Selling Phantom for Magicshine...- Mtbr.com
    Bear

Selling Phantom for Magicshine...

Currently ride with two 20W Jet Phantom Halogens.

Thinking of selling them and picking up a 1400/900 magicshine combo.

Has anybody made a similar switch that can comment on amount of light, beam pattern, size, quality etc. compared to the Jet Phantom?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    i junked my niterider 32 watt halogen for the MS 900's - you won't be sorry in terms of light intensity - battery life - and $cheapness of initial product and after parts ! etc

Do It Yourself
    It would definitely be an upgrade. Phantom only burns about 2 hrs on high where as the MS is about 3.5 hours on high. The battery on the Phantom is huge and heavy vs. the MS battery is tiny and light. They both have similar medium beam patterns (bright center hotspot with good fill). Brightness should be at least comparable between the two although I wouldn't put this high on the list as both have enough light output. I don't know if your Phantom had the smart switch but I think brightness adjustment is a big feature. The MS even on medium is more than adequate for general riding and greatly extends the burn time. The MS low power setting is good for a work light when you're stopped to dig through your pack or work on the bike. Overall, it's a good light and you can't beat the price. However, I wouldn't buy the Magicshine 1400 just because it's fugly. But that's just me.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    actually the 1400 is pretty small hence to me looks ok, otherwise ya personally it would look like Mickey Mouse with a light shining out his mouth )

I'm thinking if you wrap a strip of black tape around the whole thing it might look less 'eary'

Members who have read this thread: 0