Niterider 2800 Lights- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Silver54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    48

    Niterider 2800 Lights

    I've searched though the forum and have seen mixed things about Niterider lights. But does anyone here have any first-hand experience with their 2800 light? I found one vender who is offering 15% off on these lights for the 4th. So I am really pondering it.

    The mount looks really solid---none of that rubber band stuff. But is there anything that I should be aware of in terms of build quality or reliability of the brand?

    Any info would be appreciated...

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MRMOLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,783
    Tough to get information on current brand name lights in this forum simply because after being exposed to Ituo/Gloworm/Gemini most of us realize you can get just as good or better performance for a lot less money + excellent customer service from the vendors we get them from (RAKC/Action-led-Lights). My personal experience with Niterider lights was that the 2 I owned were a bit problematic but always taken care of with warranty claims which sometimes resulted in a couple of weeks downtime. One advantage to the name brand lights though is your LBS more than likely has demo lights you can borrow for a ride to see if you like it (worth checking out for that much $). Quite a few people I ride with use NR lights but unfortunately no one has the model your looking at so sorry I couldn't be much help here.
    Mole

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Silver54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    48
    Thanks Mr Mole. That was the feedback that I was looking for.

    I'll check out RAKC (Action-led-Lights). A Gemini Titan 4000 is on my list for $299.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MRMOLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,783
    Actually "RAKC" and "Action-LED-Lights" are two different websites. Here's a couple of links.

    https://www.ituolights.com/collections/mtb-light-kits

    https://www.action-led-lights.com/

    Mole

  5. #5
    RAKC Industries
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,265
    Yeap, we're not Action-Led . We handle Ituo and Ravemen.

    If your after big lumens, Ituo XP4 is right up your alley, on sale at the moment as well. Gopro style mounting so its a fair bit more universal.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Life on a bike doesn't begin till the sun goes down.


  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Silver54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    48
    Thanks RAKC. I'll check out the site tonight.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Silver54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by RAKC Ind View Post
    Yeap, we're not Action-Led . We handle Ituo and Ravemen.

    If your after big lumens, Ituo XP4 is right up your alley, on sale at the moment as well. Gopro style mounting so its a fair bit more universal.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I am interested in the XP4. I'll reach out to you later this week about it.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver54 View Post
    I've searched though the forum and have seen mixed things about Niterider lights. But does anyone here have any first-hand experience with their 2800 light? I found one vender who is offering 15% off on these lights for the 4th. So I am really pondering it.

    The mount looks really solid---none of that rubber band stuff. But is there anything that I should be aware of in terms of build quality or reliability of the brand?

    Any info would be appreciated...
    With a brand as big as Niterider you're bound to get both positive and negative feedback from users. They also make a WIDE arrange of lights from dirt cheap to their high end expensive models. So, I would assume you'd get better quality and more features with their high end products. They are one of the major brands so getting their 2800 lumen light I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with.

    I use a Cateye Volt 1600 on my bars and a Niterider 750 on my helmet. I have never had any issues with either in the 2 years I've owned them.
    My bike is all tricked out. It has pedals, a handle bar, a seat and two wheels! H8tRs gunna H8t!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Silver54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    48
    After a bit more research I narrowed the choice down to the Ituo XP4 and the Gloworm XS. Ultimately ordered the Gloworm XS from Action LED. The XP4 was going to sit too high on my handlebars. In the end Gloworm and Ituo make amazing lights Both awesome. Keith responded to my email within the hour about the Ituo. Likewise Action LED got my order out within 24 hours. I highly recommend both!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MRMOLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver54 View Post
    After a bit more research I narrowed the choice down to the Ituo XP4 and the Gloworm XS. Ultimately ordered the Gloworm XS from Action LED. The XP4 was going to sit too high on my handlebars. In the end Gloworm and Ituo make amazing lights Both awesome. Keith responded to my email within the hour about the Ituo. Likewise Action LED got my order out within 24 hours. I highly recommend both!
    Congrats on your new light. I think in the long run you'll find the layout (3 changeable optics) of your XS (or Ituo XP3) to be more useful than the single optic/multi emitter XP4. Beam shape and width can easily be manipulated with optic changes to better suite your needs. Enjoy!
    Mole

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    710
    Awesome light! Good choice.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,811
    Quote Originally Posted by MRMOLE View Post
    ...I think in the long run you'll find the layout (3 changeable optics) of your XS (or Ituo XP3) to be more useful than the single optic/multi emitter XP4. Beam shape and width can easily be manipulated with optic changes to better suite your needs. Enjoy!
    Mole
    Agree with this 100%.
    GoPro adapters for bike lights http://www.pacifier.com/~kevinb/index.html

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Silver54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    48
    Thanks Guys! I'll be sure to post up some pics and my experiences with it.

Similar Threads

  1. $2800 bike suggestions
    By cgnreno in forum 27.5
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-28-2016, 10:58 AM
  2. Bike suggestions - 2800 budget
    By DimitrisCSD in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-25-2016, 06:03 AM
  3. Which Scalpel: 2015 3 ($2800) vs 2016 2 ($4200)?
    By riff115 in forum Cannondale
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-11-2016, 10:37 PM
  4. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-28-2015, 02:49 PM
  5. $2800 for a SS frame ... are you kidding me!
    By 1sportsdoc in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 03:35 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.