Serfas battery adapter compatibility- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Serfas battery adapter compatibility

Anyone know it Serfas' adapter fits other battery packs? I wanted to use it with my magicshine pack (mj 808u)but didn't want to waste the $ if it didnt work. The connections look similar. Link below.....gracias

Serfas adapter
    https://www.serfas.com/products/view/861

My current light
    https://www.amazon.com/MagicShine-MJ.../dp/B009GSLUR4

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Looking at that page it's hard to say. Does the adapter slide in as a battery replacement in the lighthead? What's the voltage on the battery of the Serfas light. I bet it's 3.7V

The battery that came with your magicshine is 3.7*2=7.4V . So that would not be compatible.

Just to be clear, I don't have any direct knowledge of either the Serfas light or the adapter.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    The stock battery is listed as a 1 cell and does slide into the light head and is 3.7v. I was looking at the website description and lists that their 4 cell battery is compatible with the battery adapter so it confused me even more. It doesn't say whether the battery can run off a larger battery pack or not. I think I will email their customer service and see what they say. Thank you!

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    EDITED SEE BELOW:

I originally wrote a post stating that it should work fine as the BAT-4 appears to be a 6600mAh 7.4V battery which is used in some other Serfas lights. However I've changed my view on this because I just found the battery spec which states:

INPUT : 8.4VDC 1.5A
    RATING : 7.4V 6600mAh
    48.84 Whr
    RATING : 3.7V 13200mAh
    OUTPUT : 5.0VDC 1A

Now I don't know if they are just giving the native capacity of the cells at 3.7V 13200mAh or whether they are saying that the battery contains a circuit to switch between series and parallel operation and be able to deliver either 3.7v or 7.4v according to what light is plugged in to it.

A battery that could switch in that way is unusual and is something I've never seen before but it could be possible and might mean that using a 7.4v battery on your light could damage it.

It is most probable that it is just a normal 7.4v battery and that using a different brand would be fine, but I wouldn't chance it before finding out and I'd be interested to see what Serfas have to say.

Thanks,
    Oli.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    While the single cell standard battery is 3.7V nominal, it is very possible that the driver in your light will work with a 2S (7.4V nominal) battery. Serfas will have to verify that for you. If the light were disassembled and the driver exposed, a sharp electronics tech could figure out what would work, but better to let Serfas say.
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html