Sanguine st-t2200- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Sanguine st-t2200

So these guys have sent me their St-t220 for reviewing. And although I rolled my eyes and said yes. I'm quiet surprised.

2200lm Rechargeable Mountain Bike Headlight

I hate, HATE standard Chinese battery packs but first impression are good. The bag it's well made and the battery apparently has a protection circuit and has a neat silicon jacket.

For a cheap budget light it ticks all the boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I forgot to add that they've told me it's the same light as sold by Smudge / Mtb batteries. http://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/mounta...the-lumenator/

Certainly looks like the same light.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Holy cow, it's back!

A bunch of us bought something called the D99 from DX, thinking that it was this light. It was all very confusing and exciting back then. It was the first cheap dual led lights back when all we had were the single xml clones, before the yindings and solarstorm x2's came out.

Needless to say we are all disappointed. Internal heat sinking was poor, the optics made it a super flooder and it was not bright at all. Mine is still in the light head box. It was a shame really, because the case was nice and so was the switch and the UI.

Nobody bought the actual lumenator light as it was kit only and only available in the UK. It was also expensive.

I'm curious if it measures up to the 2200 lumen claim.

RAKC
    Ya ther eis a few names it goes by now, ultrafire, KD has their version etc. Maybe this one is one of the "better" versions.

mtbr member
    Yep, I have the ( D/X ) Fandyfire D99 version. I actually liked the lamp's UI but the output on mine was somewhat bluish. It was using standard XM-L emitters but the bluish tint was slightly annoying. When the Yinding and Duo clones came out everyone pretty much forgot about the D99's.

It bothers me to see a lamp like this claim to output over 2000 lumen on boost. Spank, if you're reviewing this lamp this is the first issue that needs to be clarified.

mtbr member
    I'll try and compare the out put to my fenix bc30. At least that's been tested by mtbr