Problem with MTE P7 Flashlight- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Problem with MTE P7 Flashlight

I have this light from Dealextreme http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16092
    The problem I'm having is that when ever I hit a rough spot on the trail it cycles to the next mode. For instance if I have it on the brightest mode it cycles to the strobe mode whenever I hit a rock or big root.

Anyone have this problem.... anyone know of a fix?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Mine hasn't done that but it does flicker sometimes. I have heard some models have problems with the clicker. Seems to affect the ones with 5 or 7 modes more than the 2 mode models. Is it mounted on your bar or helmet? It does take more of a beating on the bars. Mine is helmet mounted.
    Orbea Oiz
    Sette Flite
    Bianchi 26er ss

mtbr member
    May 2009

loose spring

It sounds like you might be losing your + connection due to the battery moving slightly away from the contact point. You could stretch the spring a little to increase tension of maybe shove some tin foil under the - side of the battery to form a tighter fit.

You might could try a rubber mount (if you don't have one already) it might help, but I doubt it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    It's bar mounted. I will stretch the spring some to see if it makes a difference.

mtbr member
    See this thread on CPF
    LED Troubleshooting guide (budget lights).

Members who have read this thread: 0