Possible customized solarstorm case.- Mtbr.com
    RAKC

Possible customized solarstorm case.

Ok learned a couple things from ghjs lol.

I have opportunity to get us a "properly built" solarstorm 2s2p case made. Going to use current case at gearbest as base, correct protection issue (so they manufacture them with the center wire from lower contacts) and thicker lead wire to light head so we dont have the huge voltage drop from tiny wire up to the "Y". May be able to get USB removed completely but that's iffy at the moment.

But this rides on interest. It'll be a group buy to start then gearbest will also stock the case afterwards.

Solarstorm is willing to customize if we show the interest, more interest, more they are willing to do but case itself has to remain what "looks" the same outside. They don't want to completely redesign the entire case. Just customize to better suit our complaints.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I'd be in if they took out the USB port. Man I hate having that piece of crap dragging around. Useless to me cause it won't charge an iPad. Must die.

RAKC
    That's second part of main customize, ditch the USB. Maybe be able to have either option depends if enough want USB and they can get the y made with 20awg without much trouble.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Yes please. A 2nd MS style cord with cap for those who don't want to use it

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    This project I had already discussed in depth with both Dora and May.
    Last edited by GJHS; 04-28-2015 at 07:10 AM.

RAKC
    Are u freaking kidding me, this started as I found the solarstorm case without USB (older version). She asked and was told that case was old version and what was wrong with it, so I explained, and this is where that convo ended up. Ffs think im outta this cause I keep stepping in toes thinking no one is on said project

Sorry GHJS, think ill resign from this for gearbest, ain't fair to you and can't stand ending up in this place cause other end can't communicate.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    You know Tigris, honest I think the foul isn't on you. I listed out all the issues previous and asked May and Dora to ask SolarStorm to fix it and it would sell a lot, since the Pannovo case was no longer. I even found some alternative battery boxes and the Fenix case. I pushed and pushed and pushed and got nowhere. The Fenix case was the toughest project to date. Now they want to fix the SolarStorm mistakes?

I saved every message and can show you all my work. GearBest WTF?
    Last edited by GJHS; 04-28-2015 at 07:11 AM.

RAKC
    Oh I KNOW, trust me I read ALOT I know. I just knew nothing so when solarstorm was asked and agreed by my rep I assumed all clr. I was already actively checking anything mentioned to see if it was your project before proceeding.

I dont think the problem is us, I think May wants out of it so you got thrown out more or less. Cause she's been hard for anyone to contact for any reason (even stock status) and all the sudden their pilling it on me when I ask about something.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Ok Nefari Welcome to the Forum.
    Last edited by GJHS; 04-27-2015 at 05:54 AM.

RAKC
    Ya I kind of....lol. Better me than who referred me cause he's full atm (wont disclose who that was, dont ask). He has a good rep and rather I get out then anyone of you guys take any more crap.

RAKC
    Well can't blame her, trust me she's actually trying to sort this out cause she was in the dark too. Oh and its Nefetari

Just frustrating were both on the same goal we can each have our own projects if each side is informed as to who's doing what

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    The only problem here is that this project is impossible and can't be built, as I discovered months ago. May confirmed it this morning.

Netefari and May are pushing to make it happen so let's see.
    Last edited by GJHS; 04-28-2015 at 07:09 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by GJHS View Post
    GearBest WTF?
    https://www.quickmeme.com/img/11/110...41d0b189b0.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Buy American?

RAKC
    Not eager for anything, made decision this morning im outta all this, idea was to help get what we all want and I seemed to be gaining some ground on that. Might still review something here and there but other than that, im done. Have no desire to deal with drama, ill but do my own thing leave the rest to deal with things on their own.

Side note: I pm'd GJHS about what he posted last night before I went to bed, see how that ended up. No common goal, dont ask for help on things then get mad when someone else tries to explore other avenues that you never made any mention of pursuing anyway.
    Last edited by tigris99; 04-27-2015 at 11:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I think you're reading something wrong, I'm not upset with you. We are being fed two different stories. Nefetari is saying yes to stuff that I was told wasn't possible after a ton of work, that's my issue. Sorry if it was expressed wrong.

RAKC
    All I know was she was translating directly back and forth between me and "solarstorm" when I started this thread. Not sure what mays telling you but it being put on thread I started cause this attempt solarstorm is being receptive to customization....it sucks. As many PMs as I get about the case having to tell people to mod it or explain what to do to avoid modding, I thought this was a good thing for everyone.

Oh well not my problem anymore.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I hear you, why you're getting a different story from Nefari is the question. I spoke with Dora, the supervisor about this and she said they won't consider it. May also said the manufacturer said no.

Ledoman and Archie spelled out everything and the changes are simple. My experience with SolarStorm though has not been positive.

RAKC
    Matter is that seems your rep has no desire to work on things I dont know. But ill do my thing and leave it at that. Dont care, not my problem thing now. I had a chance to possibly get this done, this is what happened so I wont step up for help or anything anymore to get changes/customization done.