Some Love for Niterider’s Customer Service- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Some Love for Niterider’s Customer Service

I bought a couple of Luminas a few years ago when I was looking to upgrade my old “system”, which was really just a Minewt and my old Petzl climbing headlamp. I loved the idea of a self-contained unit. No more wires, use it as flashlight, etc.

I looked at Exposure and Lupine. Really cool but pricey and hard to find, even on line back then. So I decided on the Luminas; I’m in San Diego, so I love the local vibe of the company, plus the lights seemed so cool, especially at the price point. I bought a 750, promptly lost it in Vegas and bought an 850 and 850 Micra.

The problem was that on each one, the little rails on the bottom that hold the light to the mount eventually cracked at the end on each unit. They wouldn’t stay on the mount. So, I telephoned NiteRider’s customer service. Low and behold, someone answered the phone!

An actual person. I told her my situation. Without any hesitation, she said she’d mail me out replacement bodys for both lights. No questions asked, no run around. When I gave her my address, she said “oh, your local. You can come by if you want and we’ll swap the bodys out for you.” I knew if I chose that option, life would get in the way and I’d never end up going, so I opted to have them mailed, but I thought the offer was pretty cool. The replacements showed up the next day in the mail.

I’m hoping the new bodys don’t have the same issue but, regardless, I thought the customer service deserved a shout out.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I had a similar experience with my tail light. NiteRider exchanged it, no receipt (I received it as a gift), and sent me a new one to replace it. Got to love lifetime guarantees that manufacturers actually honor.

I have also had a similar experience with Blackburn, when a strap to one of their lights snapped. They sent me a new one right away.

...and Specialized, who replaced my 11 month old shoes because one of the eyelets had failed - albeit that required the receipt and my LBS did all the legwork.

Lots of good manufacturers in this industry who honor the promises they offer and have chosen to trust their customers. Makes me happy to do business with them.

mtbr member
    I've had various niterider products for years and they have always been great when repairs are needed. No BS, if not covered by warranty the prices are very reasonable and they have a quick turnaround time.
    12 Santa Cruz Heckler
    18 Kona Process 153 AL/DL (27.5)...:thumbsup:

Bikesexual
    I will chime in, I had an issue with my 900 boost, sent it less than 10 days ago, it arrived yesterday.

No questions asked. Nothing like good customer service.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit