Secondary bar mount light- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Secondary bar mount light

Using a Magicshine on my helmet as my primary and love it. Just looking for a self contained bar mount like the NiteRider Lumina 350. Basically looking to spend less than 85 and really don't need more than 200 lumens since the beam will be focused down a bit. A strong mount is a must and one where the light can "slide" on and off the mount is ideal. Any other suggestions/recomendations.
    Salsa Timberjack 27+
    Niner Jet 9
    Misfit diSSent 1x11

mtbr member
    anybody?
    Salsa Timberjack 27+
    Niner Jet 9
    Misfit diSSent 1x11

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    How do you like your helmet light? I'm thinking of buying a self contained light for my helmet to lessen the weight. How is it riding with both the battery and light on your lid?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pascale27 View Post
    Using a Magicshine on my helmet as my primary and love it. Just looking for a self contained bar mount like the NiteRider Lumina 350. Basically looking to spend less than 85 and really don't need more than 200 lumens since the beam will be focused down a bit. A strong mount is a must and one where the light can "slide" on and off the mount is ideal. Any other suggestions/recomendations.
    You are telling me the banner ads on the right are not effective. Cateye Nano is everything you are looking for, and a bit more. Pick one up in Amazon for $81.

Leonard
    Leonard - All things Xeccon + Beyond
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sillywantos View Post
    How do you like your helmet light? I'm thinking of buying a self contained light for my helmet to lessen the weight. How is it riding with both the battery and light on your lid?
    Actually put the battery in my Camelbak. The MagicShine hasn't let me down yet. I did get one with the newer battery packs. Some of the older ones had issues.
    Salsa Timberjack 27+
    Niner Jet 9
    Misfit diSSent 1x11

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeccon View Post
    You are telling me the banner ads on the right are not effective. Cateye Nano is everything you are looking for, and a bit more. Pick one up in Amazon for $81.

Leonard
    Saw it. But was looking for something with a bit more user feedback. Might just pick up the lumina.
    Salsa Timberjack 27+
    Niner Jet 9
    Misfit diSSent 1x11

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pascale27 View Post
    Saw it.
    Good choice. Apologies if I offended in any way. My comment came out wrong.

Leonard
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    The Cygolite Expilion 350 does what you want, has a removable battery for longer run times and has even more output...or...you could just buy a good torch for about $35, a couple batteries, a mount and a charger...maybe $60 in all and have the added advantage of getting a duel use product. ...( ...ie...camping, around the house...etc )

mtbr member
    Good choice. Apologies if I offended in any way. My comment came out wrong.

Leonard
    Wasn't offended. Looks nice but the lumen per dollar ratio seems a bit off
    Salsa Timberjack 27+
    Niner Jet 9
    Misfit diSSent 1x11

mtbr member

Leonard
    Banner ads what freaking Banner ads, my banner blocker blocks everything...

Hey Len, maybe he wasn't interested in the Cateye Nano but I am. I don't know why but right now I have a fascination with the mini self-contained lights. This is the first one I've seen with a claimed output of 250 lumen. Depending on the beam pattern and throw I might like to own one of these if the output is legit.

Personally I think these are going to appeal to a lot of people, particularly the weight-weenie roadie ( in all of us ) who just wants something to get himself home after the sun goes down yet still provide enough light to actually ride by. The more light they can get out of the smallest form-factor ( to help relieve bar clutter ), is something that I am watching for.
    Last edited by Cat-man-do; 09-02-2012 at 09:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    The Cygolite Expilion 350 does what you want, has a removable battery for longer run times and has even more output...or...you could just buy a good torch for about $35, a couple batteries, a mount and a charger...maybe $60 in all and have the added advantage of getting a duel use product. ...( ...ie...camping, around the house...etc )
    thanks for the recomendation, this defiantely fits the bill. Just ordered it.
    Salsa Timberjack 27+
    Niner Jet 9
    Misfit diSSent 1x11

mtbr member
    Banner ads what freaking Banner ads, my banner blocker blocks everything...

Hey Len, maybe he wasn't interested in the Cateye Nano but I am. I don't know why but right now I have a fascination with the mini self-contained lights. This is the first one I've seen with a claimed output of 250 lumen. Depending on the beam pattern and throw I might like to own one of these if the output is legit.

Personally I think these are going to appeal to a lot of people, particularly the weight-weenie roadie ( in all of us ) who just wants something to get him home after the sun goes down yet still provide enough light to actual ride by. The more light they can get out of a small footprint ( to help relieve bar clutter ), is something that I am watching for.
    Good idea to block out those annoying banner ads. I was making a stupid joke about the ads being "invisible" and it sounded really silly afterwards.

Yes, the Nano looks impressive. I mean, it's Cateye, so anything Cat has to be legit - no, I was talking about Caterpillar. 250 lumens is impressive if indeed true as you pointed. I am looking at their new lights with interest namely their new Sumo 2 and Sumo 3. lights. I've used Cateye for years before LEDs came along so I know how bombproof they are. I still have them like I said before. Maybe I should take them out for a beamshot comparison to know how low my high standards were back then..

We are definitely looking into a self contained light. There is a commuter market which hates external batteries, velcro and cables.

Leonard
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    I don't know why but right now I have a fascination with the mini self-contained lights. This is the first one I've seen with a claimed output of 250 lumen. Depending on the beam pattern and throw I might like to own one of these if the output is legit.
    You would have seen this one but if you didn't check out the Nano Shot+. Funny thing is some products are quoted in lumens or cd and sometimes both. Sure you'll agree claimed output of 600 lumens for 1.5 hours is impressive for a self contained light.
    mtbRevolution.com

mtbr member
    If you like Magicshine, I'd consider 808E for the bar. Get the quick release bar mount and a wide angle lens. It's not self contained, but you would have the advantage of having a standard battery and charger for your system. It's also more power than you need, but if your helmet failed, you would be really happy to have it.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    After 3 years, twice a week nite ride I can't say enough about the Dinotte Bros. (2 man Company) lights. Nice guys, supper warenty service. Thier disign criterier includded cheap batteries, AA rechargeables for about $10 run at 200 lumen for about 2.5 hours the first year & 2 hours the next 2 years. Tough product...I must say this about that I will always use a handle bar light and a helmet light. The changing shaow shape from the 2 lamps revels depth perception. With 1 light the root or rock does not show it's size. it could be 2" tall or 6". Saftey is no accident!....Muddog P.S MTBR light shoot out is accurate. See it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scruz muddog View Post
    After 3 years, twice a week nite ride I can't say enough about the Dinotte Bros. (2 man Company) lights. Nice guys, supper warenty service. Thier disign criterier includded cheap batteries, AA rechargeables for about $10 run at 200 lumen for about 2.5 hours the first year & 2 hours the next 2 years. Tough product...I must say this about that I will always use a handle bar light and a helmet light. The changing shaow shape from the 2 lamps revels depth perception. With 1 light the root or rock does not show it's size. it could be 2" tall or 6". Saftey is no accident!....Muddog P.S MTBR light shoot out is accurate. See it.
    Just a heads up....This is a double post. You already posted the exact same thing in another thread. In case you didn't know this is against forum rules....FYI

mtbr member
    No rides yet but, it's small, lite and passed the "garage test" with flying colors. Secondary bar mount light-imageuploadedbytapatalk1347071742.620322.jpgSecondary bar mount light-imageuploadedbytapatalk1347071765.818660.jpgSecondary bar mount light-imageuploadedbytapatalk1347071798.020071.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Salsa Timberjack 27+
    Niner Jet 9
    Misfit diSSent 1x11

mtbr member
    Got 2 "dusk" rides with this light. Basically until needed some additional light. Ride w/o helmet light since I wasn't going to be ridin in total darkness. Unit is light and small taking little bar space. Bar mount is solid, easy to adjust in the fly, ditched the bar pads in favor of tube strips wrapped on the bar. Throws a good amount of light and wide beam. Lumen count seems accurate. This light seems like if would perfect as a solo for commuting. Love that it's cordless might think of selling the Magicshine and going cordless for the helmet as well.
    Salsa Timberjack 27+
    Niner Jet 9
    Misfit diSSent 1x11

Members who have read this thread: 0