Time for a new light- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Time for a new light

It's time to retire my old NiteRider NiMH Dual Halogen Lamp lights. I liked my NiteRider because it was rugged and tolerated rainy weather. But the one thing that I don't like about my old light is when I'm in hi-beams mode, it lasts about 30 minutes.

Time to get something new. I want a light that is tough, works in wet weather and can last in hi-beam mode for more than an hour. I want something that is Made in the USA too. Anyone out there have any recommendations?

BBW
    mtbr member
    start checking the reviews in the review section and then access Niterider online and look through their model to see what you like?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    You can probably find assembled in the USA but a majority of the parts are from overseas so it won't be made in the USA. We live in a global economy though so thinking like that is outdated.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Light On! 900

Checking out some of the reviews on lights. The Light On! 900 caught my eye. I went to
    their website but they didn't offer much information on the 900. Does anyone have the Light On! 900? Any thoughts on this light?

BBW
    mtbr member
    I thought you wanted NR, I misread. Check Dinnote website, made in USA, awesome product

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW
    I thought you wanted NR, I misread. Check Dinnote website, made in USA, awesome product
    The housing maybe but the LEDs, electronics, and the rest are probably from Asia. Osram makes some LEDs in Germany but they aren't really used in cycling products.

Light freak

Hand Made in the USA (with lots of pride)

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Dinotte 880L

I like the 800L by Dinotte.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    This got me thinking.
    When is Dinotte going to come out with something new using the new LED's.
    I'd think that they have to have something in the works.
    Would be nice to have a 800 lumen in the old 200 housing.

BBW
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by syadasti
    The housing maybe but the LEDs, electronics, and the rest are probably from Asia. Osram makes some LEDs in Germany but they aren't really used in cycling products.
    I'm not going to start such a stupid discussion, we already know that the components are made overseas but Dinotte is an excellent USA company and THAT is what matters here

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW
    I'm not going to start such a stupid discussion, we already know that the components are made overseas but Dinotte is an excellent USA company and THAT is what matters here
    Just stating the truth, most of it is assembled, not made in the US.

Very few companies use them, but some companies like Nightlightning have lion batteries from Canada (at least the last battery I had from them was anyways, that was 4 years ago).

A lot of companies do a few minor steps in a complex product so they can claim made in the US, but most of the manufacturing processes are accomplished overseas to keep the cost down.

Members who have read this thread: 0