UltraFire UF-T80 Cree XHP50 2500 Lumens $47- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015

UltraFire UF-T80 Cree XHP50 2500 Lumens $47

Evening peeps
    I came across this while digging around for a friend who wanted an all-in-one light without external battery -
    http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S024453
    Tbh having just invested in a BT40/21 set up I havent looked into it too much. There is a review on budgetlightforums, where the guy guestimates it to put out 1500+ lumens.
    Thought some of you might be interested!
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Not really usable as a bike light because it's so frig'in big. Interesting though but only because it's one of the first uses of the Cree XHP50 in a cheap lamp that I've seen. Would be more interested it they produced one that was an actual bike lamp. The potential is there to produce a small single emitter lamp with a lot of output ( if you have the right driver ). That said I believe Len from MTBrevolution mentioned a while back that Xeccon was intending to produce such a lamp.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    The hard part would be go get a solid mount for it, as I assume it's on the heavy side.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    The hard part would be go get a solid mount for it, as I assume it's on the heavy side.
    Exactly. With a host that holds three 18650 cells in circular fashion it would be quite wide. I know of no standard torch mounts that could hold something that wide ( and still be stable ). Now if it could be modded with a Gopro mount that might work.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Well, its diameter is 47mm, and mounts such as this "say" for diameters up to 40mm
    Universal Adjustable Bicycle Mount for Flashlights (2cm~4cm Diameter) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
    I reckon with a few larger O rings and a bit of ingenuity, you could mount this no problem. Or, no reason an iPhone/Gps holder + cable ties wouldnt work...?
    Universal Cycling Bike / Motorcycle Plastic Holder + Mount for Cellphone - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
    That (or something similar) would actually work pretty well I think, they generally seem more robust than simple flashlight mounts.
    Hmmmm....thats got me thinking...

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I think you need something more serious than that. Take for example the mount on this light
    Exposure Lights 2016 Maxx D Mk 8 Bicycle Light : Handlebar mounted lights

That first mount you linked probably can't develop enough friction to hold the torque developed by the light as the bike is getting bounced around.

Maybe something like this (I have no experience with that mount)
    Amazon.com : FOME Quick-release Bike Mount ALB-10 : Sports & Outdoors

Or the hope universal cam lever mount as a base
    Hope Universal Handlebar Mount | Chain Reaction Cycles

You would still need to figure out how to mount that to the light itself. Perhaps you could use this
    Amazon.com: VERY100 Barrel Mount Universal 13mm to 21mm with 21mm Single Picatinny /Weaver Rail: Sports & Outdoors

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Also I think the UI (user inteface) for that light is not ideal for biking. Typically you want something with 3 modes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by varider View Post
    Also I think the UI (user inteface) for that light is not ideal for biking. Typically you want something with 3 modes.
    Yep, lack of 3 modes would be kinda crappy. But still as Cat said, it bodes well that an XHP50 unit is available at this price, surely only a matter of time before a proper bike unit is available...just wonder when?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    Not really usable as a bike light because it's so frig'in big. Interesting though but only because it's one of the first uses of the Cree XHP50 in a cheap lamp that I've seen. Would be more interested it they produced one that was an actual bike lamp. The potential is there to produce a small single emitter lamp with a lot of output ( if you have the right driver ). That said I believe Len from MTBrevolution mentioned a while back that Xeccon was intending to produce such a lamp.
    It's not officially released yet but soon. Will list it when I get the OK from Xeccon. Meanwhile you can Google Translate Russian.
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com