Trailtorch TT3000?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Trailtorch TT3000?

Is anyone out there running this light? I'm currently running gloworm X1 v1 on the helmet and X2 v2 on the bars. Looking for more lumens on the bars. My buddy has L&M Seca 1700 and if he is behind me, I'm running in my own shadow a bit.

RAKC
    Glowworm xs would fit the bill too. Doesn't matter what you have for bar light, he's going to great a shadow behind you. You could have 6000 lumens and their will be a shadow because his lumens are still adding to the light your putting out, so where your body isn't blocking his light will be brighter no matter what you do.

Just like having a light with one emitter vs 2 or three emitters the light output increases. He's basically increasing the lumens in front of you but your body is blocking part of them.

Way to help that, use the narrow spot optics on the bars. Need to keep the majority of the lumens where his light is being blocked. Doing this limits the area his light shines to mostly just his lumen output not a big combination of his and yours. Shadow will still be there but will be much less noticeable.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Go for Xeccon Sogn 700 ,from my own experience when you have powerfull lights on the bar we can minimize the shadow behind you if you go on the helmet lights better

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    i am running this light on my bar. It has a wide even beam pattern. Only on high for fast wide open descents. Also great on the helmet.