Six Pack- Mtbr.com

Thread: Six Pack

mtbr member
    IBEX Sports
    Importer / Distributor for Exposure Lights, U.S.E. and VDO Cycle computers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Any other changes to the Exposure lights line-up in the upcoming future?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Gotta love self contained units! And the lumix outtage generally keeps rising across the industry.

Price though, me no likey.

mtbr member

Steve, will this light work with riser bars? As big as it is I can't help wondering if it will clear without hitting something.

Ya' know I was gonna suggest selling these with stick-on beer can labels ( of consumer choice ) but I suppose that might hamper cooling. Heavens, you wouldn't want the beer...( I mean the LED's ) to get too warm.

One last question: Does it come with the Keg to recharge it? Yeah I know this makes me look like a smart a$$ but sometimes I just can't help myself...

Its got what plants crave
    Wow, that thing is pretty huge. Still, maybe it's worth it to get almost 2k lumens and gobbs of run time. I wonder what price range we are talking here, and if the pricing on the Max-D will come down?
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by punkaccountant
    Any other changes to the Exposure lights line-up in the upcoming future?
    Sorry for the delayed response on this one guys, I've been on vacation & still am, but back in the email and web world.

This Six Pack is new to me and I've only just learned about it through this article. Exposure is usually pretty tight lipped about new products. I am pretty excited about this one, though heavy, I think it's going to be a fantastic product, anxious to learn more for sure.

@punkaccountant I am not aware of any other changes at the moment, but I am sure there will be some additions to the line and a couple more surprises.

@Cat-man-do I don't see why it wouldn't work with risers...? The clamps set the lights up a fair amount. I'll see if I can get some specs from the boys in the UK when I get back into the office tomorrow.

@Jim311 & Chromagftw Pricing is yet to be determined and even the price mentioned in the article could change. We'll see as the product release gets closer. I will also inquire about this in the coming days.

All the best,
    Steve
    Last edited by IBEX Sports; 06-15-2010 at 01:32 PM.
    IBEX Sports

Its got what plants crave
    I guess I'd like to see the prices come down on the Diablo and some of the other bar mounted options and then I'd buy. The Diablo would be perfect for these summer months when I won't be out much more than an hour anyway, and as a supplement to bar mounted options for longer night rides. I am getting tired of bulky mounts, wires, and messing with battery packs for these shorter rides. I may be on board with you guys pretty soon, when my frustration outweighs my dollar concerns, haha.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Still waiting on an "all in one" self contained rear light solution from you guys with hopefully an innovated quick release seatpost clamp similar to your great handlebar clamp/mounts. Not a fan of wires for any of my lights.

Any word/rumors about this?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurenuff
    Still waiting on an "all in one" self contained rear light solution from you guys with hopefully an innovated quick release seatpost clamp similar to your great handlebar clamp/mounts. Not a fan of wires for any of my lights.

Any word/rumors about this?
    The FLARE is coming this fall / late summer.
    http://www.londoncyclesport.com/inde...ews&Itemid=102

Steve
    IBEX Sports

mtbr member
    Wow! 1800 lumens! $720 bucks! Over the top on several levels. Is that 6 Cree LED's in one bundle? I imagine it warms up pretty good.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    1800 lumens is crazy bright. I run my MaxxD on medium and it's plenty bright for me. I'm not into wires either. It's not the wires really, it's where to put the darn battery. The hassle isn't worth it, especially if you need to remove both the light and battery because you don't want it stolen.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    I guess I'd like to see the prices come down on the Diablo and some of the other bar mounted options and then I'd buy. The Diablo would be perfect for these summer months when I won't be out much more than an hour anyway, and as a supplement to bar mounted options for longer night rides. I am getting tired of bulky mounts, wires, and messing with battery packs for these shorter rides. I may be on board with you guys pretty soon, when my frustration outweighs my dollar concerns, haha.
    I agree with you 100% Jim. I like Exposure lights but the cost issue for me outweighs the benefits of eliminating the extra battery packs, wires, etc. It is a moral dilemma for me as well...I prefer something "not made in China" but I cannot ignore my family's budget.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I like the idea of a self contained unit like that, but I can't help but wonder if that center emitter is gonna cook itself eventually. I mean the thing isn't exactly aggressive in the cooling design.

It's nice that LED's are getting cheaper, smaller, and brighter...but I think you could spend some time building a reflector similar to the Romisen 4-LED flashlight or the TrustFire TR-1200 torch...(or go with 4 seperate reflectors)...and get the same beam intensity over the six emitters with optics.

This way, you could either get longer runtime or just go with some smaller batteries and ditch the Kegger appearance and do a flat/ in-line 4.

What is the length and diameter of this unit?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    It can't run at 1000mA for 3 hours on six 2450mAH 18650's, Exposure's current cell capacity, likely closer to 700-800mA, so it shouldn't get that hot. Lupine are claiming 1750-1800 lm with each LED drawing 1000mA, with 7 XP-G R4's (might be R5's) and I think they are allowing for optical and operational temperature losses. When Exposure release full specs, the truth will be revealed, or can be worked out. Nice touch on their website, showing their current light specs, wish others would be so clear.

The beer barrel shape absolutely begs for some limited edition designs.

Minor longstanding grumbles about marketing claims aside, the Six Pack should be mighty bright and way more than most of us will ever need.

But its never about what we need, is it...

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I also wonder how beefy of a mount the thing would require to keep it rigid so it doesn't have that annoying vibrating/wobbly appearance when you start hitting bumps. all that weight hanging off center toward the back...this is why I like my battery pack seperate from the head for a bike light. All-in-one units aren't exactly a new thing...they're called flashlights.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chelboed
    I also wonder how beefy of a mount the thing would require to keep it rigid so it doesn't have that annoying vibrating/wobbly appearance when you start hitting bumps. all that weight hanging off center toward the back...this is why I like my battery pack seperate from the head for a bike light. All-in-one units aren't exactly a new thing...they're called flashlights.
    The Exposure bar clamps are rock solid, absolutely zero wobble or vibration. This unit will use the same clamps and be as solid as the current models.
    IBEX Sports

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chelboed
    What is the length and diameter of this unit?
    We don't have official production specs just yet, but I will let you know as we find out more.

Steve
    IBEX Sports

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] Lights USA
    The Exposure bar clamps are rock solid, absolutely zero wobble or vibration. This unit will use the same clamps and be as solid as the current models.

I'm kinda anxious to see one of these buggers first hand now. (I'm a geek)

mtbr member
    I can vouch for the exposure bar mount being great, I use them on all of my DIY lights.

Members who have read this thread: 0