NiteRider Lumina repair?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

NiteRider Lumina repair?

I have a NiteRider Lumina OLED 1100 boost.
    The display on it nolonger works.
    By any chance does anyone know what NR charges to repair it? I doubt they would cover this under warranty because it was dropped and it looks like the display screen might have some hairline cracks in it. I don't figure that's covered under warranty.
    uʍop əpıs ɹəqqnɹ əɥʇ dəəʞ ɹəqɯəɯəɹ pəɥsɐɹɔ əʌɐɥ ʇɥƃıɯ noʎ sıɥʇ pɐəɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Bikesexual
    I sent my 900 for repair to them and it was free. Shoot them an email, great customer service.

They turned it around very quickly, and no receipt required.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

mtbr member
    If its not covered under warranty, they usually will repair lights for cheap.

Pricing is here: https://www.niterider.com/niterider-warranty/

As a reference, I paid $20 for the repair on my Lumina 650 when the charger port broke off.
    AreBee

mtbr member
    I sent an email to them a while back and never heard back from them.
    Finally called them yesterday and they gave me the info to send it back to repair.
    I bought this light from ebay. They are aware it came from Ebay because I has to send them a copy of the reciept. Here is what they sent me in an email.
    "Please note that any dealer through eBay is not an authorized seller of our products but I am willing to take care of you this time around. I would suggest purchasing from a local bike shop or even Amazon."
    In agree with buying local, but sometimes the deal just isn't there. But Amazon and not Ebay? I have bought many things from ebay and they have came in an Amazon box. If I don't buy directly from an on-line store I would rather buy from (US sellers) on Ebay. I've had just as much, if not more, bad luck through Amazon than I have through Ebay.

mtbr member
    Interesting regarding what they sent you on purchase from eBay not being 'authorized' retailer.

I've bought a few NiteRider lights over the years through various on-line retailers but never considered if they were 'authorized'. I've had to get a repair done a couple of times and they were always fast and reasonable even if outside of warranty. They are a good outfit and stand behind products.
    12 Santa Cruz Heckler
    18 Kona Process 153 AL/DL (27.5)...:thumbsup:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sturge View Post
    Interesting regarding what they sent you on purchase from eBay not being 'authorized' retailer.

I've bought a few NiteRider lights over the years through various on-line retailers but never considered if they were 'authorized'. I've had to get a repair done a couple of times and they were always fast and reasonable even if outside of warranty. They are a good outfit and stand behind products.
    I agree NiteRider is a great company and they stand behind their product. Which is one reason I continue being a customer. Other lights migh be cheaper, but do they back their product? If so how well? You get what you pay for.
    Are we suppose to ask each and every retailer if they are an authorized dealer?

mtbr member
    Out of curiosity I asked them the difference.

"We have better control of who sells on Amazon as compared to Ebay, where a number of bike shops sell our products below MAP (minimum advertised price) and are unauthorized retailers of our products. We have also had some experiences with knock-off lights in the past through Ebay."

From my experience, Amazon can be just as bad as Ebay.
    I don't have Amazon Prime, so I typically see quicker shipping from ebay. I've bought items from ebay that comes in an Amazon box and sometimes even in a prime box.