User Review: ITUO Wiz20 - Page 4- Mtbr.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBucan View Post
    .....manufacturers make great lights and then fail miserably on the mount construction
    I'm OK with that!!!!
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by formula4speed View Post
    My mount decided to fall apart while riding on pavement this morning. The clip that holds the light in just popped out, light came off and hit the ground. Note that a piece of the mount came off, it was not just a case of the light not being securely clipped in. The light can no longer be attached to the mount. The mount couldn't even handle commuting, so I wouldn't use it on an MTB without a backup light.

I had the misfortune of having the self discharge issue and a bad mount, no recourse at this point. So Ituo was just a failed experiment for me, not sure I'm willing to spend any more money on it, might just move on to something more reliable.
    Yup. I've had the same problems. I would avoid Ituo at all costs. Broken mounts and battery drain issues. It's a $130 gamble.

I would spend a little more and look at the Fenix Lights or the new one from Blackburn.

https://www.blackburndesign.com/ligh...down-1600.html

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I actually don't need that many lumens for my commute, but I am looking at Fenix and Blackburn options. They both seem to have options for user replaceable batteries that are USB rechargeable (very useful for commuting). I've dealt with Fenix customer service and they were great, Blackburn I don't know as well but I can get it from REI who stands behind everything they sell.

Definitely looking to spend my money with a company that has good after sale service this time around.

mtbr member
    A few weeks ago Ituo contacted me to see if I would do a light review for them. I thanked them and replied while I have been very happy with their lights I already owned and have reviewed all the lights they currently sell so no need to send me duplicates. They sent me a XP2 and Wiz20 anyway and since the Wiz20 has had a few upgrades from my gen 1 version I figured I'd brush over the changes and do a review update. New mount is most important feature here, or at lease changed mount over the Version 2 which had brittle plastic and a high failure rate. The new mount actually looks just like my V1 mount (which has worked fine for the last 3 yrs. for me) so that should fix the breakage problem. Also changed with the gen 2 version was the addition of a little extra output for the light so it more closely matched its rating of 1500 lumens. Estimates from my lux readings put the new light right at its rating or about 150 lumens stronger than my original. 18650 cells are also now 3400 mAh compared to 3200 that came in my V1 which should help equalize runtimes between the new and old versions. The only other thing I noticed was no more press and hold for a few seconds to shut the light off (wish Ituo had done this to the new XP2 they sent me too!). I know that doesn't sound like a big deal but I've found having the mode button follow your commands immediately makes for a more likeable light to use. So everything else is unchanged (which is a good thing). Same 2+ hour in high runtime with stable output. Same impressive resistance to overheating. Same "best I've ever used" mode button operation. Same beautiful appearance (People talk about $500+ lights, this one looks like it should cost that much!). Same excellent value (IMO). Nice light!
    Mole

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Are they just selling direct through Amazon now? I'm still a bit put off at how they disappeared and screwed over their customers and their reseller. But I will say I do like the XP2s that I have and was on the market for a full self contained unit for the road bike. (Didn't buy it before because of the mount issues). I'm wondering if pulled from Amazon if it would be the new mount you mention. Is it alloy or hard plastic?

mtbr member
    Dec 2014
    You'll have the new mount it you buy from Amazon

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ztbishop View Post
    Are they just selling direct through Amazon now? I'm still a bit put off at how they disappeared and screwed over their customers and their reseller. But I will say I do like the XP2s that I have and was on the market for a full self contained unit for the road bike. (Didn't buy it before because of the mount issues). I'm wondering if pulled from Amazon if it would be the new mount you mention. Is it alloy or hard plastic?
    As far as I know Amazon is the US outlet for Ituo currently. The new old stock they were selling a while back was advertised to also include the newer mounts so I'm assuming what ther're currently selling is also the current model which would have the newest mount. My light came directly from Chine and the mount appears to be made out of the same machined plastic as my version 1 light mount (not 100% positive on this though) and definitely not the brittle molded plastic of the version 2.
    Mole
    Last edited by MRMOLE; 02-14-2019 at 12:09 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Possible cure for parasitic drain?

I ordered when they were closing shop and liquidating the remaining stock on Amazon. The parasitic drain was noticeable right away and a real pain. recently when I was reinserting the batteries I noticed that when putting the rear cover on the light would momentarily turn on. This got me thinking that perhaps the open circuit this indicated wasn't fully closing. So I experimented with attaching the cover over and over until the light did not turn on (about 5 times) then leaving it closed. So far it's been sitting on my desk for two weeks and still turns on...

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertride View Post
    So far it's been sitting on my desk for two weeks and still turns on...
    I decided to bring all my bike lights in and top off the charge. I was working from home one day and though I was having a genuine mental issue or optic issue... I kept seeing a flash of light like every couple hours. I was about to go to the Dr until a few days later I happened to be looking at the lights and noticed the Wiz2 (while turned off) would just send out a flash of light every now and then! Even if I'm sitting still.
    I then noticed that if I tapped the counter or sat down a glass of water, the vibration on the counter-top would cause the Wiz2 to send out flashes of light. I haven't tried riding with it because quite frankly I don't find it safe, after seeing this happen.
    I ordered it during the big sale mainly just to get the gopro mount to use with my wiz-XP2 (which have been good so far).

I had a feeling when all that stuff went on sale that it was just an attempt at liquidating everything and closing shop to any form of support. But at least I got a working mount out of it. I really need more mounts for my XP2, but the company is gone, and I don't know of anyone who will produce them. I really just wanted a mount on each bike, so I can quickly move the lights between bikes without unscrewing the gopro adapters.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ztbishop View Post
    I had a feeling when all that stuff went on sale that it was just an attempt at liquidating everything and closing shop to any form of support. But at least I got a working mount out of it. I really need more mounts for my XP2, but the company is gone, and I don't know of anyone who will produce them. I really just wanted a mount on each bike, so I can quickly move the lights between bikes without unscrewing the gopro adapters.
    https://www.brightbikelights.com/

Try this site. It's a UK site and I know they won't ship lights but a friend looking for a compatible battery cable extension said they were willing to ship that so maybe they'd sell you just the mount. Worth a try.
    Mole

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    Thanks! I'll send them a note and see.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Both my Ituo's fell off my car roof and broke the plastic mount that bolts to the light head. Contacted Kevin (Vancbiker) on this site and he sent me 2 mounts for the lights. Those mounts didn't fit so I sent back his mounts along w/ my Iuto mount system and he made me 2 new made to order mounts that fit perfect. Just wanted to give him a shout out here. Thx Kevin!

Mark

mtbr member
    May 2005
    You're welcome Mark.

The Ituo bar mounts that Mark sent were dimensionally way off (~.14mm) from the GoPro "standard". I don't know if that is typical for the Ituo mounts or not. While my standard Wiz20 to GoPro adapter could have been made to work, it would have required using an M5 allen head screw and tightening way beyond reason. By making the mounting tabs on the adapter thicker to match the Ituo bar mount they will no longer work with high quality GoPro mounts like K-Edge. They might still be OK with a genuine plastic GoPro mount, but it spreads the ears of the mount and would put a lot of stress on them.

I'd be interested to hear if others have found the Ituo bar mounts to really loose when used with my adapters.
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vancbiker View Post
    I'd be interested to hear if others have found the Ituo bar mounts to really loose when used with my adapters.
    I checked and did notice a little play. Not enough to cause any slippage with a regular lighthead but after all the problems I had with my similar Gloworm CX can see how it would be an issue. Extra heft plus the shape of large self-contained lights requires a more exact fit so torque required to make the light stable is not multiplied by having to excessively distort the mount too. It's not that nice a mount anyway and since any Wiz20 owner buying one of your lighthead mounts has already experienced the almost identical slide style mount that came with the light they probably looked else where for a Gopro bar mount.
    Mole

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234