that the gloworm xs "appeared" twice as powerful as the olympia, i would have guess stronger but not by much, but it appears to be at least twice as powerful. Appears..

If you are considering the olympia or the xs just get the xs! its much much much more badass. Well shining them around my apartment thety are at least.

ok some pics. The optics on the xs is really really small, must be low efficeincy, i'm guessing 70-80 or so here. in-out ratio. While the much larger optics of the xera flashlight would rate at least 10% over that, the xera optic is really good (well, for the lumens it puts out). I'm guessing you can do more magic the bigger the lenses get. and most likely it gets better (and/or cheaper) by the square of the diameter or so. And the xera optic is twice the diameter. and many times the area and thus efficiency imo.

But all in all the xs its still quite badass imo. You pretty much can't get any single ligh that is better than this today. all in all. **** its intense.

ONLY BAD THING I CAN SAY ABOUT IS: SHIP SOME ****ING EUROPLUGS WITH THE CHARGERS U MUDDAS. now I have to go out and buy us to eu converters. wtf is up with that ****!! Luckily the extra GEMINI charger I bought (from actionled) had a removable end cord, so I just swapped it to euro end cord that I had laying around. But now I at least can charge one battery at a time with the gemini charger.

Oh fuk I forgot to tell you about the Gemini olympia (getting kinda drunk here you know) but yeah its a good light, the spread is very even so to speak, intensity not very high but workable, I'm gonna be running this as my close up light so I knew this before.
    Its gonna do a good job there, no shizzle. Probably its gonna do the best job there of any commercially available lights, and thats why I bought it. And it appears to stay very cool compared to the xs!! contrary to mtbr lore.

Think I'm gonna get wasted now for real. Tomorrow I will post comparison shots of all my lights: Ledlenser 120lm, xera 700lm, olympia 1500lm, and xs 2400lm, and maybe some pics of my homemade uplight that is at least 6000lm but quite wide spreading.

well well well I have 4500 lumens...-2.jpgwell well well I have 4500 lumens...-1.jpg
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Sick ^
    "PLEASE LORD FORBID THEM FROM ENTERING, FORGIVE US FOR THEY SHALL NEVER LEAVE"

mtbr member
    Ah...that reminds me, I have beer in the fridge.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I take it you have an older olympia if it's 1500 lumen model? This is what I have and have been on the fence about upgrading. Lmk how it does on the trail next to the xs and how the runtime is on both. If the XS can get the same runtime as the Gemini and is much brighter I will probably make the move

~ B A D A S S ~
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeer View Post
    I take it you have an older olympia if it's 1500 lumen model? This is what I have and have been on the fence about upgrading. Lmk how it does on the trail next to the xs and how the runtime is on both. If the XS can get the same runtime as the Gemini and is much brighter I will probably make the move
    I believe its newest "2100" lumen model, but I belive its actually just 1500lm when measured by mtbr.

I'm trying these out in a few hours
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.

Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeer View Post
    I have both lights but only had the XS since yesterday and haven't compared them side by side yet so I'm not to sure on beam width. As far as Brightness and throw, my X2 V3.1 noticeably out performs by Olympia (1700) so I'm quite sure the XS will too (by a huge amount if I relay on my memory). As far as run times, Action-led-lights lists the power draw @ max. output on their light comparison chart. Gloworm XS (3.23 a), 2100 Olympia (2.12 a) so I'd expect the run times on the Gemini to be much better.
    Mole
    Last edited by MRMOLE; 11-16-2014 at 06:04 PM. Reason: improper label

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Holy crow, didn't realize the gloworm drew that much more current, definitely will have to take that into consideration but it's really that much brighter, huh? It's funny because I most always just use a single xm-l titan on the bars cause I feel like the olympia is usually overkill but I can't stop wanting something brighter. A couple years back I would ride with all the lights full tilt all the time

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Hey manbeer, I use to have that exact light. In its time was a good light, still is,,,,,IMO much better the MS 808 at that time. But for your bars you will be blown away using a multi emitter lamp head today!! Not only brighter but a much smoother delivery of light.

Back in 2009 the most potent lights available were pretty much maxed out at around 600/700 OTF lumens so (heat management) wasn't a big concern and you could run them full blast all the time. Now a days you will fry your lights without it.

~ B A D A S S ~
    Here are some pics.

I was handholding the camera so I just used max iso, 3200 to get acceptable sharpness, also the noisiest setting and lowest dynamic range setting

I should have decreased shutter time to like 1/4-1/10 of what I used since I'm seriously saturating the sensor.

The settings are these iso 3200, wb - daylight, fl- 18mm, sensor size - apsc. shutter 1/10s.

first is the xera with the wide lens, 700lm, then olympia "2100", then xs, all at max.
    The xera was aimed where it is useful, the olympia up close, and the xs a bit further away.
    These pics don't look like what I saw out in the woods, Its much dimmer in real life, or at least very different.

well well well I have 4500 lumens...-xera700lmwide.jpg
    well well well I have 4500 lumens...-olympia2100-1500lm.jpg
    well well well I have 4500 lumens...-xstriplespot.jpg

Then we have the olympia and xs, and then the olympia/xs/xera, then all 3 again but now I just simply lifted the bike so they were all shooting a bit further away. There is almost no difference in real life by adding the xera.

well well well I have 4500 lumens...-olympiaandxs.jpg
    well well well I have 4500 lumens...-olympiaandxsandxeraonhigh.jpg
    well well well I have 4500 lumens...-all3angledfurtheraway.jpg

Then we have an indoor pic with the same settings as out in the woods, and another indoor pic, same settings except now I use iso100.

well well well I have 4500 lumens...-home.jpg
    well well well I have 4500 lumens...-athome-iso100.jpg

Basically all these pics sucked since they are low dynamic range, noisy, clipped, and not very sharp, and to top it all off; doesn't actually represent what I see with my own eyes

Specialized sucks ass.

~ B A D A S S ~
    The olympia and xs might look similar in the pics but if you look at the 2 leaves that cast shadows you will see they are aimed differently. I use the olympia up close since I think it does a good job there and the xs a bit further out, (the xera is where I would aim it when it was my only light) you can also see that the xs clearly lights up the trees while still giving about the same amount of light up close as the olympia. that being said, the trees that you see in the pics gets very little light in real life, there is absolutely no point in aiming the lights much higher, since I would need several 10000 of lumens to light these up to any kind of satisfactory level of illumination. sure it looks like they get some light in the pics, but in reality its like, well, mediocre. don't be fooled.

But any of the olympia and the xs is a big step up in spread compared to the xera, intensity seems similar. And adding the xera to those 2 is just barely noticable, if the xera was 10-15000lm or so it would be useful.

Compared to cars on the road (in traffic) with their lowbeams, I have about twice the intensity I'd guess with the olympia and the xs. But its much tighter and I have much more light closer to me, just in front of the bike.

Specialized sucks ass.

cmg
    passed out in your garden
    I reckon you should get more knives
    always mad and usually drunk......

~ B A D A S S ~
    Getting rid of one actually

Before I took those pics I had the lights running on high for about 40 minutes, went and got the camera and then went into the woods, then when I was done I ran them on high the whole minute home. And when I got inside I noticed the lightheads were very hot. I could touch them for only a single second. I'm guessing this is normal??

Also I have now adjusted the light mode levels on both lights to 50/70/90% And I will try out that today. The xs battery was on the red 20% blinking led and the olympia was one led above it after I was done yesterday. I felt that red led came on really fast though. Gonna look into that today.

Specialized sucks ass.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by car bone View Post
    ONLY BAD THING I CAN SAY ABOUT IS: SHIP SOME ****ING EUROPLUGS WITH THE CHARGERS U MUDDAS. now I have to go out and buy us to eu converters. wtf is up with that ****!!
    Where are you?

Power Bright GS9 USA to Euro round pin Plug Adapter

Generic Round Europe to USA Plug Adapter: $1.21 & FREE SHIPPING

US USA to EU Euro Europe Power Jack Wall Plug Converter Travel Adapter Adaptor | eBay