Strobe mode activated- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    4

    Strobe mode activated

    So my light is supposedly putting out 1800 lumes, an amazing value at the price point of $20. Not sure its as bright as the claim, but I can say it is crazy bright. From what I have learned about battery consumption the strobe burns an equal amount of time as the lowest setting. But ridding with a strobe is so strange and wonderful.

    My first night ride in the city a firetruck flipped its lights in response to me. Every car that passes from either direction slows to a crawl, or tries desperate to get away (I am happy with either outcome).
    The strobe is true greatness.

    Anyone else make a habit of riding at night with the strobe?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    59
    That sounds like it might be dangerous for drivers. Is it directional? Weapon mounted lights are typically "only" in the neighborhood of 500 lumens and can briefly blind a person. 1800 lumens sounds insane. Are you sure people aren't getting blinded by your flashing nuclear atomic beacon of doom?

    Your story kind of reminds me of those HID "cool blue" lights that blind me on the freeway.

    That said, a nice, bright headlight is good to have. I think mine is 400 lumens, nice and directional to light up the ground in front of me. It's got a strobe setting too, but I don't use it.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,208
    Doubtful that a $20 light is putting out 1800 lumens. It's probably some Chinese built thing and it's closer to 200.

    That said, based on the reaction from others, sounds like a good idea to tone it down or be considered a jerk.

    J.

  4. #4
    RAKC
    Reputation: tigris99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,139
    1800 lumen, no way. Id say more like 6-800

    Riding with a powerful strobe like that at night is ILLEGAL in the US. You are "imitating an emergency vehicle". And flashing lights like that is illegal on the road in ALL 50 STATES unless you are an emergency vehicle. Plus your going to get yourself or someone else killed as all that does is blind and disorient people in front of you. Your going to loose a fight with a 2000lb vehicle cause someone is GOING TO TRY TO HIT YOU and by law, you'd still be at fault as the driver of the vehicle was disoriented and unable to see anything.

    YOUR FIRST CLUE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRE TRUCK FLASHING YOU!!! Its not cool or anything else. Its dangerous, inconsiderate and just plain wrong. I commute, when Im driving I give other cyclists all the room I can. BUT SOMEONE LIKE YOU, I WOULD RUN OFF THE ROAD before you got someone killed (thats the mentality of drivers, should have clarified)
    Last edited by tigris99; 03-30-2016 at 07:26 PM.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    4
    You got a penal code to back that up killer?

    I believe it is in the 800 lume range, and it is surprisingly adjustable as to not blind people or motorists. I try not to be on the roads as much as I can because people are crazy as evidenced by that comment. But when I am I want to be seen and have people back off from me. That fire truck was having fun with me, nice crew.

    I live in America, and in America you are on your own.

  6. #6
    RAKC
    Reputation: tigris99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,139
    DOT section 393 for starters. And it's not a "penal code" for DOT regulations.

    Next is (there could be an exception) every state has specifics ratings allowed for any lights that flash, and specific regulations for them. Basically anything brighter than a car blinker/tail light flashing is illegal to have in a flash or strobe mode unless you are an emergency vehicle or specifically DOT licensed vehicle. I know both Iowa and Illinois you will receive a ticket for whatever one of the DOT violations (there's actually several for these lights just at the state, city, and county levels both statute and DOT regulation) if caught using strobe mode after dark. Flash is allowed on the small little cheap things from Walmart that produce a few lumens. That's it.

    Start checking each state, set that light on strobe off in the DMV/DOT building and you'll be explained how and why it's illegal to use on the road.

    A flash or strobe isn't illegal in itself, it's the cande power/lumens that makes these flash modes illegal and dangerous. Doesn't matter if you have it tilted down there is still a hellva glare that dangerous to anyone facing the light.

    Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: znomit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by 1spee View Post
    You got a penal code to back that up killer?
    Can't be too far away with these things becoming ubiquitous.

    And unfortunately its not the law anywhere but...
    How Not to Be a Dick: An Everyday Etiquette Guide: Meghan Doherty: 9781936976027: Amazon.com: Books

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    829
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Its not cool or anything else. Its dangerous, inconsiderate and just plain wrong.
    Exactly.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by 1spee View Post
    I live in America, and in America you are on your own.
    Are you just using this forum to vent? This thread is not going anywhere useful with that attitude.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,208
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    1800 lumen, no way. Id say more like 6-800
    Agreed. If that.

    Riding with a powerful strobe like that at night is ILLEGAL in the US. You are "imitating an emergency vehicle". And flashing lights like that is illegal on the road in ALL 50 STATES unless you are an emergency vehicle.
    In practice yes, but not sure this is entirely correct.

    Plus your going to get yourself or someone else killed as all that does is blind and disorient people in front of you. Your going to loose a fight with a 2000lb vehicle cause someone is GOING TO TRY TO HIT YOU and by law, you'd still be at fault as the driver of the vehicle was disoriented and unable to see anything.
    Lost me here. This is over the top hyperbole. And it's wrong - anyone that would try to hit you is either attempting murder or vehicular manslaughter.

    YOUR FIRST CLUE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRE TRUCK FLASHING YOU!!! Its not cool or anything else. Its dangerous, inconsiderate and just plain wrong. I commute, when Im driving I give other cyclists all the room I can. BUT SOMEONE LIKE YOU, I WOULD RUN OFF THE ROAD before you got someone killed.
    Whoa. Get some professional help soon. Saying this is sick and doing it would be a crime on your part.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,047
    Sorry, but I have a hard time believing anyone would use the strobes on the cheap Chinese lamps to ride at night. Dusk, maybe...night? Not a good idea....Bright strobes are almost hypnotic. Just the reflective bounce would be enough to disorient the rider and to put the rider in danger of "Not seeing what needs to be seen".

    I use a mini flasher at night when on the road. I aim it at an upward angle so it doesn't reflect off the road. It is in all likelyhood maybe 30 lumen when on flicker. My main lamp over-powers it so I don't worry about reflective bounce and it isn't blindingly bright unless you're standing right in front of the bike.

  12. #12
    RAKC
    Reputation: tigris99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,139
    I was simply trying to make a point from the point of view of a driver. I won't actually run someone off the road but you could bet if I had to deal with that I would stop, take the guys light and smash it. Thing is there is A LOT of people out there that would hit a cyclist for doing something that stupid.

    That is one of many reasons drivers end up with road rage against cyclists, because too many cyclists think they can do whatever they want and ignore laws and common sense safety.

    Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    675
    Seriously dangerous stuff. Drivers don't care about cyclists. I can understand your point about wanting to be seen. But doing a full power strobe is inviting some moron to give you problems. Maybe 4000lb problems. Be careful and try toning yr Chinese hyper rated lumen monster down a tad.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,047
    Sometimes it's easy to get emotional over something someone has said or done. Since I drive for a living I've pretty much accepted the fact that "anyone" on or near a road can do some stupid stuff. Motorists, pedestrians, kids, adults, cyclists, cops, road workers.."Me"...yep, I can't be a hypocrite. I do stupid stuff on occasion as well, sometimes "knowingly" ( the shame... ) That said I would not knowingly jeopardize another persons life no matter how pissed off they made me.

    I know there are some loons out there behind the wheel of a car but most people aren't going to go Postal because someone, another motorist, cyclist or pedestrian just does something that they don't like. Most people have common sense ( thankfully ) and not only understand that "two wrongs don't make a right" but that intentionally trying to hurt another person will get you into big time trouble and likely land you in jail.

    Anyway, FWIW I thought I'd play out a likely scenario: A man behind the wheel of a car sees a guy on a bike claiming a section of the road ( legally ) and the guy driving doesn't like this and while passing him side-swipes him which knocks him down while in a rage. Luckily, there are witnesses as well surveillance cameras which ( along with the perpetrator's own cell phone records ) show him as being at the scene of the crime ( which he initially denied ).

    The guy who was driving is shown mercy by the courts because he was a good citizen with no previous record. ( * In court he claimed it was all an accident and ran because he panicked. ). He has his license revoked for two years and thinks he got off the hook...Well, not exactly true. The cyclist ( or his family ) has a good lawyer. They file a case in civil court ( can anyone say, "O.J.".. ) Being a good lawyer the lawyer is able to procure information from the perpetrator's internet records and discovers that the perpetrator has openly stated on public forums that he would , quote, "..gladly run down a cyclist who was riding in the middle of the road"....and so it goes. The lawyer wins and sues the driver of the car for millions of $'s....folks, it happens. His wife divorces him and he loses his house, car, other assets and respect from almost everyone he used to know. His life is changed forever.

    The moral of the story; be careful when driving a motor vehicle. Be careful what you say and where you say it. What goes around does indeed come around ...more often than you think. If the OP wants to use a strobe, let him be a fool. At least no one can claim they won't see him at night.

    BTW, the OP was just trolling...pay it no mind.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,208
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    I was simply trying to make a point from the point of view of a driver. I won't actually run someone off the road but you could bet if I had to deal with that I would stop, take the guys light and smash it. Thing is there is A LOT of people out there that would hit a cyclist for doing something that stupid.

    That is one of many reasons drivers end up with road rage against cyclists, because too many cyclists think they can do whatever they want and ignore laws and common sense safety.

    Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    Then don't make statements of intent like this:

    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    I commute, when Im driving I give other cyclists all the room I can. BUT SOMEONE LIKE YOU, I WOULD RUN OFF THE ROAD before you got someone killed.
    and

    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    or that I would stop, take the guys light and smash it.
    There is nothing that is ambiguous about your statements above and it's very tough to walk something like that back. If I were you, I'd refute this statement categorically right here. And then don't do it again. If you honestly believe these are appropriate actions, then you have a problem that needs help.

    J.

  16. #16
    RAKC
    Reputation: tigris99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,139
    Wow why not mature and stop taking my postings OUT OF CONTEXT. Typical garbage.

    Would I physically hurt another cyclist or anyone for that matter, unless they are trying to hurt me, my kids or others. NO.

    Op came on here bragging about how he was tormenting people in the road, my response was totally justified. He's obviously not someone who can be explained why it's wrong and would change. He's obviously the type that would point it right in my eyes after I politely asked him to change the mode and adjust his light.

    So yes, someone LIKE THE OP I have a problem with and would smash their light. Because they wouldn't understand reason, all they care is their personal entertainment.

    If letting guys Like op do that crap and cause road rage that gets cyclists killed is OK in your book then by all means defend him. But I won't support his actions and will treat him just like the type of person that would make suchs posts.

    Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,208
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Wow why not mature and stop taking my postings OUT OF CONTEXT. Typical garbage.

    Would I physically hurt another cyclist or anyone for that matter, unless they are trying to hurt me, my kids or others. NO.

    Op came on here bragging about how he was tormenting people in the road, my response was totally justified. He's obviously not someone who can be explained why it's wrong and would change. He's obviously the type that would point it right in my eyes after I politely asked him to change the mode and adjust his light.

    So yes, someone LIKE THE OP I have a problem with and would smash their light. Because they wouldn't understand reason, all they care is their personal entertainment.

    If letting guys Like op do that crap and cause road rage that gets cyclists killed is OK in your book then by all means defend him. But I won't support his actions and will treat him just like the type of person that would make suchs posts.

    Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    If you were to grab someone's light and smash it you would have committed one, maybe two crimes - assault and theft. If you want to be on the internet in public view making such declarative statements and leave them there as a record should you ever be in a situation in which you are rightly or wrongly accused of assault or theft , that would not be a great thing for you. But that's your business.

    If you believe it is your place to go out and obtain property that doesn't belong to you by forceful methods and then destroy it, then that's an inappropriate attitude and you need help.

    Finally, you'll probably find it helpful to look up the word "context".

  18. #18
    RAKC
    Reputation: tigris99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,139
    Never said force or anything of the sort dude, get over yourself. But with the number of ppl I deal with that carry the same attitude as the OP, only one thing gets through to them. I've spent my life being nice and understanding and passive. If I'm wrong about the OP (which would be shocking) then it would be a nice change that in fact it was purely innocent. Thus my attitude towards it completely unwarranted and I would have no issues delivering an apology.

    But I am not quite sure where you come up with this stuff you post out of what I type. You ignore 99% of what I actually say, come to your own conclusions then bash me for them.

    Where as I post based on reading something multiple times in some cases.

    Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,208
    You're not understanding. Please reread.

    Most of this discussion was advice to you on how to avoid complicating a future legal problem you could have based on your internet writings and how they would be interpreted. But that's your business. I was reminded again today of how permanent the electronic record is during our job interview process. Few things like this escape a good background check.

    If you think that you can "smash" other people's property if you don't like their behavior, that is a (serious) problem. You will be undoubtedly be surprised when they defend or prosecute you. Good luck with that.

    If that's not what you meant to say then don't say it. Pretty simple.



    J.

  20. #20
    RAKC
    Reputation: tigris99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,139
    Ok first thing I'll say is I'll say your right in one point, my posts being worded poorly in some cases (went back and read them) excuse me for being extremely sick the last few days. My patience for stupidity/lack of common sense is very short. Would have been no problem s had he not been bragging about how cars were responding to his light.

    That said: Op shows malicious intent by bragging about the response from vehicles. That makes it very clear for anyone with common sense that their light is cause distress to drivers.

    At some point people will have had enough and respond agressivily because op is putting lives at serious risk. And he is ammused by it.

    Now coming from the fact I've worked closely with local law enforcement and several are avid cyclists, I know the laws fairly well.

    First the violations I specified are 100% true in both States here (I live in the border in one, work in the other, ride in both).

    Secondly for the fact that OP is showing malicious intent that is putting lives at risk I have all rights, protected by law, to take action to stop it. In this case I have rights to remove his light should he refuse (which is obvious he would not only do, but very possibly respond in some form of aggressive manner) to stop what he's doing.

    As long as no physical aggression is involved unless he was to come at me first, I have broken no laws. I was protecting the safety of other people from someone with life threatening malicious intent. Even if he tried to take me to court, laws in both States protect me from any form of suit he could file.

    And this last part I even asked my neighbor/friend who is a sergeant in the local police dept, this matter would be the same as throwing eggs, rocks or any other form of aggression towards people and traveling vehicles which (not likely to ever happen) can be considered a felony. If it caused a car accident were a person was injured or killed, then it would be a felony.

    Just like a car, a bicycle is to obey DOT regulations as well as local, state and federal statute. And is prosecutable just the same.

    And PS, I know the OP was trolling, which is what made me more irritated. Having a post like that making new riders think that's cool to do is down right STUPID. May not be a shining moment for me in poorly worded responses and not excuseable (I'll go back and correct where I think I need to). But guys like that do need some sense knocked into them. And FYI no physical contact or harm is needed to get someone off the road, simply blocking their path abruptly works quite well with nothing more than they piss themselves.

    Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,208
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Ok first thing I'll say is I'll say your right in one point, my posts being worded poorly in some cases (went back and read them) excuse me for being extremely sick the last few days. My patience for stupidity/lack of common sense is very short. Would have been no problem s had he not been bragging about how cars were responding to his light.

    That said: Op shows malicious intent by bragging about the response from vehicles. That makes it very clear for anyone with common sense that their light is cause distress to drivers.

    At some point people will have had enough and respond agressivily because op is putting lives at serious risk. And he is ammused by it.

    Now coming from the fact I've worked closely with local law enforcement and several are avid cyclists, I know the laws fairly well.

    First the violations I specified are 100% true in both States here (I live in the border in one, work in the other, ride in both).

    Secondly for the fact that OP is showing malicious intent that is putting lives at risk I have all rights, protected by law, to take action to stop it. In this case I have rights to remove his light should he refuse (which is obvious he would not only do, but very possibly respond in some form of aggressive manner) to stop what he's doing.

    As long as no physical aggression is involved unless he was to come at me first, I have broken no laws. I was protecting the safety of other people from someone with life threatening malicious intent. Even if he tried to take me to court, laws in both States protect me from any form of suit he could file.

    And this last part I even asked my neighbor/friend who is a sergeant in the local police dept, this matter would be the same as throwing eggs, rocks or any other form of aggression towards people and traveling vehicles which (not likely to ever happen) can be considered a felony. If it caused a car accident were a person was injured or killed, then it would be a felony.

    Just like a car, a bicycle is to obey DOT regulations as well as local, state and federal statute. And is prosecutable just the same.

    And PS, I know the OP was trolling, which is what made me more irritated. Having a post like that making new riders think that's cool to do is down right STUPID. May not be a shining moment for me in poorly worded responses and not excuseable (I'll go back and correct where I think I need to). But guys like that do need some sense knocked into them. And FYI no physical contact or harm is needed to get someone off the road, simply blocking their path abruptly works quite well with nothing more than they piss themselves.

    Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
    You won't get in trouble if someone gives you their light to smash and is not under duress. Correct. Let me know if this ever happens.

    It's far fetched that anyone is going to look at a bike light strobe as a weapon and malicious. Most LEOs would just tell them to stop it.

    J.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,047
    tigress, we don't need to promote vigilante justice. It just doesn't cut it in modern times. That kind of stuff only works for fictional stories on TV or in movies. In the real world people who do that kind of stuff will quickly find themselves with major legal problems.

    About the opening post; trollers start posts like this in an attempt to anger someone into saying something stupid. As much as I disliked what the OP'er said about his strobe light I'm still going to put it in it's proper perspective. When I drive at night I encounter SUPER bright strobes all the time. They are indeed used by law enforcement and EMV's. If you get behind one of these at night you have to slow down, use your visor, look in another direction or you might hit something. Regardless, if the powers that be think that the output of these lights are justified and no danger to the public ( a wrong idea IMO ), then I have to live with it. The guy with the bright strobe on the side of the road while a nuisance isn't going to be near the nuisance as the police or EMV who have their lamps flashing/ strobing directly in front of you ( and in your direct line of sight ). It pains me to defend the guy in the OP but only because I don't want anyone to think you can take the law into your own hands when you think something is wrong.

    Tigris, put the shoe on the other foot. Suppose you, your wife or your son/ daughter were to be riding down the road at night and some guy drives up beside them at a traffic light, gets out of his vehicle , begins to cuss them out and then tries to take their bike or their lamps or whatever. I'm sure you wouldn't want someone to do that to your loved ones just because the guy driving the car thought the cyclist's lights were too bright ( or something else just as stupid ).

    Going forward, if someone does something you think is stupid or dangerous, take only appropriate action. Don't try to police the public yourself because it's not a good idea. Not only does it sometimes make the matter worse but people have been killed doing what you have suggested. We have people trained to enforce the laws ( who know the law ) and that's what we pay them for.

    Anyway, hopefully you ( we ) can put this behind us and move on. The troller got what he wanted. Unfortunately some reputations were damaged during this discussion. Let's fix that, move on and talk about lights again.
    Last edited by Cat-man-do; 04-01-2016 at 10:47 PM.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MaximusHQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    669
    This thread is entertaining. I don't like when cyclists strobe their front lights at night, but it doesn't warrant tackling the guy and wrapping his bike around his neck or anything similar lol. I really don't believe Tigris was talking serious about what he would do to the guy or his light, I think he was just saying what he would feel like doing. I don't see many cyclists using front strobe at night around here, usually just a rear flashing red tail light. One guy used to strobe up the bike path at night which is really annoying and dangerous to others coming towards him. When cycling towards him I just cranked my lights up to high to counter his strobing. Maybe he got the point, maybe not, but at least I could see to get past him.

    Most of the regulars on this forum have some seriously bright lights that can easily compete with the average Joe's bike light. I don't have the brightest lights out now by far, but I have a minimum of 3,000 actual lumens between the bar and helmet lights and have yet to come across another cyclist with brighter lights. Maybe there is, but they are considerate enough not to blast myself and others with full output.

    Anyway, it doesn't hurt to be considerate to others cyclists, motorists, pedestrians out there. Be safe!

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,047
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusHQ View Post
    ... I really don't believe Tigris was talking serious about what he would do to the guy or his light, I think he was just saying what he would feel like doing....
    One would hope...but seriously, I generally take people at their word. Regardless, I have a strong abhorrence to to any reference to aggressive and/or violent behavior when it comes to cycling, even if the cyclist is doing something stupidly wrong. It just puts a bad overtone to the forum.


    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusHQ View Post
    ...I don't see many cyclists using front strobes at night around here, usually just a rear flashing red tail light. One guy used to strobe up the bike path at night which is really annoying and dangerous to others coming towards him. When cycling towards him I just cranked my lights up to high to counter his strobing. Maybe he got the point, maybe not, but at least I could see to get past him...
    Actually I don't think I've ever seen another cyclist using a high powered strobe at night. I think that's because most people would find the "hypnotic feedback effect" very disorienting. Not to mention that most people would have the common sense to KNOW that a HIGH powered strobe is complete overkill. *Anyone that would use a high powered strobe on a bike path is a complete idiot. ( * A Captain Obvious approved statement.. ) Likely if I encountered someone doing that I would just turn my head, utter some trite verbiage as I passed.. BUT... if I encountered the same person everyday doing the same thing I would likely try to engage the person in polite conversation and then let them know that what they are doing is wrong and very, very irritating to anyone that they are approaching. Anything over 100 lumens is just too much for bike path use. Anyway, diplomacy doesn't always work but it's always the thing I'll try first.

    The person with the opening post didn't mention the totality of the environment in which he was using the strobe. If he was using the strobe in an urban environment with a lot of bright overhead lighting, that might help explain why he was using it. Otherwise I can't see why any sane person would use just a strobe for riding down a completely dark street.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusHQ View Post
    ....Anyway, it doesn't hurt to be considerate to others cyclists, motorists, pedestrians out there. Be safe!
    Courtesy....while it doesn't always work in every situation it is amazing at how well it will in most.

    "Every human being is entitled to courtesy and consideration. Constructive criticism is not only to be expected but sought". Margaret Chase Smith

  25. #25
    RAKC
    Reputation: tigris99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,139
    Trust me my "feelings" and what I actually do beyond yell are 2 different things. But as that Joe idiot above keeps missing, is ya this was "feelings" (seriously get a clue guy). Not my brightest moment Ill admit. I have no issues yelling at ANYONE being dumb. Much more than that, not really, not since i had kids and learned to be more understanding and patience lol.

    But things happen, I blew off steam on some idiot, accidentily gave him the reaction he was looking for, started a debate that I was right and wrong all in the same breath but live and learn. Do our thing and let natural selection/karma deal with people like that.

    And Cat, just for an example of my "compassion" (to show Im not all bad ) tuesday I left work early cause I was so sick I could barely breathe without coughing, sweating bullets while freezing my tail off (it was 70 degs at work). As I was going to pull out of the parking lot, a guy on a bicycle that was obviously mentally challenged (I hope thats the correct term today) had his chain fall off while crossing in front of me. He had no idea what to do short of take the metal guard off. Felt bad for the guy and while hacking my brains out, still put it back on for him before I left for home.

    So Im not completely heartless Just occasional temper issues where brain to mouth (and hands in this case) sensor wiring gets a short.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Cat-man-do's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    6,047
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    Trust me my "feelings" and what I actually do beyond yell are 2 different things. But as that Joe idiot above keeps missing, is ya this was "feelings" (seriously get a clue guy). Not my brightest moment Ill admit. I have no issues yelling at ANYONE being dumb. Much more than that, not really, not since i had kids and learned to be more understanding and patience lol.

    But things happen, I blew off steam on some idiot, accidentily gave him the reaction he was looking for, started a debate that I was right and wrong all in the same breath but live and learn. Do our thing and let natural selection/karma deal with people like that.

    And Cat, just for an example of my "compassion" (to show Im not all bad ) tuesday I left work early cause I was so sick I could barely breathe without coughing, sweating bullets while freezing my tail off (it was 70 degs at work). As I was going to pull out of the parking lot, a guy on a bicycle that was obviously mentally challenged (I hope thats the correct term today) had his chain fall off while crossing in front of me. He had no idea what to do short of take the metal guard off. Felt bad for the guy and while hacking my brains out, still put it back on for him before I left for home.

    So Im not completely heartless Just occasional temper issues where brain to mouth (and hands in this case) sensor wiring gets a short.
    Hope you feel better. Where I work there were some people out with some kind of conjestive chest bug going around.

    Well, you have kids so that explains a lot. Sometimes some people have a hard time getting out of "child corrective mode" when dealing with other people's problems. It happens. We all make mistakes. Hopefully the others who commented will accept what you're saying here as a retraction of what you said earlier and that you have no intention of jumping some person on a bike if you don't like his light, strobe or otherwise.

    ...And now hopefully, we can all relax and forget that day when everything seemed to go wrong and foot-in-mouth syndrome took us by surprise. For all those days they have a special song, smile and have a nice day.

  27. #27
    RAKC
    Reputation: tigris99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,139
    Damn can't figure out how to give rep on my phone lol. That song so fit me and my week lol. To add to it now, my 2 yr old is dealing with this bug. He isn't as strong as I am but he's giving it hell lol. And testing our patience while he's at it.

    My mentality and reactions aren't fully "child correction mentality". Some here know, some don't, but in any case: last October I lost the one woman who would rival my wife in how much she meant to me. My best friend since school, " sister ", and much more years ago, and a single mom of 3; to a dumb a$$ who was being ignorant regarding others on the road. So that runs through my head every time I hear or read of someone doing something stupid. So that anger is something I can't always keep in check.

    I'm not making the way I came across as excuseable, I could have done it better. Certain things with me are like playing with a bottle of nitro-glycerin. One wrong move and boom. Something I'm trying to get a grip on again.

    Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-28-2014, 05:46 PM
  2. Deal Alert - Cheap MS 808E Clone 4 mode (H-M-L-Hidden Strobe) on Ebay
    By garrybunk in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-24-2014, 07:01 AM
  3. giant reign float shock climb mode feels same as descend mode
    By mobilenemo in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 03:26 PM
  4. strobe ...
    By androgen in forum Lights and Night Riding
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2013, 07:05 AM
  5. Voltron Transformation Complete, Ti SS activated.
    By 29or6to4 in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2012, 11:10 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.