I received an Ultrafire CREE XM-L T6 and thought I would provide an evaluation. This is a nice compact flashlight with a really visible light that is zoomable. This probably is a miliitary spec type of build but for $10 dollars this is a hard to beat flashlight. It does in my opinion have some drawbacks but for the money it is a good deal.

Ultrafire CREE XM-L T6 2000LM 3 Modes Zoomable White Flashlight Gun Color - Tmart

Pros: The casing for the flashlight is solid and well done. I like the fact that you can use an 18650, or 3-AAAs to use the flashlight. There is an adapter for both types of batteries. I have a supply of 18650s so that is what Iíve been using with this light. The LED and the driver seem to be solid with no problems. The zooming of the light was smooth and really simple. The ring runs on a small ball-bearing and was greased nicely.

Cons: The threads on this light are not as clean as I would of liked. It is gritty opening and closing the flashlight. Also there seems to be some debris (maybe from the manufacturing process) in the tailcap. Also the lens was slightly chipped on the edge. The switch didnít feel as solid as I would like it to be. Iím not sure how long it will hold up, works great. I just like a more substantial switch.

Opinions: My own personal complaint is that you have to cycle through all the modes to get to a different mode or shut off the flashlight. The other light I have allows you to turn off the light and turn it back on and remain on the same setting, or half-depress the switch to change modes. With the UltraFire, you have to click through all the modes to get to to shut it off or loop again if you missed the mode you want. I would also like a way to toggle between the strobe modes. My current light allows you to be in a 3-mode (no strobes) setting or a 5-mode setting (strobes).

With the Ultrafire, I wish the medium setting was a little dimmer. There was much less difference between the medium and high settings than the low and medium settings. My last personal opinion is that the light is more blue than I normally like, but different people like different spectrums.

This could also be a great commuter light. It is bigger than my convoy but smaller and a better light (lot less spotty) than the TangsFire I was using last year.

Because this is light has the ability to support AAAs, it becomes a good candidate for giving as a gift. None of my friends or family are using 18650s as batteries for flashlights.

Below are picture comparing this light to a convoy light that I built myself. Keep in mind the host was $15 and I had to purchase the driver and the emitter separately. So we are comparing a $25-$30 dollar light with a $10 dollar light.

Hereís a long list of pics to show comparisons.

UltraFire Low Beam: Zoomed to Unzoomed

Convoy Low Beam:

UltraFire Medium Beam: Zoomed to Unzoomed

Convoy Medium Beam:

UltraFire Medium Beam: Zoomed to Unzoomed

Convoy High Beam:

Side by side shot low-medium-high:

Random Build Shots: