Is there a differnece between these two Sigma Lights- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Is there a differnece between these two Sigma Lights

The Sigma Power LED Pro Headlight http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...2_10000_200399

And the Sigma Power LED Black Li Ion Headlight http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___57770

I bought the Pro from Nashbar thinking it was a current model and now I wonder if they are the same or not. Sigma seems to only have ONE model of this light.
    Last edited by SlowestPoke; 08-26-2010 at 12:23 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    There's a link on somewhere that shows the Sigma Power Led in a beam shootout with dozens of other lights, including the Magicshine.

Let's just say, do you still have your receipt?

Hell, the $13 Trustfire TR-801 was much more impressive then the Sigma.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Wow, I don't even have it yet, so yes, I will have a receipt. I didn't see the comparisons you mention - any link to bad reviews or comparison would be appreciated greatly before it arrives.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    they are not the same, but similar. one is self contained, the other has the remote battery pack.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    SlowestPoke, here is the link. Now it takes some figuring out how to navigate it, but go to "wet road" and you'll see the Sigma Powerled.

Then check out "dry road" and you'll see lights like the Magischine.

A couple other options that they also use in the comparison are flashlights, like the Trustfire TR-801 and the Spiderfire SSC P7.

The downside of the flashlights is the shorter run time because they use a single battery. Figure about an hour of run time. But I just carry an extra battery and swap it out after an hour. Most of my night rides are 2 hours or less, so it works out fine. But you save a lot of money (Trustfire TR-801 w/2 batteries and charger = approx $30. An SSC P7 flashlight w/2 batteries and chager = approx $50).

And of coure the Magicshine (very popular, 3.5 hrs run time) only $90.

Members who have read this thread: 0