Task Force brightness- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Task Force brightness

For the last year or so I have been using the Lowes Task Force light(the C battery light that was well reviewed a few years ago-I'm using AA rechargeable's in it) for my night rides and I've been pretty happy with it. Now that my riding is taking me farther I'm encountering roads that have less light so I have been looking to upgrade. I'm road rider that has been working up to 1hr/1.5hr rides on street roads (Clydesdale-getting back in shape). Some are well lit and others are not.

There are many choices out there and I'm trying to wade through them all. One thing that's making it tough for me is using my current light as a reference. Anyone know what type of output the Lowes Task force light has? I'm looking at AA lights, Lithium's, P7's, the Magicshine, ect and having some type of number for my current light will help me compare what type of upgrade I'll be getting.

Thank you for your help!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    They upgraded the LED in that flashlight at some point, it's now advertised at a plausible 3W / 150 lumen. The older ones were a Luxeon III, So maybe 100 lm?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I was at Lowes tonight and I did look at the light again. the one I have is the one listed at 150 lumen. That gives me a starting point. Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I also have the upgraded Cree Task Force. I found the beam to be too narrow for my liking as a MTB bar light, but it works OK as a helmet light.

I now use a MagicShine on the bar, and a modded DX 4AA headlamp with a cree P4. The MagicShine is fantastic for the dollars spent. The MS is around 600 lumens actual, and it has a very useful combination of spot and flood.

Members who have read this thread: 0