no response from MagicShine about faulty light- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2014

Upset no response from MagicShine about faulty light

has anyone had any problems contacting magicshine about warranty replacement? i've sent 3 different emails to them through links on their site, even filling out a warranty claim and have not heard a peep. that was almost 2 weeks ago. not a confirmation that they got it or anything.

anyone else experience this with them?

thanks

mtbr member
    Try contacting Jim over at Action-LED-Lights. He might be able to help you out.

The community here could probably help you diagnose the problem as well. If it's completely dead, you have to start suspecting/checking power connectors, and then move on toward verifying the battery. Having a friend with another known good light and battery can also go a long way toward ruling out one or the other.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    thanks! i will try to see what Jim can do for me since MagicShine wont respond. they dont even have a telephone number on their site!

but anyways, the light isnt completely dead. mine has the big center, and two smaller outer lights. the smaller outer lights still work, but the center main light is out. it went dim while using it to the point where the light was just barely on, now its out completely. i can still use the 2 smaller ones.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    email sent to action-led-lights...i hope they can point me in the direction i need because i still haven't heard a peep from MagicShine directly. no phone numbers to be found on their site that i could see either.

mtbr member
    I've been working with Jim for a while and he runs a tight ship. He's an authorized MS dealer and if there's anything that can be done (i.e. the warranty is still valid) then he'll likely be able to help.

In general, it's never a good sign when you see an LED go "dim." Extreme overheat damage can cause something like this (i.e. lack of good thermal path from the LED to the case). Did it happen while riding? If you really like the light, I hope you'll have success getting it repaired, but unfortunately, the Chinese light market has very definitely moved into "disposable" mode where the cost to repair vs. cost to replace are starting to blur... still if it was under warranty, I would think they would stand by it. It may boil down to the question of where it was purchased.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    thanks for the suggestion...i spoke with Jim via email and he is contacting them on my behalf. he was very quick to respond!

yeah it happened while riding...just normally coasting down a trail and it went out. luckily for me the two smaller 400 lumen side lights were more than enough to get me back to the car.

i bought it through Amazon

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Oh, was that the "Mickey Mouse" MJ-816? Do you have the more recent, "1900 Lumens" model with an XM-L2 center beam? Recently upgraded to that one myself from a much older "1400 Lumens" 816. Yeah if it's still under warranty you shouldn't have any problems getting yours repaired or replaced right away the MS vendors are pretty good and have always come through for me.