Seca 2500 sale- Mtbr.com

Thread: Seca 2500 sale

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Seca 2500 sale

Just wanted to let everyone know that "Brands Cycle and Fitness" is having a sale on the Seca 2500 (Race and Enduro) PLUS an additional 15% off with the discount code "Access15." The discount code ends in 2 days.

(I just purchased two Race models for $450 to replace my Outbound Road and Trail.)

Light freak
    What did you not like about the Outbound lights?

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Are you selling the outbound?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scar View Post
    What did you not like about the Outbound lights?

I have the same question. What don't you like about the Outbound Lights?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sptimmy43 View Post
    I have the same question. What don't you like about the Outbound Lights?
    Things that I don't like about the Outbound Road and Trail (both handlebar-mounted): striations or "streaks" in the beam pattern (subtle, but noticeable); insufficient throw for faster downhills; rapid step-down in brightness levels due to the overly-aggressive thermal management programming. (Although Outbound is offering to update the thermal management programming for free, they require that the customer pay for shipping.)

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that my night vision isn't great. Their lights may very well be bright enough for you and the type of riding you do. Also, I've gone through many light systems over the years and tend to be overly picky. We'll see if the Secas satisfy me for more than a year or two!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stu06 View Post
    Things that I don't like about the Outbound Road and Trail (both handlebar-mounted): striations or "streaks" in the beam pattern (subtle, but noticeable); insufficient throw for faster downhills; rapid step-down in brightness levels due to the overly-aggressive thermal management programming. (Although Outbound is offering to update the thermal management programming for free, they require that the customer pay for shipping.)

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that my night vision isn't great. Their lights may very well be bright enough for you and the type of riding you do. Also, I've gone through many light systems over the years and tend to be overly picky. We'll see if the Secas satisfy me for more than a year or two!
    Definitely interested in what you think of the Seca's compared to the Outbound lights (and any of the other lights you've used). Will be nice to have some information on the current L&M Seca's to add to our database!
    Mole

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    Definitely interested in what you think of the Seca's compared to the Outbound lights (and any of the other lights you've used). Will be nice to have some information on the current L&M Seca's to add to our database!
    Mole
    I've ridden with my new Secas (helmet plus handlebar-mounted) 3-4 times weekly for the past 2 weeks now and I'm pleased to say that this is the best combination I've ever had.

Although reviewers have commented that the Seca does not have a hot spot, in reality it does, although the largish hot spot blends well with the diffuse spread of light provided by the lower LED. There's adequate throw for downhills, but I still need to supplement them with a bar-mounted Betty R for faster downhills due to my poor night vision. What I like most about this combination (compared with my Outbounds) is the smoothness of the beam--there are no distracting striations.

The one advantage of the Outbounds, however, is their light tint, which is just about perfect. I don't particularly care for the cooler tint of the Secas but their many advantages easily outweigh this one disadvantage.

One last point: I've decided against using a bar-mounted light with a cutoff beam, as I've found that it's more useful to use the helmet light exclusively when riding to/from the trails. Go figure.

mtbr member
    I've ridden with my new Secas (helmet plus handlebar-mounted) 3-4 times weekly for the past 2 weeks now and I'm pleased to say that this is the best combination I've ever had.

Although reviewers have commented that the Seca does not have a hot spot, in reality it does, although the largish hot spot blends well with the diffuse spread of light provided by the lower LED. There's adequate throw for downhills, but I still need to supplement them with a bar-mounted Betty R for faster downhills due to my poor night vision. What I like most about this combination (compared with my Outbounds) is the smoothness of the beam--there are no distracting striations.

The one advantage of the Outbounds, however, is their light tint, which is just about perfect. I don't particularly care for the cooler tint of the Secas but their many advantages easily outweigh this one disadvantage.

One last point: I've decided against using a bar-mounted light with a cutoff beam, as I've found that it's more useful to use the helmet light exclusively when riding to/from the trails. Go figure.
    Thanks for this information and great your so happy with your new setup! My only question is to clarify your "adequate throw" comment. Is it less than, equal to, or greater than the Outbound road version? Thanks!
    Mole

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    Thanks for this information and great your so happy with your new setup! My only question is to clarify your "adequate throw" comment. Is it less than, equal to, or greater than the Outbound road version? Thanks!
    Mole
    Sounds like a math test!

In my opinion, the Seca has greater throw than the Outbound road. I'm wondering, though, if my perception may be influenced by the cooler tint of the Seca. It'd be great if Action LED could perform a lux v. beam angle analysis on these lights.

In any case, I've spent WAY too much money on lights and I really should stick with my current setup till death do us part. (But what fun would THAT be?)

mtbr member
    In my opinion, the Seca has greater throw than the Outbound road. I'm wondering, though, if my perception may be influenced by the cooler tint of the Seca. It'd be great if Action LED could perform a lux v. beam angle analysis on these lights.
    Again, thanks! I agree that Actions beam pattern tests were great but from what I understand Jim no longer has access to the area he used to conduct the testing (to bad).
    Mole