Problems with Kaidomain- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2017

Problems with Kaidomain

Hello guys,
    I just want to ask if someone else used to have my problem.
    Two weeks ago i ordered KBP-18650B2S2P from Kaidomain with free shipping, and two days ago i received an e-mail asking for additional 18$ for the shipping. This means the pack was not sent yet. I declined payment.
    At the moment the status of the order shows Shipped in my account. And no one is answering me from the sales department.
    I have no idea if i will get it or not, should i ask Paypal for my money or wait some time.Problems with Kaidomain-untitled.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Problems with Kaidomain-untitled1.jpg  

RAKC Industries
    Jan 2017
    Welcome to the game of buying cheap stuff from china. Can be fine, sometimes even get a decent product. But plenty of instances where things like this happen. Its why we call it the Chinese Lottery.

If it was me, I would request my money refunded.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.

mtbr member
    User BanL is a BLF member and can be contacted over there to address issues like this. Here is a link to one of his posts.

I'm guessing your country required special shipping which was an additional charge. Sounds like you need a refund. I would try going through BanL first, then if he's not responsive request through PayPal.
    Kaidomain is not out to scam you, but they can be frustrating to deal with when their customer support is lacking. Also "marked as shipped" at KD doesn't mean it's actually shipped. Numerous reports of that occurring at KD too (see that BLF thread).

-Garry
    "My Bike Lights" Thread on BLF teardowns, measurements, and beamshots. Moving my photos, PM or post up if you can't see them.

arc
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I asked Ban about ordering a battery pack early last summer. He said shipping to Canada was only possible with the DHL shipping option, that's probably where the extra fees came from.

I had an order in progress from them at the time that turned into a bit of a disaster, never did order the pack. In stock on the website doesn't mean much, its best to email and ask. Getting a straight answer from Candy can be difficult, I think half the time she's buying time waiting for the item to arrive or be made so they can ship it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Yes, it is about the upgrade to DHL.
    The frustrating thing is they never bothered to tell me that there is a problem with the order. Only when i asked what is going on, they told me about it. I could of asked them after a month or so. It is all about the lost time i had.
    Not a good service. Will not recommend Kaidomain.com as a reliable source.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Kaidomain is reliable and honest source but has its own issues. Very likely there is only few persons behind, next they are not big enough to get a lot of postal service options.

Shipping Litium batteries restrictions is another issue where many sellers need to constantly check and change postal services. When big enough there is enough man/power to do that, not so with KD (as I see them).

Dealing with Chinese companies is lottery as RACK said. You need to know and accept it.
    For example I could order Li-Ion cells from Gearbest in the past, but no more. They ship Li-Ions to 254 countries except mine And I can't do a bit about it. Of course some others can ship them, I just need to wait up to 2 months to get them. :/

Ask mr. BanL if he can do anything about it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Ledoman, I did received one order from them. I bought a light for my bike. Now i wanted to buy a battery pack.
    The problem is not that their products are legit. It is the service. You just can not continue giving wrong information for a product (claiming free delivery), or failing to inform that you can not deliver it. Fourteen days. It took fourteen days just to tell me - Dear friend, we can not ship it. The upgrade to DHL will cost 18$.
    Either way the whole post is to inform the community here (or whoever finds it with Goolge).
    As a matter of fact i read your posts about the battery pack here on this forum. This is the reason i ordered from there.

ps. I am looking at this pack right now https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/Protected-L.../162751989987?
    Trying to figure out if this is their official ebay store.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Hi Moto126

I had noticed that your order had fully refunded to you in Paypal. Please check your Paypal account. I am sorry for any inconvenience cause to you.

Due to the safeguard aviation security, the pure battery pack is prohibited to ship by airline services. It is denied by your local post too. It will mark as prohibited item and rejected. The package will be destroyed directly. We have number of packages are rejected in recent.

Hope you can understand with us.

Thank you

Ban

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Hi ledoman

Thank you for your understanding.

In some case, the battery pack had shipped out and reject by the export mail center. This is the reason why there is some delayed of the battery pack package. We only get notice for the package had rejected after some days after the package had shipped out.

I am really sorry for this situation and cause the delayed of the package.

Thank you

Ban

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hi BanL. Thank you for fast response. If there are problems I would suggest you to put note on your web page letting people know what can expect and who to contact. Not shure how other sellers can make to get trough, but they can. Just got 6 bare LG 18650 cells from Aliexpress purchased 6th Nov.

Maybe it is good buyers contact you before they buy so you can explain stuation. The worst is when you leave customer uninformed for long time. I would suggest not using sales address as it is unresponsive from time to time.

People find your web page because you make good battery packs and we reviewed them here. Keep on good relationship with buyers. I know you are having hard times to ship those packs, but you are going to loose reputation not informing buyers ontime.

Of course this is my opinion and wish everybody is happy.

mtbr member
    Kaidomain needs to place a link within their website informing the people who buy batteries what they must do in order to receive their Li-ion battery purchase. If they are required to ship via a third party shipper like DHL, that needs to be said "Before" they close out the final purchase steps.

With that said it needs to be understood that anyone shipping a Li-ion battery nowadays could likely encounter problems due to international and domestic airline regulations. Not to mention local ground postal has regulations as well. None of this is the shippers fault.

It's ironic that when KD finally started to sell actual decent battery packs that the international airline shipping regulations changed which prevented us peeps from buying overseas. Nowadays if you buy a battery overseas you really are "rolling the dice".

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Refund confirmed, Banl.
    Same thoughts here, Ledoman.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat-man-do View Post
    With that said it needs to be understood that anyone shipping a Li-ion battery nowadays could likely encounter problems due to international and domestic airline regulations. Not to mention local ground postal has regulations as well. None of this is the shippers fault.
    I disagree. It's the shipper's responsibility to understand and follow regulations regarding the transportation of dangerous goods. Carriers provide guides that are kind of like ELI5 manuals to assist them in day to day preparation of DG shipments, but they should also have a good understanding of how to prepare their shipment using the IATA DG Regs book, and whatever domestic guides (49CFR for DOT and FAA in the US) their country provides.

Also, appears the carrier they use has not been able (or is not willing) to obtain authorization to move Li-Ion batteries in Canada, or maybe they don't transit Canada at all, and DHL is applying a surcharge due to the DG content. Either way, this falls upon Kaidoman to handle, they should collect all carrier surcharges during purchase. This should be performed automatically by their system. SSSS (Some seriously shady shit) going on.
    I will suffer no butt-hurt fools!

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ledoman View Post
    Hi BanL. Thank you for fast response. If there are problems I would suggest you to put note on your web page letting people know what can expect and who to contact. Not shure how other sellers can make to get trough, but they can. Just got 6 bare LG 18650 cells from Aliexpress purchased 6th Nov.

Maybe it is good buyers contact you before they buy so you can explain stuation. The worst is when you leave customer uninformed for long time. I would suggest not using sales address as it is unresponsive from time to time.

People find your web page because you make good battery packs and we reviewed them here. Keep on good relationship with buyers. I know you are having hard times to ship those packs, but you are going to loose reputation not informing buyers ontime.

Of course this is my opinion and wish everybody is happy.
    Hi friend

The shipping notices had already written in the product page description.

Thank you

Ban

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamingtaco View Post
    I disagree. It's the shipper's responsibility to understand and follow regulations regarding the transportation of dangerous goods. Carriers provide guides that are kind of like ELI5 manuals to assist them in day to day preparation of DG shipments, but they should also have a good understanding of how to prepare their shipment using the IATA DG Regs book, and whatever domestic guides (49CFR for DOT and FAA in the US) their country provides.

Also, appears the carrier they use has not been able (or is not willing) to obtain authorization to move Li-Ion batteries in Canada, or maybe they don't transit Canada at all, and DHL is applying a surcharge due to the DG content. Either way, this falls upon Kaidoman to handle, they should collect all carrier surcharges during purchase. This should be performed automatically by their system. SSSS (Some seriously shady shit) going on.
    When I said it wasn't the shipper's fault I was referring to the fact that they don't make the international laws, nor do they do the enforcement and confiscation of shipments already sent out. Otherwise I agree with most of what you are saying. Keep in mind however that the Chinese aren't always going to do business in a manner that we might find appropriate. Easy for us to say the Chinese should do this or that but in the end we either have to accept how they do business or simply choose not to do business with them if we don't like what they do. Personally I take the approach, "Buyer beware", when dealing with the Chinese electronics goods industry.

We you buy from the Chinese sometimes you win. Sometimes you break even. Sometimes you don't get exactly what you wanted and sometimes you outright crash and burn. If you're willing to roll the Chinese dice you lay your money down and hope for the best. That said, with Li-ion battery packs the odds are not in your favor.

mtbr member
    Feb 2016
    If we all listened to flamingtaco, wed all have sh1tty lights. The regulations are a joke and change by the minute. I dont fault KD at all. I had a pack destroyed by Chicago post that Kd repacked with an alternate shipping method that worked. That 2 cell quality pack is still my go to.