NR Minewt cordless 650 vs Cat Eye computer- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member extraordinair

NR Minewt cordless 650 vs Cat Eye computer

I noticed that whenever I have my handlebar mounted light on, my cat eye wireless computer quits reading. The light is somehow interfering. The light is mounted on my handlebar just to the side of the stem, and the computer is mounted on the stem. Anyone else have this problem?
    Grit, spit, and a whole lot of duct tape!

mtbr member
    I have had interference problems from a number of lights and cat eye wireless computers (micro wireless, and stada wireless) (and other brands of wireless (and digital) computers).

I run my computer as close to the shift / brake lever mounts to put as much distance as possible between the light and computer. Generally this puts enough distance to eliminate the interference. I keep the light close to the stem.

I actually ended up liking this set up and find it easier to look towards the end of bar to check the computer compared to looking at the center of the bar. Seems like there is less time my eyes are off the trail while moving. The downside is you have to be careful setting you bike upside down on the bars to protect your computer.

Members who have read this thread: 0