Princeton Tec Switchback 3 Light- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Princeton Tec Switchback 3 Light

I just did an eight hour night race. Well, just before the race started my handle bar light broke and I thought I was going to be screwed with just the Switchback 3 on my helmet. I was wrong, the light was flawless and lasted till the end of my last lap when I got the warning flash telling me the battery was low, it couldn't have been scripted any better. The advertise 6 hour run time on high is true to its word. Both my son and I were using it and of the eight hour race the light was turned off a max of two hours while waiting for our team mate to complete his laps...so kudos for that!!!

I read all the reviews on this light before purchasing it and I have to say the light was not to heavy for the helmet mount and the light pattern is perfect...This light get's a from me....

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I just bought one and I think it's a great light too. The beam is very even and the perfect width, with just enough spillover to make out overhanging branches or street signs. For the $300 list price there may or may not be better options but I got a great deal and I'm very pleased. If anything, the battery has twice as much capacity as I'll ever need. I'd almost rather have a lighter one! A lot of people could easily get a whole week's worth of commuting out of a singe charge.

mtbr member
    Been using mine a lot lately on some Group rides cause it's been getting dark early here in Germany and the more I use it the more I like it. The last ride I went on one of the riders didn't have a good light and my switchback 3 put out enough light for the both of us...

mtbr member
    You know I've seen this light go as cheap as $73 on chainlove...

Members who have read this thread: 0