mtbr member

Rakclighting Theia End user review (I tried to break it)

Lets start off with facts, I'm not a light nerd or have a Lumens fetish, I am however a guy that is very hard on gear of all kinds and break things including me

I was training for a 24 hour endurance race (my first) and needed a light and if you read much around here some of you will know my heart was in this 100% for personal reasons. I ended up with a RakcLighting Theia, I spoke over several occasions with the owner of the company and he is one of the most sincere people I have come across in a very long time.

Now for the goods ..
    It comes in a sturdy case with lots of goodies, handlebar mount, helmet mount, a strap setup for your head, charger, battery, remote, the light and manual. I found that the straps worked great for attaching everything to my helmet and not interfering with the Mips system or helmet fitment, easily dropped the battery into my center pocket in my jersey and I was ready to roll right after I attached the remote to the bars.

I was able to get a few pre-race night time rides in before the race to give it a shakedown. The light has various power settings and the remote was the coolest thing ever for changing settings on the fly and your hands never leaving the bars. I will attach a few pictures with it on its lowest setting and highest setting for contrast, the battery time seemed to go on forever and I have yet to run this thing dead.

The light even survived a 41mph downhill crash on lap 3, I however ended up with a Level 2 tear to my MCL and against everyones wishes I kept pedaling for another 21 hours and 19 minutes.. At dusk I started using the Theia on its lowest setting and varied it throughout the night and when the sun was beginning to rise it was still working flawlessly. To say that I'm pleased with this light would be a understatement, and in this non-scientifically conducted writeup I just dont feel like I'm doing it enough justice. But I will say that it will be my light of choice for racing and riding in the dark.

Enjoy the pictures, ask questions..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rakclighting Theia End user review (I tried to break it)-whatsinit.jpg  

Rakclighting Theia End user review (I tried to break it)-helmetlightcloseoup.jpg  

Rakclighting Theia End user review (I tried to break it)-helmetlightback.jpg  

Rakclighting Theia End user review (I tried to break it)-roadlights.jpg  

Rakclighting Theia End user review (I tried to break it)-tresslight.jpg  

Rakclighting Theia End user review (I tried to break it)-antlerlights.jpg  

Rakclighting Theia End user review (I tried to break it)-lightspider.jpg  

Nuun Ambassador 2017/2018
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Great review, thank you for taking the time to do it. Hyperions will be back in stock in the next few days FINALLY!

I like my theia as my helmet light. I'm just one for liking the extra power on the lid.

Keep us updated on how things go. Hope the knee is getting better quickly!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RAKC Ind; 07-30-2018 at 12:15 PM.
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

mtbr member
    The knee is getting a lot better and now just waiting on my new race bike to get here so I can dial her in and get ready for my next 24hr race in Oct.
    Nuun Ambassador 2017/2018
    Honey Stinger Ambassador 2018
    Facebook Blog "Run with me"
    Instagram @Run_withme1972

tep
    urbantrailridingroadie
    Feb 2004
    biggest concern is beam pattern for me. I am in the market to replace my light and motion seca...possibly with the same, as I can use my old battery and just buy a new sea 2000 head. I really like the look of these lights, all the adapters, run time, and price, but my biggest concern is beam pattern. I am going to be running this on my bar, so looking for wide and far???

any insight as a comparison with light and motion sea 2000?
    thanks,
    -tep
    oldmanjusthavingfunontwowheelsurbandirtandroad

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    the light pattern is subjective. It can be changed by simply swapping the optics which we have all different optics available.

Sorry, no comparison by us available with a Seca series light directly. But what I have seen of a Seca in use, these do over power them by a very noticeable amount but these do not have near the amount of light flooding the ground directly in front of the bike unless you change the optics to do so. However trying to create too much flood sacrifices the throw. These are designed towards being small and light weight while able to deal with heat better. Which the Seca series has 2 separate beam patterns by using a larger number of LEDs split into 2 separate groups to cover wide and throw.

Last edited by RAKC Ind; 09-12-2018 at 09:43 AM.

mtbr member
    The picture of the spider was totally, completely, unnecessary. Now I have to worry about mountain lion, bears, crystal meth tweekers, AND spiders on my night rides. Great.
    Thanks for the review - interesting light.
    I would advise not taking my advice.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by watermonkey View Post
    The picture of the spider was totally, completely, unnecessary. Now I have to worry about mountain lion, bears, crystal meth tweekers, AND spiders on my night rides. Great.
    Thanks for the review - interesting light.
    LMAO

Skunks and spiders are my main concerns beyond having a raccoon or deer run in front of me. And I have big issues with spiders.

My home trail is a bit more "creepy" because there is some very sad history. Trail is in a park that partially wraps around a cemetery and very OLD one. There is one area of low land that is said to be where the poor were buried back then completely unmarked. The park skirts right on the edge of that as does the trails.

And the best part is, for night riding the access point to the trails is right there. You start your ride being on that part of the trail, so not in the zone yet. Has me on edge every time I go out late at night.

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Dale

Any thing new now that you've been able to put some decent miles on the light?