Trail Gnomes, the night riders worst enemy- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Trail Gnomes, the night riders worst enemy

Sorry, just airing some frustrations here. Had everything ready, batteries all charged, nice weather and perfect trail conditions. I've been waiting for months for a decent day to get a night trail ride in. I got lazy yesterday and decided to wait till today. Anyway, I'm checking the tires when suddenly I realize that the rear wheel isn't moving like it should. At first I'm thinking it was just something stuck in the caliper. Nope, caliper is fine...WTF...the rotor is bent!!...How, the (xxxx) did that happen! Last ride was about a month ago and I'm sure I would of noticed if something had happened to the rear rotor.

Trail Gnomes...the only explanation. They'll take your tire levers, hand pump, flashlight anything you don't ordinarily look for. If not that they'll stick a sharp piece of wood in your tire when you're not looking or loosen a quick release ( the dirty *******s). Now they've hit an all time low. I thought I heard something last night as I was snoozing on the couch. Little beasts had their way with my rear rotor they did. They knew I was riding tonight and snuck inside my house when I had the balcony door open. ...I'll get the little buggers for this. This is hitting below the belt.

Gnomes are never your friend, no matter how nice looking they might look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Trail Gnomes, the night riders worst enemy-gnomes.jpg  

RAKC
    I went out for a group ride last night and had to almost cut it short cause of rear brake issues. One piston was apparently stuck from sitting all winter. Hard to sort out on the trail but thankfully the trail set loops back to the trail head. Set bike on the rack, pulled out a torch and found the problem, fixed it and was a great second half of the ride.

Though cause I caused everyone to wait, had to down my beer at the top instead of enjoying it

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk